Resident Evil 3 Remake - April 3rd, 2020 - PS4, Xbox One & PC

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

I am assuming they are doing the same thing they did with RE2 remake and going over the shoulder, but I do wish they went back to fixed camera angles like they did with RE remake.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Here I am wishing they'd make another first person Resident Evil. I'm not really a huge fan of the RE franchise but I absolutely loved RE7, definitely the best of the series and it's not even close for me.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I am assuming they are doing the same thing they did with RE2 remake and going over the shoulder, but I do wish they went back to fixed camera angles like they did with RE remake.

I'm really excited for this. RE2 was the best game I've played this year for sure and I love what they did. The over the shoulder really made this one a lot of fun and I was hoping that they'd actually go back and re-make RE1 in the same manner but assumed they wouldn't because of how recently they re-made that one already. If they do Code Veronica I'll be really happy too. RE3 is one I didn't play back in the day when it originally came out so I'm excited to give this one a go.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I legit can't wait for this as I loved the RE2 remake.

RE3 Remake comes with the Resistance MP game as well. RE3 Remake is made internally while the Resistance game is an external dev.

EDIT2: Thanks for fixing the title!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm interested: REmake 2 was very, very good.

I hope this one is more different from the original however, the original RE3 was all about replaying the game and I'm not into that at all anymore.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
RE2 remake definitely had stuff like that too, but honestly, I'm excited. Apparently you may face off against human enemies as well? Not 100% sure though.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
RE2 was the best game in a really long time for me so I'm looking forward. Glad it's not a terribly long wait either.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
What they have done since RE7 has been amazing, so I am looking forward to this.

Damn shame RE6 was such a pile of crap. This franchise has been generally pretty great.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
What they have done since RE7 has been amazing, so I am looking forward to this.

Damn shame RE6 was such a pile of crap. This franchise has been generally pretty great.

It was because Capcom decided to make different devs, even ones outside the company, make each campaign. It was just all stupid.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well the game is about 8 to 10 hours and cut a bunch of content from the original (while making certain sections longer and more intricate).

I ain't paying nearly $100 (Canadian) for such a short a game, not when Doom Eternal just came out and is still rocking my world.

A shame.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Well the game is about 8 to 10 hours and cut a bunch of content from the original (while making certain sections longer and more intricate).

I ain't paying nearly $100 (Canadian) for such a short a game, not when Doom Eternal just came out and is still rocking my world.

A shame.
I paid $62.39 CAD to pre order on GreenManGaming.

Either way I'm hyped for this, it's my most anticipated game of the year aside from Cyberpunk. I'm currently playing through RE2 Remake again to get all the achievements while I wait for this release.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Is the one that ended with you using a giant, room-sized rail gun to hill the final boss?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Playing through this right now for the first time and it's pretty enjoyable. I've seen some headlines that people weren't pleased with it and that it was short but I haven't had a problem so far. I'm a few hours in. It's not quite as good as RE2 for me but that's because of the pacing. There are more zombies and a less creepy feeling. It's still quite good and there's a lot of variety in the situations and enemies you face. I'd guess I'm just about done.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I enjoyed it but I wish it was longer. Also f*** spiders.

I initially thought there was going to be another play through when I posted originally in here about it. After finishing it and realizing that I was mistaken, it's definitely too short, especially when compared to the RE2 remake. I'm less inclined to replay it now since I know I could go through it much quicker and there won't be anything changed at all.

The second to last boss is what killed me the most. I'd get to the same part over and over again and get wrecked by a silly mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad