Confirmed with Link: Reports: Blue Jackets sign Duclair

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm very excited about this Duclair signing. 22 year olds with his toolset aren't often picked up for free at the league minimum. Dude has skill no question. Not sure what has held him back so much after his 20g 24a first full season, but I'll take a flyer on a kid who can pull this off:

AND if he bounces back, he's still an RFA next year.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reminds me a lot of the Gagner signing. Sometimes someone just needs a reset. Getting one in the middle of the season helps some, but not everyone. Not to mention the Hawks were floundering and desperate to change fortunes, so that environment probably didn't help his transition.

At the very least its depth. At the most we get a young winger with a chip on his shoulder. I like the signing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lol, I don’t get it. Not even 50 minutes ago:

And now:

I get it, things can change quickly but.. did Porty miss this one too?

I'm pretty sure that's a quick change thing, because Porty cites another agent discussion as confirmation.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Low risk with a potentially high “Gagne-like” reward. Adds depth to hopefully be able to roll four lines Torts can trust.

Nice job Jarmo and co and welcome Duclair!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Portzline army arrived.
Okay, I went off on the guy for his garbage with Panarin and I'm still not about to forgive him for it, but this is f***ing ridiculous. We've established it many times before - with attributed sources he's very good, it's when he speculates that he's to be disregarded. He's not speculating here. He's talking to people and reporting what they say. That's good. That's what he does well, and if he had any clue that's what he'd limit himself to now and in the future.

You go to him for sourced confirmations, not rumors and uncertainties.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Okay, I went off on the guy for his garbage with Panarin and I'm still not about to forgive him for it, but this is ****ing ridiculous. We've established it many times before - with attributed sources he's very good, it's when he speculates that he's to be disregarded. He's not speculating here. He's talking to people and reporting what they say. That's good. That's what he does well, and if he had any clue that's what he'd limit himself to now and in the future.
Well you think he's good, i think he's a hack looking for clicks, unless he has a real quote in his report he's speculating and assuming, and unless he has a real quote his reports are not worth discussing. (to me) Can we leave it at that? Thanks.

Reactions: CPTN71 and mikeyp24

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well we are not alone suffering from media. Holy headlines.

"Duclair rejects his hometown Canadiens and signs with a brand new team! " Nobody likes Montreal!

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well you think he's good, i think he's a hack looking for clicks, unless he has a real quote in his report he's speculating and assuming, and unless he has a real quote his reports are not worth discussing. (to me) Can we leave it at that? Thanks.
...except you were kvetching about a report of his with a real quote.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Great move. Nash and Duclair for that $ instead of Letestu and Calvert.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
AP is hot garbage I just want in on that before we stop haha.

As for off season so far we lost a little age and grit for Nash and Duclair so far... I like our offseason right now I dont know how anyonencould be against that.

Reactions: We Want Ten

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jarmo collecting bottom six guys like he's the second coming of Marc Bergevin.

Oh please. It’s not like there was an easy fix to our top-6 to be had in free agency.

Signing Nash and now Duclair provides real NHL depth to our bottom-6 so we don’t have to rely on Lukas Sedlak, Markus Hannikainen, and Eric Robinson to make an impact offensively.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Panarin-PLD-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Nash-Anderson
????-Dubinsky-?????

2 lineup spots open (3-4 roster spots if we carry 2 extra forwards) for Milano, Duclair, Hannikainen, Sedlak, Broadhurst

Should be good competition.
You left out Abramov, Davidsson, and possibly Robinson . Team all a sudden has a ton of depth

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Not sure what will make Columbus any different than his stops in Arizona & Chicago but I sure as heck hope Columbus IS the difference :thumbu:

And I'm doubting Columbus was his only offer considering what he signed at -- so I give Jarmo props for this one..

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi and Samkow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad