Rerank your prospects...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
If you check out the Bruins page... 2/3 of the top 20 prospects are 7B's... to top it off, almost all of the notables are 5B's and 6B's...

Those grades might be a bit high...

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
TML said:
Balej 7th? I thought he was a sure-fire NHLer... a possible 1st line winger...

He probably wont be a first liner, I highly doubt that. He'll settle in as a 2nd line RW. Probably consistant between 25-30 goals a year, I (others intelligent fans I've spoken with agree) think he tops out right at 30 goals. Thats great, I'd be happy if thats what he turns out to be.

7th is no sloutch on the Ranger prospect rankings either. Theres no reason he should be higher. You could say hes more likely (hes a definite) to make it to the NHL. But everyone else above him will make it to the NHL. Even if they don't reach their potential they could still be useful. Maybe except for Immonen, he doesn't seem like he could play a 3rd/4th line role. But he leads the finish league in scoring and will probably jump right onto the 2nd line center position next season.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
nomorekids said:
Montreal and Edmonton's are especially bad, as well.

I thought the numbers were supposed to reflect potential, and the grade is the likeliness of reaching that potential???

If that's the case, I am not sure how Edmonton's prospect gradings are bad :dunno:

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
King'sPawn said:
L.A. Kings

1. Dustin Brown
2. Tim Gleason
3. Denis Grebeshkov
4. Michael Cammalleri
5. Konstantin Pushkarev
6. Jeff Tambellini
7. Lauri Tukonen
8. Marty Guerin
9. Noah Clarke
10. Richard Petiot
11. Yannick Lehoux
12. Paul Baier
13. Greg Hogeboom
14. Petr Kanko
15. Brady Murray
16. Adam Hauser
17. Matt Zaba
18. Connor James
19. Scott Parse
20. Ryan Munce

i'm surprised you have Munce that low on the list...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Well here's Minnesota:

1/ Patrick O'Sullivan (+1)
2/ Josh Harding (+3)
3/ Brent Burns (+1)
4/ Mikko Koivu (-3)
5/ AJ Thelen (-2)
6/ Roman Voloshenko (+1)
7/ Matt Foy (+2)
8/ Rickard Wallin (-2)
9/ Danny Irmen (+3)
10/ Kyle Wanvig (+1)

11/ Stephane Veilleux (-1)
12/ Marc Cavosie (+6)
13/ Zbynek Michalek (+2)
14/ Clayton Stoner (+6)
15/ Adam Courchaine (-7)
16/ Eric Reitz (+3)
17/ Julien Sprunger (-1)
18/ Peter Olvecky (-1)
19/ Jean-Michel Rizk
20/ Anton Khudobin

Out: JM Bolduc, Chris Heid

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
As much potential as I think Schremp has I don't think his ceiling is....

possesses the potential for greatness, a likely Hall of Fame candidate once his playing days are over. Think Mark Messier, Guy Lafleur, Niklas Lidstrom, Denis Potvin, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur - definite Hall of Fame players that displayed great talent early on.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
dawgbone said:
I thought the numbers were supposed to reflect potential, and the grade is the likeliness of reaching that potential???

If that's the case, I am not sure how Edmonton's prospect gradings are bad :dunno:

I'm not saying it's "bad," but as Stoney says...when Schremp has the same potential as Ovechkin...the barometer is off. It's too hard to do this with different writers with different ideas. I would have liked to have at least seen teams swapped whenever possible, as I think too much bias entered the equation.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
NYRangers said:
As much potential as I think Schremp has I don't think his ceiling is....

possesses the potential for greatness, a likely Hall of Fame candidate once his playing days are over. Think Mark Messier, Guy Lafleur, Niklas Lidstrom, Denis Potvin, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur - definite Hall of Fame players that displayed great talent early on.

That's my point. I think 8 is a much better number for Schremp.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Very true, he came out of the same crop that saw Toivonen, Lehtonen, Harding, Stephens, Ward, and I believe one or two other solid goaltenders.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Schremp? JDD?

JDD has a similar ranking to Harding, Lenevue, Ward, etc... not sure how that is over-rated. JDD's potential is a #1 goalie (a very good one), and the he has a decent likelyhood of acheiving that, however, he may also only be a journey man type goaltender, or a mid-range goaltender.

His 8.5B represents the fact that he's projected to be between a starting goaltender, and a very good starting goaltender.

Schremp is a 9C. Anyone who has seen Schremp on the ice has raved about his offensive talent. He was right up there with Ovechkin and Malkin (albeit behind them) in terms of pure offensive talent. His potential is to be an excellent offensive player. He has his drawbacks though and it's reflected in his C grade... Which targets his potential between a 7 (2nd line centreman) and a 9 (superstar).

I don't think these are out of whack at all.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
dawgbone said:
JDD has a similar ranking to Harding, Lenevue, Ward, etc... not sure how that is over-rated. JDD's potential is a #1 goalie (a very good one), and the he has a decent likelyhood of acheiving that, however, he may also only be a journey man type goaltender, or a mid-range goaltender.

His 8.5B represents the fact that he's projected to be between a starting goaltender, and a very good starting goaltender.

Schremp is a 9C. Anyone who has seen Schremp on the ice has raved about his offensive talent. He was right up there with Ovechkin and Malkin (albeit behind them) in terms of pure offensive talent. His potential is to be an excellent offensive player. He has his drawbacks though and it's reflected in his C grade... Which targets his potential between a 7 (2nd line centreman) and a 9 (superstar).

I don't think these are out of whack at all.

9 is not a superstar, its a Hall of Famer. Do you honeslty think Schremp can be the next "Think Mark Messier, Guy Lafleur, Niklas Lidstrom, Denis Potvin, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur"?

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
I think Yanick Lehoux would jump up a little higher. The guy has been just plain sick, all damn year in Manchester. Grebeshkov is having a less than breakout year though. Cammelarri is also playing very well. Pushkarev is quietly adjusting to the North American style very well. I had no idea he was as scrappy as he is. The guy I am the most impressed with is Dustin Brown. Once this kid gets the confidence, experience, and mean streak in him I think that LA may have a more skilled Adam Deadmarsh on their hands. What LA really needs in there system is a legitiment #1 center and a purely offensive physical defenseman. Basically we need Crosby and a Rob Blake clone; good luck huh. Overall depth of system needs to be shaken up. Lots of talented wingers, no elite prospects in the Defenseman and Goaltending area. The bottom 3/4 of the line up is set for years to come.

Sorry this is more of a total evaluation of the Kings needs and current staus.

se7en*

NYRangers said:
9 is not a superstar, its a Hall of Famer. Do you honeslty think Schremp can be the next "Think Mark Messier, Guy Lafleur, Niklas Lidstrom, Denis Potvin, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur"?

Why can't he? He likely will not turn out like that, but why automatially discredit the possibility?

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
nomorekids said:
Maybe, but comparatively..that puts him ahead of other goals with, IMO, a higher upside. I think JDD is a good prospect..but I don't see "star goalie" in him.

I dunno... he was the best goalie in the Q last year, and took a rather poor team not only into the playoffs, but to the league semi-finals, loosing out to the team that finished 2nd in the Memorial cup.

I'll concede he's probably an 8, not an 8.5, but really now we are just grasping at straws, and it's hardly a good example of the Oilers grades being out of whack.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
JDD-8.5B
Josh Harding 7.5B
Hannu Toivonen 8A
David Leveanu- 8B
Cam Ward- 8B
Tobias Stephens- 6.5
Kari Lehtonen- 9A
Maxime Daigneault- 6.5A

I think that JDD's ranking is slightly off compared to all these other goaltenders picked in the 1st and 2nd round. Most of them actually feel good, they are good rankings except for JDD, who is slightly off.

Schremp should be around a 7.5-8...9-10 are reserved for Malkin, Ovechkin, Lehtonen, Crosby, guys that are franchise players.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hootchie Cootchie said:
Why can't he? He likely will not turn out like that, but why automatially discredit the possibility?

Why can't guys like Kostitsyn? O'Sullivan? Radulov? Zherdev be considered Hall of Famers?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
DoobieDoobieDo said:
JDD-8.5B
Josh Harding 7.5B
Hannu Toivonen 8A
David Leveanu- 8B
Cam Ward- 8B
Tobias Stephens- 6.5
Kari Lehtonen- 9A
Maxime Daigneault- 6.5A

I think that JDD's ranking is slightly off compared to all these other goaltenders picked in the 1st and 2nd round. Most of them actually feel good, they are good rankings except for JDD, who is slightly off.

Schremp should be around a 7.5-8...9-10 are reserved for Malkin, Ovechkin, Lehtonen, Crosby, guys that are franchise players.

That's my point. If i were to rank that list...it would be...

Lehtonen
Toivonen
Leneuvue(sp)
Ward
JDD
Harding
Stephens
Daigneault

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hootchie Cootchie said:
Because I am sure you've seen him play enough to base this on, right?

And how many other goaltenders have you seen play?

Hell, JDD isn't even the starting goaltender for his minor league team yet...and his numbers (while I'll condede that his team might not be great in front of him and that he might have had some hard shots to block, screening and such) leave a lot to be desireable...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
nomorekids said:
That's my point. If i were to rank that list...it would be...

Lehtonen
Toivonen
Leneuvue(sp)
Ward
JDD
Harding
Stephens
Daigneault

Ouch...Harding is the starting goaltender in Houston and doing damn good to boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->