Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Wow, only 57. I'm pretty sure he was the first player from that team to pass away. (and the only one besides Herb Brooks). Very shocking and sad for his family. His son is the best D in the NHL right now, I'm sure he was proud.

Definitely feel like I'm getting old with this news. That team was forever young in a lot of ways. Still the greatest national sports moment of my life.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wow, only 57. I'm pretty sure he was the first player from that team to pass away. (and the only one besides Herb Brooks). Very shocking and sad for his family. His son is the best D in the NHL right now, I'm sure he was proud.

Definitely feel like I'm getting old with this news. That team was forever young in a lot of ways. Still the greatest national sports moment of my life.

Very well said. I feel the same way,

Rest in Peace!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Yikes...so young. :(

I can relate to your post.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
My HS team went to Madison for a MN/WI invitational. We ended up playing one of the games at the arena Mr. Suter owned and he met with us after that game. I know he's best remembered as being a member of the 1980 team and for also being the father of Ryan, but he was a huge, HUGE name in the Wisconsin youth hockey world.

From old friend Phil Kessel, Madison native;

@PKessel81: Today is a very sad day. I lost a great coach friend and mentor.He made into the player and person I am today and I will forever be grateful

@PKessel81: My thoughts and prayers go out to the Suter family today. I will miss you forever Bob Suter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad