NFL: Reports: Kaepernick filing grievance against owners for collusion

member 157595

And that's a stupid argument because there are only a handful of elite qb's in the league.

If SF wants to stick with worthless ass Beathard after Jimmy G just tore his acl then they'll lose a hell of a lot more interest than if they brought in a better qb like Kap.

If Garappolo actually is out for the year I actually think SF is one team where signing Kaepernick on a 1-year contract could make some sense, but I don't know how long it would take him to get into game shape. He would undoubtedly bring a media frenzy wherever he goes, but probably less so in SF where he's familiar to them, not blocking a rookie/developmental QB and better than all other available options.

If Kaepernick is still making millions of dollars from endorsements/etc and not putting his physical health at risk by playing football, he may decide playing in the NFL is not worth the risk in the first place. I'm just speculating on that part, but if I could make millions without going through the physical torture of playing football I'd certainly prefer the latter option.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
If Garappolo actually is out for the year I actually think SF is one team where signing Kaepernick on a 1-year contract could make some sense, but I don't know how long it would take him to get into game shape. He would undoubtedly bring a media frenzy wherever he goes, but probably less so in SF where he's familiar to them, not blocking a rookie/developmental QB and better than all other available options.

If Kaepernick is still making millions of dollars from endorsements/etc and not putting his physical health at risk by playing football, he may decide playing in the NFL is not worth the risk in the first place. I'm just speculating on that part, but if I could make millions without going through the physical torture of playing football I'd certainly prefer the latter option.
Tom Brady and many other established athletes seem to function well. Now if Colin gets a low ball offer than I can understand that but how much are we gonna pay a back up QB anyway?
Even if he is competing for starting status that number won't be more than 6-7 million per.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Anyone know how Kaep’s relationship with the Niners management went in the final year or two? I know there was a stink that they weren’t going to play him unless he gave up the contract guarantee for injury.

Are the same SF brass in place now?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I can't imagine that Shanahan wants to work with a guy that struggles to get past his first read on the fw times he even gets that far.

Maybe he wants a challenge but he seems to smart to want to pull his hair out week after week watching Kaepernick tank his gameplans because he is too stupid to run a simple pass play.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I can't imagine that Shanahan wants to work with a guy that struggles to get past his first read on the fw times he even gets that far.

Maybe he wants a challenge but he seems to smart to want to pull his hair out week after week watching Kaepernick tank his gameplans because he is too stupid to run a simple pass play.
Property-Owner-Rights-and-Dog-Barking.jpg

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Would it not stand to reason at this point if any team wanted anything to do with him his phone wiuld have already rang.It just seems incredibly unlikely he will ever play.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
If S.F actually signed kapernick it would be a dumb move. As they are now they are a lock for a top 10 pick and have an extremely good chance at a top 5 pick. If Jimmy G lives up to his potential they will not draft that high again for years. Kap could potentially get them a few extra wins without actually making them compete for a playoff spot. Long term they would be better off sucking this year and getting a high impact player to help in the future.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
If S.F actually signed kapernick it would be a dumb move. As they are now they are a lock for a top 10 pick and have an extremely good chance at a top 5 pick. If Jimmy G lives up to his potential they will not draft that high again for years. Kap could potentially get them a few extra wins without actually making them compete for a playoff spot. Long term they would be better off sucking this year and getting a high impact player to help in the future.
No guarantees the draft lands you a franchise player. Players and coaches aren't gonna tank because of the loss of Jimmy G. Kap won't really improve the team all that much because he hasn't seen a field in ages and isn't all that great. Plus John Lynch signed Richburg but didn't do much of anything else to improve the OLINE which is a huge problem.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
No guarantees the draft lands you a franchise player. Players and coaches aren't gonna tank because of the loss of Jimmy G. Kap won't really improve the team all that much because he hasn't seen a field in ages and isn't all that great. Plus John Lynch signed Richburg but didn't do much of anything else to improve the OLINE which is a huge problem.
My point isnt about the players and coaches. It's the GMs decision. Quite honestly whether or not the players play thier hearts out is irrelevant. The talent is not there to be more than 4-12 without Jimmy G. I suspect 3-13 is more likely. With Kap 5-11, 6-10 is possible.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Anyone know how Kaep’s relationship with the Niners management went in the final year or two? I know there was a stink that they weren’t going to play him unless he gave up the contract guarantee for injury.

Are the same SF brass in place now?

only spoiled arse Jed York

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
^To put it in perspective, Peterman threw half of Kap's 2016 season total of int's yesterday...in the final 2 minutes of the game

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kaepernick won as soon as they made the settlement confidential. And decidedly so.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
So this is obviously just the NFL saying 'here, go away' and not an implicit admission of wrong doing. No chance they would have proven collusion. I guess the legal fees and the circus of the process might have impacted business and the wiser investment would just be to settle the case.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Looks like he got what he wanted, aside from the attention.

Between this and his (reported) contract demands for the startup football league, Kap's looking to fill his pockets, big time. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad