News Article: Report: NHL helps Senators recoup pay after team's major cuts

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Whoa. Wait, wha???
I thought the league stepped in and ruled on this? How could EM simply not pay them now? IF true, this looks bad on the league, not just the Sens.
It’s coming they just haven’t gotten all of it yet.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

tire-burning-fire-burnt-car-wheel-accident-tires-protest-125135575.jpg

Reactions: bert

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
My french isn't what it once was... coles notes?

He's just talking in general about the Senators situation over the past several months.

Starts off with talk of the jerseys that seem to be in limbo but are coming. And kind of a "why can't they announce that? Why can't they give us some good news as Sens fans?"

Talks about Borowiecki leaving and how that's not good. Once he leaves we only have 2 players remaining from our 2017 run that end in 2 OT in the ECF against Pittsburgh (Anderson and Ryan).

Draws parallels between that team and this one. The whole - small market on a budget competing with big markets. He suggests Anderson will be gone soon and Ryan would already be gone if his cap hit wasn't so high.

And then he finishes up with the 50% pay cut that required our coaches to go to the league executives for relief. Other teams did 20%. We did 50%. Yay.

We brought in DJ Smith and pivoted to this youth movement and were sold on "hey this is the bright new future, a young coach, a young team!" when really it's all BS because that's not how you treat your new head coach.

And then a "where's the bottom of the barrel", "nobody knows" comment.

The article isn't written like a professional news piece so I don't capture the entertaining writing style (if you like that I guess). I'm not sure if he's a Sens fan but the writing style was kind of a "woe is us" and a general lack of trust in ownership.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
He's just talking in general about the Senators situation over the past several months.

Starts off with talk of the jerseys that seem to be in limbo but are coming. And kind of a "why can't they announce that? Why can't they give us some good news as Sens fans?"

Talks about Borowiecki leaving and how that's not good. Once he leaves we only have 2 players remaining from our 2017 run that end in 2 OT in the ECF against Pittsburgh (Anderson and Ryan).

Draws parallels between that team and this one. The whole - small market on a budget competing with big markets. He suggests Anderson will be gone soon and Ryan would already be gone if his cap hit wasn't so high.

And then he finishes up with the 50% pay cut that required our coaches to go to the league executives for relief. Other teams did 20%. We did 50%. Yay.

We brought in DJ Smith and pivoted to this youth movement and were sold on "hey this is the bright new future, a young coach, a young team!" when really it's all BS because that's not how you treat your new head coach.

The article isn't written like a professional news piece so I don't capture the entertaining writing style (if you like that I guess). I'm not sure if he's a Sens fan but the writing style was kind of a "woe is us" and a general lack of trust in ownership.

I think you summed it up perfectly.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown

Wow, really appreciate that, thank you!

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

I don t know if he s a fan of Sens but it s him that cover the Sens for the french media

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I thought the article was pretty poor to be honest. Obviously he raises some very legitimate points and concerns but I just don't get most of it.

We know there will be a rebrand, it's coming soon. Obviously would be great if they made it official but I'm anticipating it'll be done at the draft. It's just a waiting game at this point.

For the "no player from the ECF run" portion, I also don't see it as a big deal personally. Boro leaving is just fine with me and I was a lot more dissapointed when Stone and Karlsson left. Boro leaving doesn't really move the needle for me, I'm happy for him more than anything. We've known about this for 2 years now, so repeating it is kinda useless. Maybe raising questions as to how we'll handle these situations with our star players going forward would be more relevant at this point?!

For the coaching staff I'm surprised no one was able to discuss the situation with them. Obviously a bad situation worth mentionning there.

Overall, I just thought it was an article about things we've been talking about for years. The coaching staff portion is relevant but I guess that in itself wasn't necessarily enough to write an article.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I thought the article was pretty poor to be honest. Obviously he raises some very legitimate points and concerns but I just don't get most of it.

We know there will be a rebrand, it's coming soon. Obviously would be great if they made it official but I'm anticipating it'll be done at the draft. It's just a waiting game at this point.

For the "no player from the ECF run" portion, I also don't see it as a big deal personally. Boro leaving is just fine with me and I was a lot more dissapointed when Stone and Karlsson left. Boro leaving doesn't really move the needle for me, I'm happy for him more than anything. We've known about this for 2 years now, so repeating it is kinda useless. Maybe raising questions as to how we'll handle these situations with our star players going forward would be more relevant at this point?!

For the coaching staff I'm surprised no one was able to discuss the situation with them. Obviously a bad situation worth mentionning there.

Overall, I just thought it was an article about things we've been talking about for years. The coaching staff portion is relevant but I guess that in itself wasn't necessarily enough to write an article.
There really hasn't been anything but opinion pieces like this re-hashing old stuff for quite a while. The team has appeared to cut off access since all the anti Melnyk articles came fast and furious the last 3 or so years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad