Resident Evil 4 Remake

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This game came out last week and I was curious if anyone is playing it and what their thoughts are.

I'm a big fan of the RE franchise but I never liked 4 (or 5 and 6 either) despite all the fanfare about it. I've actually never completed the original 4 because I played it just a few years ago for the first time and it was clunky/uninteresting from a gameplay perspective. The shift to more of an action style really hurt the game for me.

I picked up the remake wondering if the game would be better with some updated controls and visuals and I'm enjoying it more than I did the original, it's still pretty boring to me. Having to break open barrels and boxes is just repetitive and boring. There's a lack of suspense or mystery that is in the games (0-3 and 7-8) so I'm just mindlessly running through the game shooting heads off.

Anyway, what does anyone else think?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
13 hours in and on the island right before the regenerators looking forward to start up again on Monday once the work week ends.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
I've been having a good time early on, I can appreciate all the fanfare that went into the original becoming a classic, but myself I could never get onboard with the clunky tank controls even on the 360 version, now the modernized gameplay has made it playable for me
Not many games can make me laugh and smile at the death sequences, but they've been a treat to watch, whether you get a random axe throw, and old maid sucker punches you from behind, and my fav so far with a sliver of health getting my leg caught in a bear trap, then having the flaming cow run me over... good times

• Haha
Reactions: PK Cronin

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
13 hours in and on the island right before the regenerators looking forward to start up again on Monday once the work week ends.
Maybe I'm being picky but I wish they made every regenerator look slightly different. I remember walking into the freezer room in the original and there were like 7 that looks quite a bit different. Would love to do a female regenerator cosplay for Halloween or something.

The game was 10/10 though; finished it just the other day.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Didnt try it but im glad to see Ashley is less a pain in the ass with his voice...

Like the sneaking aspect it will make more possibility for me eventually hehe

The only thing for now that kind of piss me off is they remove one boss, literally the one who had me on alert the whole time

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Has anyone played the new RE4R Seperate Ways DLC that just dropped? About to spend the 9.99 to buy it. I've heard it's awesome though and a huge improvement over the original.... Sucks you gotta buy it but I figured this wasn't going to be free unlike the OG..

I adored the main game and hope this gives the same feeling.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I think this is my game of the year so far. I bought the DLC yesterday and am excited to play it, apparently it's as long as RE3 Remake was lol

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I think this is my game of the year so far. I bought the DLC yesterday and am excited to play it, apparently it's as long as RE3 Remake was lol
loved the original RE4 and absolutely loved the remake, can't wait to try the new DLC.

But it's got no chance at GOTY. Not with Zelda out there. I finished both games and loved both games, but Zelda is on a different tier from RE4 and quite frankly every game ever made.

Also I'm hearing Balders Gate 3 will be the closest challenge to Zelda.

As great as RE4R is, in a packed year like 2023 RE4R even getting a nomination should be taken as a victory in a normal year.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
loved the original RE4 and absolutely loved the remake, can't wait to try the new DLC.

But it's got no chance at GOTY. Not with Zelda out there. I finished both games and loved both games, but Zelda is on a different tier from RE4 and quite frankly every game ever made.

As great as RE4R is, in a packed year like 2023 RE4R even getting a nomination should be taken as a victory in a normal year.
It’s a pretty strong year for GOTY. I’d say the finalists would probably include:

Zelda: TOTK
Spider-Man 2
Baldur’s Gate 3
Diablo 4
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Starfield
Final Fantasy XVI
Street Fighter 6
Dead Space Remake

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Well I don't like Zelda and have yet to play BG3 so right now it's between this game, Starfield and System Shock for my game of the year. Tough decision but RE4 is the only one I've replayed (beaten it 3 times) so I'd say it's my GOTY for now.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Well I don't like Zelda and have yet to play BG3 so right now it's between this game, Starfield and System Shock for my game of the year. Tough decision but RE4 is the only one I've replayed (beaten it 3 times) so I'd say it's my GOTY for now.
Fair enough.

Is Starfield really GOTY material? I'm hearing nothing but middling things about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad