NFL: Reports: Kaepernick filing grievance against owners for collusion

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
students are already protected from being forced to salute the flag

nothing in the NFL's rulebook, game operations manual, or anything like that states that players are required to stand and salute the flag.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
A peaceful protest can be a very positive thing but so is knowing the right time and place.
Apparently the owners are feeling the heat from outside influences.

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
These guys are all big businessmen. I'm sure there are some that would make a decision based on their own personal beliefs, but I'd expect the majority are doing a risk/reward estimation on player upside vs. potential for disgruntled customers or team distraction elements.

There's also a branding issue. The owner who signs Kaepernick is going to have displayed across the media world pictures and videos of Kaepernick kneeling in his team's colors.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Pig socks, Castro shirt,
Yeah, those weren't his greatest moments.

limited offensive versatility,
Huh? He's as versatile as they get. Throwing mechanics aren't top notch, but he can make throws and can run the ball better than any qb currently in the league.

girlfriend calling owner a slave owner,
She hasn't helped his cause, but she hasn't impacted them, either. She's a good excuse for teams.

suing the NFL for collusion,
If there's a case he has every right to fo so. I hope he can prove his case.

refusing to take a lower offer...
Him not taking horseface's ridiculous ~50% paycut was not only smart, but has no impact on his current fa status. He would have been stupid to lower his base salary from 13 mil to 7 when they weren't going to opt into his deal at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pestilence

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not too try to make it too political again but he literally campaigned on it and to this day still makes it a major talking point at his current campaign rallies and it's the major reason why the protest has been marred with this "anti-nationalism" label that has made the protest a "distraction" that teams don't want to "deal with."
Not to mention him basically begging the nfl to back him up because "he needs this one".

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
A peaceful protest can be a very positive thing but so is knowing the right time and place.
Apparently the owners are feeling the heat from outside influences.

To a lot of people, there is no right time and place for a protest. The fact that this got to this ridiculous level is because too many people are snowflakes over a country that they by most objective measures don't give two shits about.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yeah, those weren't his greatest moments.

Huh? He's as versatile as they get. Throwing mechanics aren't top notch, but he can make throws and can run the ball better than any qb currently in the league.

She hasn't helped his cause, but she hasn't impacted them, either. She's a good excuse for teams.

If there's a case he has every right to fo so. I hope he can prove his case.

Him not taking horseface's ridiculous ~50% paycut was not only smart, but has no impact on his current fa status. He would have been stupid to lower his base salary from 13 mil to 7 when they weren't going to opt into his deal at the end of the year.

Versatility wasn’t the right term.

I will use Buffalo as an example can Kaepernick run the same offense that they would want for Allen? Does it hurt Allen’s progression to have to have different plays for him and Kaep?

As a back-up is it better to have a guy that is a plug and play guy instead of Kaepernick who would be a bad fit for may offenses?

As for girlfriend it may not be much but sure hurt him in that specific opportunity and when paired with the other stuff it certainly doesn’t help his cause.

Reactions: Voight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Versatility wasn’t the right term.

I will use Buffalo as an example can Kaepernick run the same offense that they would want for Allen? Does it hurt Allen’s progression to have to have different plays for him and Kaep?

As a back-up is it better to have a guy that is a plug and play guy instead of Kaepernick who would be a bad fit for may offenses?

As for girlfriend it may not be much but sure hurt him in that specific opportunity and when paired with the other stuff it certainly doesn’t help his cause.
Kap and Josh Allen actually are very similar qb's.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if kaep's girlfriend is an issue how has brent grimes managed to stay in the league this long?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
^
Cause he is a starting NFL talent

As soon as Grimes isn't good enough to start for NFL teams anymore then his wife will be issue

If Grimes was a backup CB teams would cut him or avoid dealing with him to avoid Miko

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
if kaep's girlfriend is an issue how has brent grimes managed to stay in the league this long?

As Blackhawkswincup mentions the simple answer is that Grimes is good enough to overcome his wife being batshit crazy.

Also unless I missed something that is about the only red flag when it comes to Grimes, with Kaepernick there is a lot more issues that starts to create a bit of a pattern of concerns.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Kap and Josh Allen actually are very similar qb's.

I don't think the Bills want Allen running close to as many times as Kaepernick would.

Allen is a better runner than people think but he should not be looking to run over 100 yards a game like Kaepernick needs to to be succesful and while not his strongest asset he still is miles better at reading coverages and going through progression than one and run Kaepernick is.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
After a year and a half banished from the league he's probably mediocre, but his production in his last season in the league is hardly mediocre. You can argue he wasn't aesthetically pleasing on the eyes or that the 49ers team had the worst roster in the entire league but his stats from 2016 don't lie.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
But Josh Allen is a 1st round pick they traded up for. Does not make any sense at all to sign Kapernick.
I was just saying they wouldn't need to change their scheme on offense since they have the same strengths and abilities.

Last edited:

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I'm not sure if Colin still interested in playing pro football. He obviously is making money through other means and seems destined for a political career down the road. He's certainly more than just a talented athlete.
He also chose to opt out of his Niners contract. The lawsuit maybe more for him to continue his fight for equality.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm not sure if Colin still interested in playing pro football. He obviously is making money through other means and seems destined for a political career down the road. He's certainly more than just a talented athlete.
He also chose to opt out of his Niners contract. The lawsuit maybe more for him to continue his fight for equality.
The 49ers weren't keeping him. He opted out to get a jump start on fa.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
^
Cause he is a starting NFL talent

As soon as Grimes isn't good enough to start for NFL teams anymore then his wife will be issue

If Grimes was a backup CB teams would cut him or avoid dealing with him to avoid Miko

Brent Grimes hasn't been a starting quality corner since the end of his days in Miami. Try again.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Brent Grimes' passer rating when thrown at the last two years: 69.7, 75.0. He picked off QBs 4 times while allowing 1 touchdown in 2017. Seems pretty starting quality to me, especially on a team with ****ty safeties.
Yet Kaepernick's qbr was 90.7 the last season he played and you called him mediocre...

Reactions: Terry Yake

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yet Kaepernick's qbr was 90.7 the last season he played and you called him mediocre...

You cite QBR and expect me to take you seriously?

I get it. You're a Kaepernick homer cause he was good for a second as a Niner. I like the dude and support his cause but that doesn't mean we have to pretend he's something he isn't, which is to say nothing of the fact that none of his evaluations are done in a vacuum. Nobody gives a shit if hes better than Bradford. Hes not better when you factor in the distraction angle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad