Confirmed with Link: Reports: Blue Jackets sign Duclair

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Habs radio reporter claiming we've picked up Duclair:

Came here to post this. I like it! Young depth scoring is needed. He's only 22, but feels like he's been around for a long time already. No risk signing. I like him over Hannikainen. It lets Robinson and some other young dudes get some seasoning in Cleveland.

Admittedly I haven't seen too much of him, but remember him being a big piece of the Rangers future when he was a rook. Definitely a reclamation project, but he's still very young.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Came here to post this. I like it! Young depth scoring is needed. I like him over Hannikainen. It lets Robinson and some other young dudes get some seasoning in Cleveland.

If the Duclair rumors are true, it adds to our depth nicely. Duclair has some scoring upside to maybe move ahead of Foligno/Jenner if he regains form, but he's also not so good that Robinson and company don't have a chance of moving ahead of him. Jarmo said he wanted our depth guys like Robinson to have a chance to compete for jobs, and Duclair doesn't squash that chance as he might end up in Cleveland. Not much risk on a one year deal.

The thing is, Cheechoo COULD SCORE.

Apparently not without Joe Thornton.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I like Duclair too.

By the numbers he played well in Chicago, they just wouldn't give him the ice time.

Hopefully he signs here and it's another Kempny situation (bad player evaluation by Chicago).

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Renaud is a very credible source. So it’s all but a done deal now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1. I like the signing. No risk, potentially high reward.

2. I don't see Milano making the team, and I could see him getting traded.

3. I think this takes us out of the running for Rick Nash.

Reactions: CBJSTH

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Lol, I don’t get it. Not even 50 minutes ago:

And now:

I get it, things can change quickly but.. did Porty miss this one too?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Panarin-PLD-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Nash-Anderson
????-Dubinsky-?????

2 lineup spots open (3-4 roster spots if we carry 2 extra forwards) for Milano, Duclair, Hannikainen, Sedlak, Broadhurst

Should be good competition.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Lol, I don’t get it. Not even 50 minutes ago:

And now:

Well, I mean the agent did say no contract was signed, which seems true. However, Porty didn't ask if a contract was agreed upon, which it likely was.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
How russians says. "Никогда такого не было и вот опять!" - smth like "This have never happened before and here we are!" doesn't do it justice. :D

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Duclair was the whipping boy for 2 different coaching staffs in Arizona. This despite scoring 20 goals for Tippett. He was often kept away from other skill players and instead forced into this bizarro grinder role which is not his thing. The summer Tippett was fired, the relationship between Duclair and Arizona continued to suffer, leading him to request a trade. It was clear he wasn't going to be held to the same standard as other players and was one of the fall guys for a historically bad start in AZ. Even with zero linemate help and zero support from coaches, he still produced at near a 40 point pace on an abysmal team.

This player has an NHL toolset through and through. You really can't get somebody better for 650k. I hope he finally finds a regular scoring role and some PP time with you guys.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Still hoping we can sign the other Nash to a cheap one or two year deal. If we do, we could probably package Milano with a few other pieces for an upgrade. Assuming nothing happens on the Panarin front in terms of a trade, I would try this:

Panarin-PLD-Atkinson
Duclair-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Nash-Anderson
Foligno-Dubinsky-xxxx

Based on advice from other teams fans, I would initially try Duclair on a scoring line, seems to fit his skillset nicely. He could complement Wennberg well, IMO.

I also wonder if this could be a precursor for moving a forward other than/in addition to Milano. Maybe even Foligno?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad