Rest In Peace, The Tikkanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
How the hell are you old bastards playing hockey? I'm 38 years old and I ache pouring a cup of coffee. I tried skateboarding again last week, fell down and only my broken pride made me get back up.
Didn't Jack LaLanne teach you anything? Age is just a number and numbers are just numbers unless we are talking about numbers of venereal diseases

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I stopped when I was in my late 40's mostly because I was getting frustrated at not being able to make plays I used to make with ease five years earlier.

Reflexes slow down, hand to eye coordination diminishes, it sucks.

I hear that. And my refrigerator couldn't keep up making ice for packs. I would have had to buy a stand-alone ice machine to keep going.

Reactions: KINGS17

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I stopped when I was in my late 40's mostly because I was getting frustrated at not being able to make plays I used to make with ease five years earlier.

Reflexes slow down, hand to eye coordination diminishes, it sucks.

I disagree, at least for me. I think if you aren't skating at least twice a week, then yeah, your skills will diminish. But this past year, I've skated more than I have in prop the last five years and I feel great.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I’m 37.

At least with hockey you’re skating which is much easier on the knees than most sports which involve running.

What makes you feel old is when you’re playing against 20 year olds. Eventually you get to that point where you can’t keep up with them anymore.

I'm 40 and my play fell off a cliff about three years ago but I think it's largely because I slowly became less active. I was running half marathons and doing the tough mudder 5 years ago. I used to run at least 3 miles 3 days a week and do strength training twice a week. I gradually became less motivated and I'm flat out sedentary now which needs to change. It's raining today so I'll procrastinate for another day!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm 40 and my play fell off a cliff about three years ago but I think it's largely because I slowly became less active. I was running half marathons and doing the tough mudder 5 years ago. I used to run at least 3 miles 3 days a week and do strength training twice a week. I gradually became less motivated and I'm flat out sedentary now which needs to change. It's raining today so I'll procrastinate for another day!

I bought a power rack for my garage when covid hit and got it in april...but weights weren't available damn near anywhere, so I finally got them in August-ish...still haven't built it :laugh:

My only workouts have been golf and hockey, and walking around at work

Reactions: Club
I bought a power rack for my garage when covid hit and got it in april...but weights weren't available damn near anywhere, so I finally got them in August-ish...still haven't built it :laugh:

My only workouts have been golf and hockey, and walking around at work

I bought power blocks about five years ago and haven't used them since I moved to my current house 4 years ago. Before that I used a pair of 20 lb dumbells, a 35 lb kettle bell and lots of calisthenics for strength training. You really don't need anything to exercise. Guys in jail are in great shape while they eat disgusting preservative and sodium laden food. It's 100% mental and when you get older it's so much easier to say "f*** it".

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I bought power blocks about five years ago and haven't used them since I moved to my current house 4 years ago. Before that I used a pair of 20 lb dumbells, a 35 lb kettle bell and lots of calisthenics for strength training. You really don't need anything to exercise. Guys in jail are in great shape while they eat disgusting preservative and sodium laden food. It's 100% mental and when you get older it's so much easier to say "f*** it".
wish more people knew about kettlebells. obviously there's limitations but with a small set of kettlebells and some training you can get work done on par with a gym full of equipment. my sister did competitive kettlebell stuff and she got me doing some complementary work to help with my powerlifting routines and they're just so damn good at filling the holes left by typical gym work

jack lalanne was brought up earlier but he was the walking example of exactly that, making it work with what you got

wish more people knew about kettlebells. obviously there's limitations but with a small set of kettlebells and some training you can get work done on par with a gym full of equipment. my sister did competitive kettlebell stuff and she got me doing some complementary work to help with my powerlifting routines and they're just so damn good at filling the holes left by typical gym work

jack lalanne was brought up earlier but he was the walking example of exactly that, making it work with what you got

You can literally use anything. A gallon of water or a big rock.

Also, if you walk and carry your clubs, golf is an excellent workout.

I'll never understand why someone would want to go to a gym. The whole idea is unappealing to me. I don't want anyone watch me struggle to lift a 20 lb dumbell or my shorts soaked with sweat around my ass crack.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I thought I made it pretty clear that I'm lazy and the lack of weights was just an alibi haha

You can literally use anything. A gallon of water or a big rock.

Also, if you walk and carry your clubs, golf is an excellent workout.

I'll never understand why someone would want to go to a gym. The whole idea is unappealing to me. I don't want anyone watch me struggle to lift a 20 lb dumbell or my shorts soaked with sweat around my ass crack.

Fortunately I suck at golf so even with a cart I'm walking 3-5 miles a round

I thought I made it pretty clear that I'm lazy and the lack of weights was just an alibi haha

Fortunately I suck at golf so even with a cart I'm walking 3-5 miles a round

Is this a contest? I guarantee you I can sit on the couch longer than anyone on this board!

I suck at golf too. Golf is just an excuse to drink and drive for 5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad