Respect

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I am new to posting on these boards. So hello everyone!

I have been a Leafs fan forever. I love the game of hockey, and i show respect to all teams. My beef is with hockey writers & bloggers. The amount of disrespect spewed towards the Leafs organization is insane! barely anybody has anything positive to write about our team, prospects, and systems in place from the AHL to NHL. I know every team makes mistakes, nobody is perfect, but the amount of writers and other board members who insult every single move we make is staggering. It seems like every bit of success we have is complete fluke, and we will fail 10000000%

Even the National Post article i just read has us finishing last! oh and of course the Habs are superstars that go from one of the worst teams to second place.....but they are for real of course, but we are not, and have no right to be talked about in a postitive manner.

I think fans, writers, bloggers etc. just go to far in insulting every single thing we do.

Other then that GO LEAFS GO!

BayStreetBullies*

This is nothing new. Media outlets are rarely held accountable for their shoddy journalism and obscure opinions. The best you can do is ignore them.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
You are correct....it just goes so far that i wonder if these people even watch hockey! and i wont even get started on using certain stats

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Welcome to the boards, man! Hope to see you posting more often.

As for the negativity - it sells. Big time.

There's not a Steve Simmonds article saying something foolish about the Leafs, that isn't posted on here, stickied, and commented on many hundreds of times.

The same can be said of Cox, and some of the other more mainstream guys.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that 90% of us, in their profession, would probably spew negativity about this team as well. Not because we necessarily believe it, but because we know it's going to draw attention & reaction, and that's what keeps them in their jobs.

If no one read a Simmonds or a Cox article, they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. But negativity sells in this town, because many fans ignorantly get worked up by it, and many other fans choose to believe the negativity, while those of us with common sense do what the majority of the others should do - just ignore most sport media surrounding this team.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

I have been a Leafs fan forever. I love the game of hockey, and i show respect to all teams. My beef is with hockey writers & bloggers. The amount of disrespect spewed towards the Leafs organization is insane! barely anybody has anything positive to write about our team, prospects, and systems in place from the AHL to NHL. I know every team makes mistakes, nobody is perfect, but the amount of writers and other board members who insult every single move we make is staggering. It seems like every bit of success we have is complete fluke, and we will fail 10000000%

Even the National Post article i just read has us finishing last! oh and of course the Habs are superstars that go from one of the worst teams to second place.....but they are for real of course, but we are not, and have no right to be talked about in a postitive manner.

I think fans, writers, bloggers etc. just go to far in insulting every single thing we do.

Learn to thrive on the notoriety. It's us vs the world, I wouldn't have it any other way.:laugh:

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Thanks man!

Other then getting used to maneuvering the boards i hope to get much better at posting.

You are correct though. Cox & company do such a horrid job at reporting anything resembling an educated hockey opinion that it makes me sick. It is true though, negitive sells big time in this city.

Things like the Grabo buyout i don't agree with, but people forget to write that the guy was never going to play for Randy, not in the way he needed to play to succeed. They sure love to write about the hat trick last night though, and how management has zero idea on how to run the team.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Welcome aboard! First step- don't read newspaper articles
Thanks BleedsToronto!

Yeah i am starting to slowly realize that. I personally believe Nonis & Co. have made some great grit & skill moves!

I for one am very positive about the season....would have wished Grabo could have found a place in the lineup though

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Welcome to the boards, man! Hope to see you posting more often.

As for the negativity - it sells. Big time.

There's not a Steve Simmonds article saying something foolish about the Leafs, that isn't posted on here, stickied, and commented on many hundreds of times.

The same can be said of Cox, and some of the other more mainstream guys.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that 90% of us, in their profession, would probably spew negativity about this team as well. Not because we necessarily believe it, but because we know it's going to draw attention & reaction, and that's what keeps them in their jobs.

If no one read a Simmonds or a Cox article, they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. But negativity sells in this town, because many fans ignorantly get worked up by it, and many other fans choose to believe the negativity, while those of us with common sense do what the majority of the others should do - just ignore most sport media surrounding this team.

Why do people continually Steve Simmons' name "Simmonds"?

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Why do people continually Steve Simmons' name "Simmonds"?
I would like to legally change his name to ***hole but thats just me. He is just brutal! I am pretty sick of Healy as well. That guy needs to stop talking some games.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I tend to avoid local media for this reason. Negativity sells and they know it.

And in fairness, the Habs have spent more time over the last five seasons in the top half of the East than in the basement. They aren't a bad team.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I tend to avoid local media for this reason. Negativity sells and they know it.

And in fairness, the Habs have spent more time over the last five seasons in the top half of the East than in the basement. They aren't a bad team.
I respect the Habs. I think they have a good system. I don't think they are a powerhouse, but i respect the speed & skill they bring to the table.

That being said i think we are just as good in my opinion. More game breakers in all honesty

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Can't remember the last time I've read an article written about the Leafs.

I get most of my news from twitter. Don't care for opinions - give me the concise facts in 140 characters or less.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Can't remember the last time I've read an article written about the Leafs.

I get most of news from twitter. Don't care for opinions - give me the concise facts in 140 characters or less.
I think i am going to practice that as well

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I hate the usual idiots but Ray Ferraro is a numb nut, tonight was a prime example when he said Beriner was playing deep in the net on a shot and then they showed the replay and he was out at the top of the paint. He does this so often....he seriously should not be allow to comment on games.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I believe virtually everything I read or see on TV, and I think that makes me even MORE of a selective sports fan & person in general.

Welcome.

hockeyfanz*

Respect is earned. That is all I have to say. Perhaps the Leafs have been so bad for so long that nobody believes that they are anything else. Don't read the crap. I have read many a positive articles regarding the Leafs and the direction they are heading...Anyway..opinions are just that...and shouldn't be taken so seriously. If you know Simmons/Cox do not like the Leafs....why do you read their articles?

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Welcome aboard! First step- don't read newspaper articles

Second step: Ignore all HF threads pertaining to said newspaper articles. Took me awhile to figure this one out but the headaches (and pointless arguments) doing so saves are well worth it!;)

Penalty Kill Icing*

Welcome Aboard the boards! :thumbu:

Just develop a thicker skin if you want to visit main boards.

Regarding anti-Leafs media articles: Once we start being consistently good, it will be go away. People hate CBC crew for being anti-Leaf, but fail to understand that we have sucked until last year. Even Healy had good things to say for Reimer on Tuesday. Praises will come with success. I am not here to defend media, but the reason why media rides team like Boston is because they are good.

GO LEAFS GO!

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
This is nothing new. Media outlets are rarely held accountable for their shoddy journalism and obscure opinions. The best you can do is ignore them.

many players coming to TO are warned about the media, instead of the fans.

it's always funny when star writers or others write that, 'leaf fans are..', when they probably haven't talked to any outside of their family. they pretend to represent then also trash us. it's generally better to ignore most of them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
First rule of being a Leafs fan. Don't read the newspapers ever.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Welcome, buddy!

If you want a good laugh, check out any Leafs related thread on the main board. You'd think there was a rabies outbreak from all the mouth frothing and Leafs hate. Funny ****, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad