NFL: Reports: Kaepernick filing grievance against owners for collusion

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yet Kaepernick's qbr was 90.7 the last season he played and you called him mediocre...

Jay Cutler QB Rtg's

2006 = 88.5
2007 = 88.1
2008 = 86.0
2010 = 86.8
2011 = 85.7
2013 = 89.2
2014 = 88.6
2015 = 92.3

And you called him worse things then mediocre for years

Are you conceding Jay Cutler was a good QB?

Or does your argument only go towards QB's you like?

Reactions: Voight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You cite QBR and expect me to take you seriously?

I get it. You're a Kaepernick homer cause he was good for a second as a Niner. I like the dude and support his cause but that doesn't mean we have to pretend he's something he isn't, which is to say nothing of the fact that none of his evaluations are done in a vacuum. Nobody gives a **** if hes better than Bradford. Hes not better when you factor in the distraction angle.
So if stats aren't relevant what should I based his play off? Subjective opinion like you?

Prove he was mediocre. Simple as that.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Jay Cutler QB Rtg's

2006 = 88.5
2007 = 88.1
2008 = 86.0
2010 = 86.8
2011 = 85.7
2013 = 89.2
2014 = 88.6
2015 = 92.3

And you called him worse things then mediocre for years

Are you conceding Jay Cutler was a good QB?

Or does your argument only go towards QB's you like?
Lol. I didn't hate on Jay nearly as much as others. You, yes. Jay, not so much.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So if stats aren't relevant what should I based his play off? Subjective opinion like you?

Prove he was mediocre. Simple as that.

In his final season he averaged 203 ypg, 1.45 TDs per game, 0.37 ints per game, less than 60%, and a 5.54 ypa. He didn't even run, averaging fewer than 19 ypg on the ground.

This shit is not difficult to look up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: newfy and Voight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
In his final season he averaged 203 ypg, 1.45 TDs per game, 0.37 ints per game, less than 60%, and a 5.54 ypa. He didn't even run, averaging fewer than 19 ypg on the ground.

This **** is not difficult to look up.
That team also had one of the the worst rosters in franchise history. Averaging over 200 ypg and a 4/1 td/int ratio with Jeremy Kerley and a bunch of other scrubs isn't as bad a truly mediocre qb would have put up.

He also ran for 468 yards on over 6 yards an attempt so I don't know where you got your 19 ypg but that's wrong.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That team also had one of the the worst rosters in franchise history. Averaging over 200 ypg and a 4/1 td/int ratio with Jeremy Kerley and a bunch of other scrubs isn't as bad a truly mediocre qb would have put up.

He also ran for 468 yards on over 6 yards an attempt so I don't know where you got your 19 ypg but that's wrong.

My bad, I was looking at sack yards. He did average 42 YPG on the ground.

In any case, those numbers are in line with his career averages. He's a middle of the pack quarterback with a kneeling problem. However you want to define the word mediocre, he's not good enough to overcome his distraction label, point blank. If he was, he'd have a job.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

In any case, those numbers are in line with his career averages. He's a middle of the pack quarterback with a kneeling problem. However you want to define the word mediocre, he's not good enough to overcome his distraction label, point blank. If he was, he'd have a job.
Then we'll agree to disagree. I believe the fact he was the first to start the movement made him a target, and a distinct possibility is collusion may exist. It will be interesting to see what they can prove.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Then we'll agree to disagree. I believe the fact he was the first to start the movement made him a target, and a distinct possibility is collusion may exist. It will be interesting to see what they can prove.
I agree with you. It was all about the anthem thing. There are inferior depth players who protested who are still getting NFL jobs, but those guys weren't the face of this thing. No one knows their names. Those guys weren't the ones being mentioned in ever letter to the editor by Joey Reddirt who swore he'd never watch the team again if the team signed Kaep. Owners and GMs blackballed Kaepernick because they were afraid of anthem blow back.

The shame of it is we now know those owners and GMs went about this all for nothing. Nike did a wonderful job of proving that the anger of the anthem thing is limited to a very small pocket of white people. It turns out, owners and GMs had nothing to fear. Had one of them signed Kaepernick, there would have been an initial firestorm of outrage from that small number of angry white people, but had a team stuck with him and rode it out, they wouldn't have seen any harm to their bottom line. They also would have avoided this collusion talks. All that was needed was one team to see through the greatly overinflated social media outrage to realize no actual harm would have come from signing Kaepernick. Yeah, a bunch of Russian bots would have endlessly flogged that team, but ticket sales, merch sales, and viewership would have been fine.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

I don't disagree that he's the face of it and that he has a tougher hill to climb, I'm merely making the point that if he was a top 10 or 15 QB, he'd be employed. And I'm just not sure I agree that collusion exists. I think teams made their decisions independently.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don't disagree that he's the face of it and that he has a tougher hill to climb, I'm merely making the point that if he was a top 10 or 15 QB, he'd be employed. And I'm just not sure I agree that collusion exists. I think teams made their decisions independently.
Which is where I think a lot of the fundamental disagreement is coming from. He may not have been an elite end qb, but definitely good enough to start on some teams and to back up just about any. I also don't see the 'distraction' angle as one that would stick. His personal jerseys sold out in hours when he made them available and Nike sells and stock are at an all-time high. For sure, certain demographics would be turned off, but the gain of newer fans and merchandise sells would more than offset any loss in fans/sells from the other side.

As for the collusion, I happen to believe they either have text, email or some other sort of evidence. I don't think he would push this if there wasn't. I he has, I'll accept being wrong, but I would just love to see him present a legitimate case.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Which is where I think a lot of the fundamental disagreement is coming from. He may not have been an elite end qb, but definitely good enough to start on some teams and to back up just about any. I also don't see the 'distraction' angle as one that would stick. His personal jerseys sold out in hours when he made them available and Nike sells and stock are at an all-time high. For sure, certain demographics would be turned off, but the gain of newer fans and merchandise sells would more than offset any loss in fans/sells from the other side.

As for the collusion, I happen to believe they either have text, email or some other sort of evidence. I don't think he would push this if there wasn't. I he has, I'll accept being wrong, but I would just love to see him present a legitimate case.
And his teammates in SF voted him for some sort of leadership award his last season there. The distraction talk is just a cover.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
He is for sure liked in the locker room, but teams won't tolerate incessant media questions about their backup QB. They want those guys to disappear. It's stupid, but that's the way of the NFL. Shut up and play goes for the owners/GMs, not just Fox News. I'll bet even a guy with a big personality like Cam probably would have a hard time finding a job if he wasn't that great.

As for collusion, if there's evidence, then that's one thing. I'm just not sure I see them getting their hands on something so blatant.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Nike has proven absolutely nothing. Nike is a business and are cashing in. Sure they will donate to Kaps charity and say the right things but in the end they are about profit. Nike isn't choosing a side either. Making this a white black issue is ridiculous.
People act like Colin K is some kind of star. He's a low end starter at best. Preferably a back up QB but I doubt he wants to settle for that. Yes he should be in the NFL because he is good enough and eventually I believe a team will sign him.

Last edited:

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
I now realize nike has moved on from shoes and clothes for athletes, and gone full sjw..... hard pressed to find any folks that looks like me, wearing their stuff on nike website.

not knowing what you are looking at is nike's new thing.

race and gender neutral is apparently the way to sell shoes these days, well, call me old fashioned, this does not make me wanna get out there and play sports in nike wear

nike 1.PNG

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I now realize nike has moved on from shoes and clothes for athletes, and gone full sjw..... hard pressed to find any folks that looks like me, wearing their stuff on nike website.

race and gender neutral is apparently the way to sell shoes these days, well, call me old fashioned, this does not make me wanna get out there and play sports in nike wear

View attachment 140983
I'm not really sure what your point is. You're not going to buy Nike because they appear to you to go out of their way to be inclusive and advertise outside of the traditional straight male/female roles? How progressive of you.

"Not knowing what you're looking at". People. You're looking at human beings. I don't know what is particularly ambiguous about that picture anyways. It's clearly 2 men and 2 women. What, the girls' hair isn't done up enough for you? Not showing enough cleveage?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Reports are Colin K maybe signing with NFL team soon
Might as well post the link: Colin Kaepernick's attorney hints quarterback could sign soon: 'Next week, there may be some news'

At least one person close to former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick believes the quarterback will play in the National Football League again. Not only that, but the person also believes that could happen as soon as “next week.”

That person would be Kaepernick’s attorney, Mark Geragos, who spoke to TMZ about Kaepernick’s current situation. When asked whether he thinks Kaepernick will play again this season, Geragos responds with, “I would just say stay tuned. Next week, there may be some news.”

After saying he wouldn’t reveal any more information, Geragos revealed a lot of information.
Before we go into all that, this is the point where we tell you Geragos isn’t the most reliable source here. Last season, he predicted Kaepernick would sign in November. That, obviously, did not happen. On top of that, this is Kaepernick’s attorney. It’s not his agent. We should probably take everything he says with a massive grain of salt.

OK, still ready to proceed? Read on.

said a lot of other things that indicated he wasn’t all that interested in bringing in Kaepernick." data-reactid="28">Do either of those teams make sense? For the Raiders, there have been some rumors that Jon Gruden would consider Kaepernick. The coach said he was surprised Kaepernick was not signed in March. He also said a lot of other things that indicated he wasn’t all that interested in bringing in Kaepernick.

has avoided talking about in the past." data-reactid="29">As for the Patriots … who knows? The team likes to play things close to the vest, and would never publicly acknowledge interest in any player. Kaepernick’s signing would invite plenty of non-football questions, which coach Bill Belichick has avoided talking about in the past.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

View attachment 140983
Nike isn’t going sjw. Nike is chaisng profits.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

View attachment 140983

LOL. I mean, I just feel sorry for you. So programmed you need a mirror to purchase a product or you become disoriented. Sad.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

This is the perfect and only way to describe the situation.

I doubt it. If say Newton or Russell Wilson had been the first to kneel you really think they'd be out of a job right now? They wouldn't, and thats because they are elite QBs, which Kapernick is not, hence why hes unemployed.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
And that's a stupid argument because there are only a handful of elite qb's in the league.

If SF wants to stick with worthless ass Beathard after Jimmy G just tore his acl then they'll lose a hell of a lot more interest than if they brought in a better qb like Kap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad