NFL: Reports: Kaepernick filing grievance against owners for collusion

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I think most would agree there’s QBs in the league worse than Kaepernick.

I keep seeing the argument that he’s a distraction that isn’t worth it.

1 + 1 would seem to equal collusion to me.

None if that equals collusion. That's called business as usual

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
None if that equals collusion. That's called business as usual

We won’t sign him because of something not related to football. What is that something? The political view you’ve expressed.

I think he’s got a case but it’s interesting. If he has a case, does/did Tim Tebow?

I have no dog in the fight, but I’m curious to see how this goes.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The one before that one, where he threw for 296 yards 3TDs 1 INT and also ran for 113 yards.
Or the one before that where he threw for 206 yards 2TDs and no interceptions.
Or the one before that where he threw for 210 yards 1TD no interceptions and also ran for 55 yards and 1TD
Or the one before that where he threw for 398 yards 2TDs and 1INT.

should I keep going?

If you want to prove that he had good games then yes keep going because what you posted hasn't proven anything.

Reactions: G F O P

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
We won’t sign him because of something not related to football. What is that something? The political view you’ve expressed.

I think he’s got a case but it’s interesting. If he has a case, does/did Tim Tebow?

Except team chemistry and distractions do have to do with football.

If coaches think that Kaepernick as a back-up QB hurts their teams chances to win then that is a football decision.

Also, collusion involves more than just all teams thinking the same way. There has to be proof that they worked together to keep him out.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Except team chemistry and distractions do have to do with football.

If coaches think that Kaepernick as a back-up QB hurts their teams chances to win then that is a football decision.

Also, collusion involves more than just all teams thinking the same way. There has to be proof that they worked together to keep him out.

I’m assuming he’s got something circumstantial that maybe could be used in order to file this.

Could be wrong.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

here is some good football info regarding the type of player Kaep is. a lot of it is scouting stuff from before the kneeling. It all points to having to change your offensive play calling and scheme to accommodate his style, even as a backup. A lot of coaches would not want to do that.

Dec 2014

"Kaepernick never makes the refined play," a defensive assistant coach says. "He throws the ball only one way. He is a huge limitation. It is fun when you can have him run around, but he cannot beat the zero blitz to win the game."

July 2015

"This [past] year, Harbaugh allowed Kaepernick to get exposed a little by trying to have him be the centerpiece of the offense instead of what he does naturally: running," a pro personnel director says. "He had him pressing to throw the ball. It showed his arm strength but also his inaccuracy as a thrower. That is not going to get better."

"They do have a pretty good O-line, and they do run the ball well," a different personnel director says. "They see eight-man fronts. Decision-making and accuracy should be easier for him, and they had a coordinator [Greg Roman] who did a great job creating space in the run game and creating confusion, so teams were simple. When he got behind and had to read defenses, he had his struggles."

The 2017 QB Tiers survey asked 50 coaches and evaluators to place 36 quarterbacks in one of five performance tiers, with Tier 1 signifying the best and Tier 5 the worst. Kaepernick came in 29th with a 3.88 average, placing him ahead of six potential starters. The 2016 QB Tiers poll, conducted before Kaepernick's first anthem protest, had him 28th, with a 3.83 average.

Some in the league question whether Kaepernick is serious about continuing his career in the NFL
These questions arose before Kaepernick first protested during the anthem. An offensive coordinator quoted in the 2016 QB Tiers survey said watching Kaepernick talk about football made him think something was missing and that the QB may have lost the desire to play. This was after reports surfaced that suggested Kaepernick had become increasingly distant.

Skill set is a factor
Many voters said they see Kaepernick as a Tier 3 player in a system designed for him, and a Tier 4-5 player outside that framework. They also said teams won't tailor their offenses for Kaepernick if he is only a backup.
"I like the arm strength and I like the athleticism, but the worst thing that happened with him was when people tried to make him a pocket passer," a personnel director said. "He is much better when he can waggle or boot and do some of those things."

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
If you want to prove that he had good games then yes keep going because what you posted hasn't proven anything.
but we'll keep bringing up that one bad game like it means something?

2016 stats:
52.9% 19TD 14INT 6.9Y/A 75.8Rating 53.1QBR
59.2% 16TD 4INT 6.6Y/A 90.7Rating 55.2QBR

One of these players was the reigning best player in all of the nfl. The other is "done" and "not good enough" to get a tryout as a backup. Yep, makes football sense.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

2016 stats:

One of these players was the reigning best player in all of the nfl. The other is "done" and "not good enough" to get a tryout as a backup. Yep, makes football sense.

remember when david Clarkson had some mediocre seasons, bad seasons and then that really good season.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
remember when david Clarkson had some mediocre seasons, bad seasons and then that really good season.
Which one is supposed to be David Clarkson in this comparison? I honestly don't know

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Which one is supposed to be David Clarkson in this comparison? I honestly don't know

All I am saying is that is yes he had a good season in 2016 but the inconsistency shown in 2014 and 2015 really would limit interest in his skill set. even though he did have a good year statistically in 2016 he led the team to a record of 1-10.

as I posted above he is a special type of qb. Anyone that decides to hire him would have to change their offensive scheme to make his style of play effective. Furthermore he has had a shot with Seattle but it didn't work out. Carrol was quoted saying he is a starting qb, which kind of implicates he did not want to be a backup or receive back up grade pay. His GF blew his opportunity with the Ravens by posting a racist tweet about the owner and I believe ray lewis while they were deciding upon signing him smh.

anyway. I could see him playing on a few teams. he is better than a lot of the backups out there but most of them are being paid 1mill or lower. He is better than a few starters as well but does his style of play fit the type of schemes those teams with weaker qbs are implementing?

as far as "blackballing" goes. Ya I bet there are a few owners out there that wouldn't give him a time of day bc of the media circus he will bring, there are probably a lot more that don't need another qb, there are even more that are trying to implement their youth and build up young qbs.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
People are making a ton of excuses for him not to have a contract.

Chip Kelly ran a basic as f*** offense last year and Kap performed fine. He doesn't need a special offense to perform adequately.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

2016 stats:

I guess that is why scouts go watch games to see what actually happens in the game to explain stats, see how guys reacted and make sure that the stats actually mean something long term rather than just sit in their basements and read stats.

Also that is one season comparing two guys I wonder if the "reigning best player of all time" has a season or two that look pretty damn good.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
People are making a ton of excuses for him not to have a contract.

Chip Kelly ran a basic as **** offense last year and Kap performed fine. He doesn't need a special offense to perform adequately.

People aren't making many (or any) excuses at all.

They are pointing out that Kaepernick is not viewed by many (if not most or all) football talent evaluators to be a good fit in most of the offenses that NFL teams run today or a good fit to be a back-up QB asked to come in and run the plays they already have set-up for a short amount of time.

The leaps people are asking other to take and facts they want us to ignore to explain why Kaepernick is getting black balled because of race is a much bigger stretch.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
People aren't making many (or any) excuses at all.

They are pointing out that Kaepernick is not viewed by many (if not most or all) football talent evaluators to be a good fit in most of the offenses that NFL teams run today or a good fit to be a back-up QB asked to come in and run the plays they already have set-up for a short amount of time.

The leaps people are asking other to take and facts they want us to ignore to explain why Kaepernick is getting black balled because of race is a much bigger stretch.
The opinion's of a few unnamed (what a shock) people is hardly the majority. Many NFL coaches, including all 3 of his past ones and oc' s, have stated he is good enough to play in this league.

Sep 19, 2008
I agree with @Baxterman here people are trying to revise history and claim he was an elite quarterback on a 1 and 2 win team, are you kidding me here with this blasphemy? I mean I'm about to erupt I cannot BELIEVE what I am hearin' right now. You tryna act like Kaepernick was ELITE when he did not do ANYTHING past the SUPER BOWL he was benched REPEATEDLY he regressed HEAVILY he had multiple FIVE INTERCEPTION GAMES I do not KNOW what you are thinking

Plain and simple he is done in this league and many people have said it before even @Clowe Me who openly admits that Kaepernick's play style does not fit many NFL teams. So before you start accusing the NFL of COLLUSION and a conspiracy look at the facts.

The facts are this. He was on awful teams. He did not do anything on those awful teams. He opted out of his contract and tested the market. Everything he has done is of his own doing. He deserves no sympathy from me.

Reactions: Voight
Sep 19, 2008
The one before that one, where he threw for 296 yards 3TDs 1 INT and also ran for 113 yards.
Or the one before that where he threw for 206 yards 2TDs and no interceptions.
Or the one before that where he threw for 210 yards 1TD no interceptions and also ran for 55 yards and 1TD
Or the one before that where he threw for 398 yards 2TDs and 1INT.

should I keep going?

garbage time

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He was going to be released if he didn't opt out.

He was benched once, then had to have multiple off-season surgeries which is a likely cause of his poor play.

No one is calling him elite, they're saying he's good enough to play in the NFL (He is).

Calling his stats garbage time is lazy. He often put up numbers early in the game when it was close then the defenses would recognize the predictable Kelly offense and shut them down late.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The opinion's of a few unnamed (what a shock) people is hardly the majority. Many NFL coaches, including all 3 of his past ones and oc' s, have stated he is good enough to play in this league.

They all thought he was so good that they didn't offer him a job.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
And the league figured Kap out. Hold him in the pocket,stop the run and force him to throw.Its a performance league and if you can perform you WILL have a job. If Kap gave any team a better chance at a win he would be playing.
Prescott will probably be next on the list of QBs who have had the cuffs put on them, lucky for Dac he has some really good recievers.

Sep 19, 2008
which is a likely cause of his poor play.

Even Niners fan here admits he has lost a step and is pretty bad

Your statement doesn't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense. Quit trying to overcomplicate it. If he was any good he would have been signed. He is not signed. People want to make excuses like "He is political" or "He is controversial". That may play a part, I'm not going to deny that, but the MAIN reason he is not signed is because he is not any good. The league literally employs dozens of people who protest and kneel and none of them have lost their job, so any excuse that there is this conspiracy by owners to keep Kaepernick out because he is a political firestorm is kind of ridiculous once you think about it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
And the league figured Kap out. Hold him in the pocket,stop the run and force him to throw.Its a performance league and if you can perform you WILL have a job. If Kap gave any team a better chance at a win he would be playing.
Prescott will probably be next on the list of QBs who have had the cuffs put on them, lucky for Dac he has some really good recievers.
16 td 4 int, qbr above 90 isn't performing?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Even Niners fan here admits he has lost a step and is pretty bad

It makes perfect sense. Quit trying to overcomplicate it. If he was any good he would have been signed. He is not signed. People want to make excuses like "He is political" or "He is controversial". That may play a part, I'm not going to deny that, but the MAIN reason he is not signed is because he is not any good. The league literally employs dozens of people who protest and kneel and none of them have lost their job, so any excuse that there is this conspiracy by owners to keep Kaepernick out because he is a political firestorm is kind of ridiculous once you think about it.
Kap was the first to do it. Pretty simple to see why he's being held accountable while others aren't. They can't cut everyone.

And, no, it doesn't make sense. Quit trying to dumb it down. Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly all said he's an NFL qb, so have his previous oc' s . They can't hire him because they aren't coaches anymore. Their opinions mean A LOT more than the one's of nameless cowards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->