Result of Sens trades

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Uhhhhh

Karlsson + Chabot + Stone + Duchene plus all the young players coming up. We would have easily been a competitive team.

Anyway, get off Melnyks and Dorions *****.

Would we be that much better off this season with Karlsson instead of Tierney and DeMelo?

Who would be our centers right now without Tierney? Duchene-White-Pyatt-McCormick?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Would we be that much better off this season with Karlsson instead of Tierney and DeMelo?

Who would be our centers right now without Tierney? Duchene-White-Pyatt-McCormick?
Are you really saying that we wouldn't be better off with a generational player vs a tweener and a #4-#5 d?

Really?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Are you really saying that we wouldn't be better off with a generational player vs a tweener and a #4-#5 d?

Really?

Triggered.

Answer the question. How much would Karlsson have helped us in our games so far this season? Tierney has been our best and most consistent forward so far this season, in a position that is swimming in injuries.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Triggered.

Answer the question. How much would Karlsson have helped us in our games so far this season? Tierney has been our best and most consistent forward so far this season, in a position that is swimming in injuries.

Lol Tierny isn't anything to brag about. Dude is about Pageau caliber he's not making or breaking anything.

Tierney also hasn't really been as great as his numbers suggest and he's gonna struggle to hit 50 points.

I don't know what else to say except it's crazy that you actually think Tierny would help this team more than Karlsson lol.

Like just wooooooooooooooow

Reactions: Engineer

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Uhhhhh

Karlsson + Chabot + Stone + Duchene plus all the young players coming up. We would have easily been a competitive team.

For most of the Season, perhaps, but as the TDL loomed, what would the odds have been to keep EK, MS, MD and RD all Senators for the next season?

Something had to be done, and it was.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Lol Tierny isn't anything to brag about. Dude is about Pageau caliber he's not making or breaking anything.

Tierney also hasn't really been as great as his numbers suggest and he's gonna struggle to hit 50 points.

I don't know what else to say except it's crazy that you actually think Tierny would help this team more than Karlsson lol.

Like just wooooooooooooooow

Did you really get that from my question? Seems to me that you have reading comprehension issues.

I will ask the question again since you appear to have trouble reading it properly without getting triggered and flying off the handle. I'm even going to use a bold font to make it easier for you to read:

How much would Karlsson have helped us in our games so far this season? Tierney has been our best and most consistent forward so far this season, in a position that is swimming in injuries.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Triggered.

EK has played 12 games, has 7 assists, and has been on the ice, at even strength, when 7 more goals have been scored against the Sharks than the Sharks have scored with him on the ice,
at even strength.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Did you really get that from my question? Seems to me that you have reading comprehension issues.

I will ask the question again since you appear to have trouble reading it properly without getting triggered and flying off the handle. I'm even going to use a bold font to make it easier for you to read:

How much would Karlsson have helped us in our games so far this season? Tierney has been our best and most consistent forward so far this season, in a position that is swimming in injuries.

A shit ton more.

Have you seen our D? Demelo was the 7th best d in SJ, he's our #2. Like dear god.

Let me ask you something.

Do you honestly think that having Tierny is more beneficial than having Karlsson on the roster this season?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So you cannot provide a verifiable quote? So you are just B-Sing as per usual.

You must ask everyone the same question, and when you do, I will fall in line.

Example: Ask this Poster the same you ask of me.
The poster I was quoting said that managment moved EK because we're rebuilding. Which isn't true. Management moved EK because they didn't want to pay him.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
A **** ton more.

Have you seen our D? Demelo was the 7th best d in SJ, he's our #2. Like dear god.

Let me ask you something.

Do you honestly think that having Tierny is more beneficial than having Karlsson on the roster this season?

No I don't. But I also don't think it's the difference between an competitive team and a non-competitive team. For example, Tierney has been more beneficial to us so far this season than Karlsson would have been due to lack of depth and injuries down the middle. Will that hold up? Probably not. But, again, I don't think the gap is as big as you make it out to be.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
No I don't. But I also don't think it's the difference between an competitive team and a non-competitive team. For example, Tierney has been more beneficial to us so far this season than Karlsson would have been due to lack of depth and injuries down the middle. Will that hold up? Probably not. But, again, I don't think the gap is as big as you make it out to be.

K I'll take the generational talent who almost won Ottawa a cup with Bobby Ryan as his best teammate.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Also you changed "this season" to " so far this season".

Nice. And also Karlsson would be better in either scenario.

We haven't been a good team this season. One of the worst actually. Constantly outplayed every game it feels.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Uhhhhh

We were not competitive last year with all those players. Most of our prospects are still very raw and will take a while before they are solid and can handle lots of nhl minutes. Batherson & Chlapik are really the only 2 who i'd say are ready and maybe Jaros..

We got screwed by Ryan's contract among other terrible signings. As a small market team with low ticket prices & sales wouldnt allow us to have all the below players without losing a lot of money each year, which unfortunately for us with our cheap owner prevents us from spending to the cap.

EK for 11mill
Stone for 7-8
Duchene for 7-8
Chabot in a year for 6-8
Smith for 3.3
Ryan 7.5
Ceci for 4-5
Goalies for 7
EDIT: Forgot Burrows @ 2.5 mill. What a stupid trade and even worse signing...

The bolded especially hurts. I was pissed at the return for EK but now im more ok with it seeing Tierny looking like an awesome 2nd C, Demelo as playable, Balcers and Norris with good potential, and picks as future gravy.

Once you get past your emotions the return we got for a player we (wouldnt/couldnt/didnt want to re-sign/didnt want to spend/etc) was actually pretty good considering we could have ended up like NYI who got squat for Tavares.

Last edited:

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Beware the Mark Stone effect. Remember when Zach Smith scored 25 goals centering Stone?

At least Tierny has another year to prove this one isnt a fluke. Still I think he's way better than Smith. Stone has been a little slow this year too, Tierny is making alot of chances himself

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It feels like Dorion went out and got all the players Murray wanted to make a run at it. Now he has the task of building this team the way he wants. Trading Karlsson, not a good first step.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It feels like Dorion went out and got all the players Murray wanted to make a run at it. Now he has the task of building this team the way he wants. Trading Karlsson, not a good first step.

So would you trade everything the sens got for Ek back to keep EK till the end of the year? I got crapped on saying it was a good return for a rental. But now that the shoe is on the other foot I bet not many would reverse it today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad