Request: Blackhawks-Wings Series Review

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Hey folks. I've spent the last 6 weeks or so in South America, way out of touch with the Wings and the hockey world in general. I saw ZERO of the Wings-Blackhawks series and am totally out of the loop. Can anyone give me a level-headed, unbiased review of the series and any other important Wings new that didn't get much mainstream coverage?

In particular, I'd like to know who surprised you most in the Hawks-Wings series, for good or bad.

Much thanks to those who reply!

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Hey folks. I've spent the last 6 weeks or so in South America, way out of touch with the Wings and the hockey world in general. I saw ZERO of the Wings-Blackhawks series and am totally out of the loop. Can anyone give me a level-headed, unbiased review of the series and any other important Wings new that didn't get much mainstream coverage?

In particular, I'd like to know who surprised you most in the Hawks-Wings series, for good or bad.

Q splits Seabrook and Keith, DET wins games 2, 3, 4. Q puts em back together, CHI wins games 5, 6, 7. Toews finally found the net in game 5 and the momentum shifted. In fact, when he scored I turned to my buddy and said "we just lost the series"

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Zetterberg is taped to Toews so that he cries, *****es, moans, whines and finally explodes with his 3-in-a-row penalty frenzy. Then game 5 onwards Q makes sure Toews isn't on the ice when Z is.

Another thing that changed is that the Hawks didn't really start getting in Howard's face until game 5 IIRC.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack

Down old south america way?

Nyquist was realgud.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Zetterberg is taped to Toews so that he cries, *****es, moans, whines and finally explodes with his 3-in-a-row penalty frenzy. Then game 5 onwards Q makes sure Toews isn't on the ice when Z is.

Another thing that changed is that the Hawks didn't really start getting in Howard's face until game 5 IIRC.

For some reason, in game 6 Babcock didn't put Z on Toews despite home ice. Don't know what was going on there and it was never addressed in any PC or commented on that I know of.

Definitely affected the outcome of the game and the series.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
That Handzus goal in game 6 was the real killer. After Crawford let in that fluke softy at the end of the 2nd, Detroit was a period away from moving on, playing at home with all the momentum and what could have been a 'fall-apart' goal for Crawford.

They come back from intermission and Handzus pots one in the first minute of the 3rd and it all goes downhill.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Chicago's speed wore the Wings out. Same thing that happened in the Bruins series, it was their speed that eventually caused teams to fold, especially the Wings defense.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know we were going for level headed, somewhere around here we answered what we did well for B's fans.

But this pretty much sums up how I still feel about this series a month later.

kickballs7ta6do.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad