Prospect Info: Rest of the Hawks Draft: 2nd round and on.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Nathan Légaré is a prospect that could be there by our 2nd. His stats look good but I haven't watched any video on him yet. I did notice he was playing on a team with two top overagers though. I’m interested if anyone is familiar with him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nathan Légaré is a prospect that could be there by our 2nd. His stats look good but I haven't watched any video on him yet. I did notice he was playing on a team with two top overagers though. I’m interested if anyone is familiar with him.
I think with Légaré it's a question of skating concerns

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
All I am saying goes is that Kochetkov was very very impressive against the cream if the 3 CHL leagues in the Super Series in November and again at world Juniors.. He will go in the first half of round 2..He is at minimum 2nd best goalie prospect of this draft...Will he last to #43...maybe not...but if he is there you just cannot pass on this kind of talent and potential. ..some team us gonna grab him for sure in first half of round 2...we will not get this goidxa goalie prospect by our usual waiting to middle and later rounds to draft a goalie...The idea was in past seasons that we had Crawford and no rush to find our next #2 goalie..But now that Crow is at his age and with the concussion history that could put him out anytime. .it IS time we addressed the best possible goalie prospects to compete in the pipeline to develop our next # 1 goalie.. Sure ...you want to also sign college free agent goalies like Delia and hope you get the next Belfour. ..But you usually do not get that lucky getting elite goalies doing only that ..You also need to Draft top ranked entry draft goalies ...Yes few would risk a first rounder especially #3 overall on a goalie..but as soon as round 2 starts if the goalie who will go 2nd is still there at #43 you gotta grab him..he would not be there in the 3rd even if we had our pick which we do not..if he is there we cannot bypass the opportunity.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
for me with ref to Kochetkov, my opinion is that my opinion with my thought process.

it is up to the Bhawks brass and their view on the future. i just think that Kochetkov and what he brings is too valuable and is what may be needed in several yrs down the road .

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I think with Légaré it's a question of skating concerns

That’s what I noticed in a couple of the videos I watched. His skating wasn’t terrible but it’s his first few steps that really need work. Everything else looked good about his game. His shot is really good and he was physical.

Reactions: Kevin Musto and LDF

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Really hope we can get another 2nd or possible 3rd round pick by trading at the draft, but if we don't, I want a center or high end winger at #43. I know goalies may look enlightening, but predicting goalies to be future all-stars is tough (or even solid nhlers). We get a lot more equity with picking solid goalies in later rounds and picking probable top 9 forwards in the top 50 picks (or top 6 defenders).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Stanley needs to start addressing goaltending pool longterm which is weakness overall

Draft

G Ilya Konovalov in 4th round (Hawks pick)
G Amir Miftakhov in 6th round

Konovalov is an overager (20) who will be NHL ready sooner then Kochetkov and could come over and challenge immediately for NHL when his contract in KHL expires. Hawks have had success drafting guys who have gone undrafted and are over age prospects

Miftakhov is a longterm development prospect who's only real knock is his height (6'0) but he makes up for his lack of height in playing an agile style of play. I would compare him to Bobrovsky/Quick in how he plays

I would not be against drafting Kochetkov in 2nd and Konovalov in 4th scenario

I would also not be against loading up by drafting all 3 but I suppose people here would not like that

Ilya Konovalov being an overager plus not being very big (only 6') makes me not want to take him.

Amir Miftakhov is also a bit short BUT younger so I will be cool with taking chance with him.

Kochetkov plus Miftakhov would be a solid haul for goalies.

Lukas Parik is interesting to me as well.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
The fact that in 2019 any player can still continue to slip due to size is laughable. This isn't directed at you or anyone for suggesting it. It's directed at the fact that this can actually still be a thing and warrants such a question, because it does.

You would think teams would’ve learned their lesson after DeBrincat put up 41 goals. However, if Pelletier fell to us in the 2nd, I’d be jumping for joy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Thoughts on Matvey Guskov in 2nd round? Flyers fan took him for Hawks in 2nd round of the mock on Flyers board and he does seem to be interesting prospect

Ranked #48 by TSN/McKenzie

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Thoughts on Matvey Guskov in 2nd round? Flyers fan took him for Hawks in 2nd round of the mock on Flyers board and he does seem to be interesting prospect

Ranked #48 by TSN/McKenzie
Haven't seen much I like from him from the London Knight games I have seen. I'd rather get a different London Knight, Connor McMichael if he's still around.

Reactions: LDF

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Unfortunate that we don't have a 3rd though I think Stan could acquire one easily.

If not, I wonder if Ethan Keppen slips and makes his way down to our 4th. Definitely an overlooked player in this draft.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Our draft could look something like this with our current selections:

1st - Bowen Byram
2nd - Yegor Spiridonov
4th - Dmitri Sheshin
4th - Ethan Keppen
5th - Valentin Nussbaumer
6th - Rhett Pitlick
7th - Keighan Gerrie

Grabbing another 2nd or 3rd would be great. Get a player like Rees, Pinto, Beecher, Beckman, or Alexandrov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad