OT: request for info on 2nd day of draft televised

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Request this be kept up for a week [next Sun] then ok to del.

We know the 1st day of the draft is Fri nite on NBCSN, but it only covers round 1.

I am not aware of any televised coverage in NYC for next day Sat, rounds 2 -.

Guess it might be on the web, but that's a fallback position.

Anyone know of any coverage?
Anyone know any pub, etc, which will televise the draft?

Thanks in advance.

b

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Guess I'm out of luck for day 2. My new FiOS plan includes the MLB network and NFL network, but sadly not NHLN.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Request this be kept up for a week [next Sun] then ok to del.

We know the 1st day of the draft is Fri nite on NBCSN, but it only covers round 1.

I am not aware of any televised coverage in NYC for next day Sat, rounds 2 -.

Guess it might be on the web, but that's a fallback position.

Anyone know of any coverage?
Anyone know any pub, etc, which will televise the draft?

Thanks in advance.

b

NHL Network. Perhaps Flying Puck or one of those kinda places will televise it?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTakedown

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Sling carries NHLN. They have a 7 day free trial.

Good to know. When my 2 year contract comes up next summer I will consider dropping cable. The problem is even being a "cord cutter" you still need internet, and that's not much of a discount off the double/triple play packages these days. I am curious about the new internet TV package that includes MSG HD. That's the one thing holding me back from going IPTV only.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Good to know. When my 2 year contract comes up next summer I will consider dropping cable. The problem is even being a "cord cutter" you still need internet, and that's not much of a discount off the double/triple play packages these days. I am curious about the new internet TV package that includes MSG HD. That's the one thing holding me back from going IPTV only.

Yeah I think that's Fubo TV and curenrly The only one offering it

They're the one with the dumb "have MSG" "no, no msg here" commercial in the Chinese restaurant

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah I think that's Fubo TV and curenrly The only one offering it

They're the one with the dumb "have MSG" "no, no msg here" commercial in the Chinese restaurant

Yup, that's the one. I'd like to try it out. Thing is I rarely watch NYR games live. I DVR them and start watching an hour (or more) later so I can zip through the TV timeouts and such. Not sure if Fubo offers that functionality.

EDIT: Looks like they offer a DVR function:

CLOUD DVR

Can’t watch the game live? Record it with a tap. fuboTV includes 30 hours of Cloud DVR space. Want more? Upgrade to 500 hours.

72-HOUR LOOKBACK

Forgot to hit record? You can replay nearly any game, show or movie that aired in the last 3 days.

Only issue I see is they charge $45/month. If I add that to my internet bill I'm well over $100. I'm only paying another $40 now. Anyway, I might try it out to see how it works.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

thanks and fyi
Spectrum [certain in Manhattan, may apply elsewhere] is currently required to give decent wifi for $15/month. More I think if you rent a cable modem w/router from them but you defeat that with a 1x investment of $150-200 at B&H. Get something w/great throughput, that is key.

Then Amazon's firestick is 1x $40ish.
They do not charge further but collect on behalf of packages you accept.
Finally Sony's Playstation has package for $45 w/not EVERYTHING but nearly, lots of good stuff including Turner Classic Movies. If ya want HBO, Showtime, reasonable +s.

But the problem is no MSG.
We need to press NHL offices to demand an end to restrictions, what they are doing by not allowing [apparently] Dolan to sell MSG as a streaming app is arguably what appears to be restraint of trade, anti-competition, anti-consumer, and I don't see how that can be legal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sign up for a free 7-day Sling trial. Download official Sling app on a Firestick/Roku stick/AppleTV which plugs into your TV. Watch the NHL draft as if you were doing so over Cable TV for free. Cancel before 7 days. There ya go...

PS: Forgot: Make bad and ludicrous trade prosposals on Trade Board involving the newly drafted players you saw drafted live ;)

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.
That said, we are hearing they are talking about 2OA w/Canes and I have been mentioning that for over a month now.

However, the newbies are too fresh to be considered at this point, methinks.
Catch and release, throw back for later. lol

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
reddit.com/r/nhlstreams bro

Like as a last ditch thing they’ll always have the draft or a game on some kind of sketchy hockey-news-ads.tr kind of site

(reddit besides this kind of stuff is not actually good)

Reactions: TheRedressor

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Sign up for a free 7-day Sling trial. Download official Sling app on a Firestick/Roku stick/AppleTV which plugs into your TV. Watch the NHL draft as if you were doing so over Cable TV for free. Cancel before 7 days. There ya go...

PS: Forgot: Make bad and ludicrous trade prosposals on Trade Board involving the newly drafted players you saw drafted live ;)

Remember, skill fades away, but draft position lasts forever!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I pay $39.99/mo for Optimum 100 and then $35.00/mo for DirecTV now with MSG HD. It's cheaper than going the full TV box route since I'm not paying for the boxes and all.

Every so often I threaten to cancel and they reduce my $50/mo DirecTV package to $35/mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad