NFL: Reports: Kaepernick filing grievance against owners for collusion

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

And, no, it doesn't make sense. Quit trying to dumb it down. Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly all said he's an NFL qb, so have his previous oc' s . They can't hire him because they aren't coaches anymore. Their opinions mean A LOT more than the one's of nameless cowards.

Kind of says something there.

as for Kaep. he is a great athletic talent. but you have to build a scheme around him which is an issue if he is only a backup.

I trust the QB Tier Rankings that come out every year. They are 50 voters. Nine general managers, six pro personnel directors, five other executives, five head coaches, seven offensive coordinators, six defensive coordinators, five defensive assistants, three analytics directors, two quarterbacks coaches and two national scouts.

Skill set is a factor
Many voters said they see Kaepernick as a Tier 3 player in a system designed for him, and a Tier 4-5 player outside that framework. They also said teams won't tailor their offenses for Kaepernick if he is only a backup.
"I like the arm strength and I like the athleticism, but the worst thing that happened with him was when people tried to make him a pocket passer," a personnel director said. "He is much better when he can waggle or boot and do some of those things

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
If a coach can't open the playbook to Kap and work around his skills and still can't win then TD/INT ratios mean nothing.3rd down conversions Win/Loss ,completion% are really more important than TD/INT ratio especially Win/Loss Its not fantasy football. Jay Cuttler has a job ,that should tell you what sort of skills Kap has.
Dude is done and a cancer.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Kap was the first to do it. Pretty simple to see why he's being held accountable while others aren't. They can't cut everyone.

And, no, it doesn't make sense. Quit trying to dumb it down. Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly all said he's an NFL qb, so have his previous oc' s . They can't hire him because they aren't coaches anymore. Their opinions mean A LOT more than the one's of nameless cowards.

Who cares if he did it first?

You really think there are coaches and GM's (many who are black) are going to actively make their teams worse because he was the first one to kneel? The defies so much logic, so much history and basically everything we have seen with the NFL in tis history.

You what says a lot more than 3 coaches no longer in the NFL saying he was ok? 32 NFL teams, coaches, OCs, GM's saying he isn't good enough and that is exactly what they are doing by not signing' saying he si not a good enough football player. That is very simple to see.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He isn't suing the gm's and coaches, he's suing the owners. If it were just up to gm's and coaches, he'd be on a team right now...

Sep 19, 2008
He isn't suing the gm's and coaches, he's suing the owners. If it were just up to gm's and coaches, he'd be on a team right now...

Are you sure about that? Is that why he left the Niners before he could be cut?

If he was so good why didn't the Niners retain his services?

Reactions: Voight

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

LOL

You really believe that coaches like Belichek, Carroll, Tomlin want him but the owner says no and they A. take that and b. don't say a word about it?

You think that Ozzie Newsome says "no problem" to his owner when he says don't sign that black guy?

For what? What is the benefit to anyone to no only refuse to sign him but to go along with it happily and quietly?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
....keep their jobs??

Owners sign the checks and make the ultimate decisions. If coaches and gm's defy them, they end up like Kap.

Are you serious here, or just being obtuse on purpose?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You think Bill Belichek, Mike Tomlin, Pete Carrol or Ozzie Newsome are all going to go along with racism to keep their jobs?

You think any of them need the money so bad or have such low morals that they would stay silent rather than speak out?

And why would they have to be worried if any of those guys spoke out they wouldn't be out of jobs as the NFL would be absolutely screwed if they fired them.

And again I have yet to hear a reason why 32 owners all want to balck ball Kaepernick. Are you really claiming that all 32 owners are so racist that they are willing to risk their whole league and billions of dollars to keep Kaepernick out?

And only Kaepernick. They are so angry at him and him alone that they will risk billions to keep him out but do nothing against the numerous players that are speaking out as much and kneeling as well?

That really makes more sense to you than a guy who benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert not being good enough for head coaches to want him.

The leaps that people have to make to try and justify this not being about football are amazing.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Saying they aren't signing him due to his beliefs and the leaguewide movement he started does not equal calling the league and owners racists

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
No one wants to deal with his bs. If he dumped his gf and focused on football he'd get a shot.

This exactly. But this lawsuit ensured he will never play in the NFL again. Owners aren't going to sign the guy accusing them of collusion.

This is all started because the Titans didn't invite him to workout.... did he not realize that Mariota's injury was minor and they were only going to need a backup for 1 or 2 games while Cassel started? What if they cut him right after without him playing a snap? Was he going to file a lawsuit?

His skillset does not justify the headache and constant media attention. End of story.

Ray Lewis vouches for Bisciotti to sign him.... his girlfriend proceeds to rip on Lewis AND Bisciotti (aka the guy who would be employing Kap)

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Waiting for the "NFL is racists cause the Cards son't sign him as a 3rd stringer" line.
meh, they're just hypocrites
if Kaep was an all-pro ala Brady or Rodgers his owner would be supporting him w/ his kneeling

totally agree with the above point that if it were up to the coaches and GMs he'd have a job also

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
if Kaep was an all-pro ala Brady or Rodgers his owner would be supporting him w/ his kneeling

totally agree with the above point that if it were up to the coaches and GMs he'd have a job also

I agree 100%. But like I have been saying, he isn't good enough to warrant the media circus that will follow him nor for people to brush aside his actions ( Castro shirt, depicting cops as pigs, his girlfriends antics)

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

You honestly believe that there are coaches and GMs that want to sign him but won't because the owners said no?

Who are these weakling GMs and coaches and how did they get to their jobs if they are allowing such a big decision as QB risk their job security because an owner says no?

Why are they all quiet about it? There really is not a single one of them or someone close to them that would have leaked it all this time?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You honestly believe that there are coaches and GMs that want to sign him but won't because the owners said no?

Who are these weakling GMs and coaches and how did they get to their jobs if they are allowing such a big decision as QB risk their job security because an owner says no?

Why are they all quiet about it? There really is not a single one of them or someone close to them that would have leaked it all this time?

You know I can't even tell if your being serious anymore? I mean this has to be a parody. I just can't understand it any other way. No one could misunderstand things this badly in real life.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You know I can't even tell if your being serious anymore? I mean this has to be a parody. I just can't understand it any other way. No one could misunderstand things this badly in real life.

Misunderstand what?

As I have said you think that Ozzie Newsome who earlier this season brought Kaepernick in, worked him out, said "this guy should be on our team" and then cut him because the owner said "you have to cut him because of his stance on kneeling during the anthem"?

Guys like Carroll or Belichek are worried about what if they go against their owner? That they won't get another job?

If Belichek said to Kraft we need Kaepernick you think Kraft is saying no?

Reactions: Voight

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
@Voight, yep, agreed 100%

lol, seriously
first season following the NFL here, Baxterman? Are you my Grandma?

Nope followed for 20+ years now.

I have a hard time that a bunch of coaches and GMs want this guy signed but won't do it because of owners say no because of his kneeling.

I find it very easy to believe that a bunch of coaches and GM's see Kaepernicks talent and decide on their own that it isn't worth it to bring him into their teams.

Again if you truly think that owners, coaches, GM's are fine with bringing in rapists, women beaters, druggies, steroid users, drunk drivers etc. all in the name of winning but are going to draw the line at one guy (not all the guys) but one guy only and say "nope not him, even though he can help us win we aren't going to do it" is insane.

When you throw in the fact that there are real questions about his football ability and it is ridiculous.

One simple question: if this was Russell Wilson that did the exact same thing is he out of football? if the answer is no then how is not about talent?

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Wonder if he will come to the cfl next season if he doesn't gain employment with the nfl. His arm strength and running ability would be interesting to watch on a bigger field.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Didn't he basically shoot down idea of going to CFL this past offseason? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Maybe it was one of the kids coming out of college at QB who didn't get picked

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Didn't he basically shoot down idea of going to CFL this past offseason? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Maybe it was one of the kids coming out of college at QB who didn't get picked

Hamilton had the rights to Kapernick until they decided to go for Johnny Football. Montreal picked up Kap's right and even reached out to him for an offer.

He never responded to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad