NFL: Reports: Kaepernick filing grievance against owners for collusion

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
There's video of 100% of the encounter?

I could swear that you can see one cop run after him, the cop with the body cam go a different direction, a bunch of inaudible shouting during a take-down.

Where's the evidence that it DIDN'T happen?

Aside from that, the cops admit to screaming obscenities at him during the arrest. Perhaps Bennett got slightly disoriented while being screamed at, taken down, and fearing for his life? We're really gonna go 100% against him base on some semantics?

LOL

Fearing for his life????

If he can't tell the difference between a cop doing his job and telling him to get down and a cop holding a gun against his head and threatening him then I feel bad for the Seahawks and have a lot more respect for his play on the field despite his clear mental deficiencies.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
LOL

Fearing for his life????

If he can't tell the difference between a cop doing his job and telling him to get down and a cop holding a gun against his head and threatening him then I feel bad for the Seahawks and have a lot more respect for his play on the field despite his clear mental deficiencies.
I mean, I guess I don't know his mental state. That was me thinking if guys with guns were screaming at me I might not be thinking quite clearly, but that's me.

But sure, dive into a semantic of a semantic to find a way to blame an innocent black man

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
LOL

Fearing for his life????

You have no evidence at all for your claim. Stop repeating that "cops were just doing their jobs" when we have absolutely no idea what happened due to the fact that the arresting officer (of the innocent man btw) turned off his cam. We have no idea if cop pulled gun or threatened him. It's far too convenient that the only officer with the cam off was the one in question for me though, so clearly they are hiding something. What we do know if completely innocent Bennett was targeted for being big and black and arrested for no reason at all. That alone says that Bennett was telling the truth, what is in question is simply words used. No matter what this on the police, not on Bennett. This is not a made up story, no matter how much you try to spin it.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
There is zero evidence the crap that Bennett said happened, in fact there is evidence that it didn't.

Plus Bennett has a big reason to lie, to promote his "cause" about how mean the big, meanie cops are to black people.

So based on a lack of evidence, evidence indicating it didn't happen and taking into consideration Bennett's (lack of) character it is easy to conclude that he made the whole story up.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
There is zero evidence the crap that Bennett said happened, in fact there is evidence that it didn't.

Plus Bennett has a big reason to lie, to promote his "cause" about how mean the big, meanie cops are to black people.

So based on a lack of evidence, evidence indicating it didn't happen and taking into consideration Bennett's (lack of) character it is easy to conclude that he made the whole story up.
Police have just as much, if not more, reason to lie.

There's video of him (an innocent man) being handcuffed. He did not make that up. That is part of the story (I'd argue that that's 99% of the story) so I don't know what you're talking about

And what "lack of character" are you referring to? Exercising his 1st amendment right of free speech? Yup, you're not biased at all. You are literally saying that you are coming to a conclusion based on completely outside factors, but are arguing that biases don't exist. It's mindboggling

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
How do you determine they're clearly guilty?

Kaepernick was coming a 16td, 4int season. Much lesser QB's get contracts all the time, it's hard to believe that no one would sign this guy. He is clearly a top 35 QB in the world at very least, many would argue top 20 or top 25. Some might rank him as low as 50 but considering theres 80-90 QB's currently employed by NFL teams, it's hard to argue he shouldn't be in league. I know there's developmental QB's, character veterans, etc, but still this guy can help teams win games, he would have a contract if not for the blackball. Again though that stuff I just mentioned feeds into why Kaep can't prove it.

Now what would be interesting to see is if Kaep does have any demands that needed to be met. If Kaep turned down contract offers since they weren't enough money, or the role he would be asked isn't what he wanted, well then the story changes.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It is so far against their intersts for all 30 owners to all formally agree to not sign this guy before the season for such a trivial thing (in terms of what many other guys have done) that it really defies logic to think that it actually happened.

If it comes out that it is true, and if it is true it is shocking that it hasn't leaked, it would be a huge blackmark agaisnt them and the league and potentially cost them a ton of money. The upside is basically zero for them so why would they risk it?

Also what is the benefit for owners who don't care or even support Kaepernick for going along with this? What is the upside for the those teams that supposedly would be able to win games for going along with it? What is the upside for black executives, coaches, GM's, scouts, staff etc. for going along with it?

Why would the Ravens have worked him out if the owners colluded to keep him out of the league?

As for the top 35 QB argument (which is very high for him) it doesn't take into account that for many teams the back-up and 3rd spot often doesn't have to do with skill and moreso with fit.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sigh, obviously 32 owners didn't sit down and "formally agree not to sign him". That's a simplistic attitude divorced from reality.

The fact remains that no team will sign him because of his political beliefs. Owners refuse to sign him, ie he was blackballed by owners. It doesn't have to be every owner, and they don't have to "formally agree".

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Sigh, obviously 32 owners didn't sit down and "formally agree not to sign him". That's a simplistic attitude divorced from reality.

The fact remains that no team will sign him because of his political beliefs. Owners refuse to sign him, ie he was blackballed by owners. It doesn't have to be every owner, and they don't have to "formally agree".

If it isn't every owner then how is it collusion?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

You may want to pick a different term then "blackballed" if that's how you see the situation. Blackballed by definition is collusion--some group of multiple owners coordinating an agreement together that none of them will sign him. And they do have to formally agree in some form for it to be collusion. Multiple owners making their own independent decisions not to sign Kaepernick does not constitute collusion.

The term "blackballed" comes from secret ballots, often for membership to clubs or fraternities. Each voter selects a white cube (Yes) or black ball (No) in a system where each individual voter's choice is hidden and only the final voting tallies of cubes and balls are known.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You have no evidence at all for your claim. Stop repeating that "cops were just doing their jobs" when we have absolutely no idea what happened due to the fact that the arresting officer (of the innocent man btw) turned off his cam. We have no idea if cop pulled gun or threatened him. It's far too convenient that the only officer with the cam off was the one in question for me though, so clearly they are hiding something. What we do know if completely innocent Bennett was targeted for being big and black and arrested for no reason at all. That alone says that Bennett was telling the truth, what is in question is simply words used. No matter what this on the police, not on Bennett. This is not a made up story, no matter how much you try to spin it.

Umm no... he was arrested because the police told everybody to get on the ground and he decided to bolt for the front doors and leave.... that would make any reasonable person think he is a suspect no? Considering everybody else listened to the police.

You just explained why it isn't collusion.

I would but I think it's kinda pointless. Two reasons. 1) Owners are clearly guilty. 2)Kaep can't prove it. So it's not going to go anywhere.

Clearly guilty... with 0 evidence. I doubt all the owners called each other and said "screw this guy, were not signing him" some want nothing to do with him, some might. His decision to wear a Castro shirt ruled out Miami and his girlfriends twitter rant about Ray Lewis killed his chances of signing with Baltimore.

Kaepernick was coming a 16td, 4int season. Much lesser QB's get contracts all the time, it's hard to believe that no one would sign this guy. He is clearly a top 35 QB in the world at very least, many would argue top 20 or top 25. Some might rank him as low as 50 but considering theres 80-90 QB's currently employed by NFL teams, it's hard to argue he shouldn't be in league. I know there's developmental QB's, character veterans, etc, but still this guy can help teams win games, he would have a contract if not for the blackball. Again though that stuff I just mentioned feeds into why Kaep can't prove it.

Now what would be interesting to see is if Kaep does have any demands that needed to be met. If Kaep turned down contract offers since they weren't enough money, or the role he would be asked isn't what he wanted, well then the story changes.

For one, IIRC the Raiders/another team offered him a contract but he wanted more money. Sorry Kap but you aren't getting 7 million a year.

He also reportedly doesn't want to be a backup, which again hurts only himself. As well, he needs a specific scheme to play in and you aren't re doing your offence just for him.

Last edited:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
If it comes out that it is true, and if it is true it is shocking that it hasn't leaked, it would be a huge blackmark agaisnt them and the league and potentially cost them a ton of money. The upside is basically zero for them so why would they risk it?
not that yr specifically wrong here, but let's remember that the NFL took great care to attempt to prevent info from getting out regarding concussions/CTE/long term health effects on the players

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Umm no... he was arrested because the police told everybody to get on the ground and he decided to bolt for the front doors and leave.... that would make any reasonable person think he is a suspect no? Considering everybody else listened to the police..

He also scaled a fence while running from officers

Reactions: Voight
Sep 19, 2008
Wut?

Quarterback rating of 86.4, 78.5, and 90.7 in his last 3 seasons.
Quarterback rating of 95.9, 101.9, and 122.3 in his last 3 games.

It's not very hard to find NFL QB's significantly worse than that.
Heck, half the guys listed as "top 10 QB's" every season are worse than that

"see his game against Chicago"

One of these seems to not be like the others.....I wonder why that one would be selected to make an argument

You have yet to explain what he has done since he led the Niners to the Super Bowl. He was part of a 1 win and 2 win team. He was benched repeatedly, threw for like 5 yards in Chicago. Again explain to me how he should start in this league? He's done.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
You have yet to explain what he has done since he led the Niners to the Super Bowl. He was part of a 1 win and 2 win team. He was benched repeatedly, threw for like 5 yards in Chicago. Again explain to me how he should start in this league? He's done.
Why do you keep bringing up one bad game that was surrounded by tons of good games? Are you a literal insane person?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Why do you keep bringing up one bad game that was surrounded by tons of good games? Are you a literal insane person?

Tons of good games??? Where are those?

He was deservedly sat for Blaine Gabbert. There have been multiple reports from football people saying that he isn't good enough. Are they also in on the collusion?

Reactions: tacogeoff

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How is discredited liar Michael Bennett still yammering on as one of the faces of this anthem protest boondoggle?

Seahawks’ Michael Bennett: No dialogue between players, owners until Colin Kaepernick has a job

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...e-can-be-dialogue-between-players-and-owners/

Is he trying to blackmail the owners?

What a petty way to act. How do you expect anything to be done if you're trying to force the owners to sign a player? The players are the ones who want change.... you're not going to get anywhere trying to make demands.

He was deservedly sat for Blaine Gabbert. There have been multiple reports from football people saying that he isn't good enough. Are they also in on the collusion?

As its been said before, Kap simply isn't good enough to warrant the media circus that would follow him everywhere.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012

The one before that one, where he threw for 296 yards 3TDs 1 INT and also ran for 113 yards.
Or the one before that where he threw for 206 yards 2TDs and no interceptions.
Or the one before that where he threw for 210 yards 1TD no interceptions and also ran for 55 yards and 1TD
Or the one before that where he threw for 398 yards 2TDs and 1INT.

should I keep going?

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think most would agree there’s QBs in the league worse than Kaepernick.

I keep seeing the argument that he’s a distraction that isn’t worth it.

1 + 1 would seem to equal collusion to me.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Just because you can play in the league doesn't mean you deserve to play in the league. Doesn't mean you are owed a job.

Other factors come into play. Kaepernicks ignorance, the controversy and circus that follows him, and the negative blowback isnt worth it for any team.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad