Retired Numbers

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
For Christmas I received the new Retired Numbers book. It contained a master list of retired numbers. Looking through this list 66 was retired for Mario Lemieux, 77 for Ray Bourque and 99 for Wayne Gretzky. It had me wondering which other "high" numbers will be retired if any.

The one that popped into my head right away was 88 for Eric Lindros. Was his tenure in Philly good enough for the Flyers to retire 88? What about 77 in Pittsburgh for Paul Coffey or 68 for Jaromir Jagr?

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
For Christmas I received the new Retired Numbers book. It contained a master list of retired numbers. Looking through this list 66 was retired for Mario Lemieux, 77 for Ray Bourque and 99 for Wayne Gretzky. It had me wondering which other "high" numbers will be retired if any.

The one that popped into my head right away was 88 for Eric Lindros. Was his tenure in Philly good enough for the Flyers to retire 88? What about 77 in Pittsburgh for Paul Coffey or 68 for Jaromir Jagr?

Of the 3 you listed, only Jagr would likely get his number retired by the Pens. Relationship was soured at the end, but he carried the team in the late 90's and early millennium almost by himself. Lindros had a poor relationship over a good part of his career with the team. Coffey, he play 3 full years with the Pens and 2 half seasons with them. Not long enough, but he did win a Cup with them, so unless the Pens do like the Avs did for Bourque, don't expect it.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Gilmour has his number honored in Toronto so that is kind of equal to retiring since Leafs have different thinking.

Of the retired players or those who are playing their final years, I was thinking Mogilny in Sabres and Fedorov in Wings as possibilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad