Rumor: Report: Habs’ Holloway signing in KHL

Mad Brills*

I remember when Holloway, Semin and Kassian were gonna have a hard battle for second line duties. Good time.

Replaced with Weise, hudon and vrbata?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
not sure how much better you can get then one of the best players in the AHL. The interesting part to me,

Our AHL Leading Scorers Last 3 years,

2014-2015 - Holloway
2013-2014 - Hensick
2012-2013 - St. Pierre

Each one was gone the next season. Would be nice if they could find one that can stick around more then 1 season to help with the youth. Assuming Dumont is gone as well, going to need some good veteran leaders up front.

A guy like Jason Jaffray would be nice, has spent a few season in St. John's and can help with leadership and provide some offence.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Good for him, i bet the money is better over there.

Congrats on his 1st NHL game.

I remember when Holloway, Semin and Kassian were gonna have a hard battle for second line duties.

Typical BargainBin https://streamable.com/kbzm

MB is the type of guy who refuse to shop for quality, instead he goes to dollarama. He's back every week to replace his cheap **** but in his mind he's still coming out on top.

As montreal pointed out, it's kinda weird our top scorers GTFO from Lefebvre ASAP.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
not sure how much better you can get then one of the best players in the AHL. The interesting part to me,

Our AHL Leading Scorers Last 3 years,

2014-2015 - Holloway
2013-2014 - Hensick
2012-2013 - St. Pierre

Each one was gone the next season. Would be nice if they could find one that can stick around more then 1 season to help with the youth. Assuming Dumont is gone as well, going to need some good veteran leaders up front.

Is Chris Bourque under contract? ;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
he is, I believe he'll make 390K in the AHL next year.

Kids will have to show up. That's what Bergie wants, not to have vets to take place of kids....if he doesn't add up to this roster, he's counting on them to score. A lot. We'll see about that.

But I would add vets on D and F.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kids will have to show up. That's what Bergie wants, not to have vets to take place of kids....if he doesn't add up to this roster, he's counting on them to score. A lot. We'll see about that.

But I would add vets on D and F.

Assuming Bartley is re-signed, along with Ellis, and Dietz, I'm not worried about the defense in terms of vets. Losing Dumont and Holloway though will hurt, not sure who they will get to replace them.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Good for him, i bet the money is better over there.

As montreal pointed out, it's kinda weird our top scorers GTFO from Lefebvre ASAP.

Not weird considering you just answered your own question. Why take AHL $$$ when he can get KHL $$$. But anytime there is a chance to bash take it.

I am sure he knew that he was not NHL material. I don't think going to another franchises AHL team and losing real world $$$ to chase his dream made sense to Holloway. Sure if you are 21 or 22 fine, but when you are getting in on 30 you need to make as much $$$ as you can before your career is over.

Bottom line guy is not NHL material. Thats why at 28/29 he has barely NHL games under his belt. Good for him to think about his financial future rather than chasing a futile dream.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Smart move by him. He seemed too slow for the NHL based on his 1 game. But I would have liked to have seen him given more NHL time to see if he could adapt to the pace.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
He surely was not in montreal plans despite all the injuries cant blame him from leaving.. Its most likely an excellent decision and Our farm team is a disgrace. Lol

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Smart move by him. He seemed too slow for the NHL based on his 1 game. But I would have liked to have seen him given more NHL time to see if he could adapt to the pace.

Therrien played him on the 4th line for 3 minutes or maybe it was 5. He is not a 4th liner, why call him up and put him there? Are we the LA Kings?:laugh::laugh:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Therrien played him on the 4th line for 3 minutes or maybe it was 5. He is not a 4th liner, why call him up and put him there? Are we the LA Kings?:laugh::laugh:

Cuz thats what he deserved. Good AHL player, but not an NHL player. Guy is 28 he aint gettig better. Some players are just AHL players lots of veterans in the league.

Good for him to make more money while he still has a chance. Probably can only play another 4 or 5 years anyways.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yup lets blame MT of course.
Can't blame MT personally, but it's not like he got much of a chance here anyways.
Holloway is an AHL/Euro player. Why do you think he only came over here at 28?[/QUOTE]
He waited until he became an UFA. Before that the Kings owned his rights. He wanted to choose where he was going, he chose Mtl, and he left after a year it seems.

We all had fantasies of Bud breaking out and being a 2nd liner but the truth is that he nothing more than a good AHL player.
They weren't really fantasies. They're ideas put in our heads by the GM when he says that he's signed some guys and there also is interesting younger guys who could potentially filled up the top 6.
The majority here hadn't seen Holloway play one game. They look at his stats, ask around LA board, read some reports, and link that to us having players signed for top 6-9.
I mean, did you think Bergevin signed Holloway so he can be a good vet for Hamilton?..Come on now.

No surprise first thing when I saw this thread I knew that MT and eventually MB will be blamed for Bud not being an elite 80 pt superstar.
Nobody expects him to be an elite 80pt player. Not even a 40pt player. People get frustrated when they see him be our AHL leader, but then get about 7 min of ice time when called up here for his only game.
The team was eliminated, going nowhere, full of injuries, and you don't call up your leading AHL scorer who's set to become an UFA??
I mean, even if they think he's got little potential..why not give him an extended try??

He will be missed in Saint Johns as he was a great veteran who produced. Big hole down there and with more of our youngsters getting a shot to play in the NHL next years team is going to have a talent problem.

More youngsters getting a shot? Jesus I hope not. That means Bergevin will do nothing this summer to fix the holes.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Holloway seems to have wanderlust. Good for him. I hope he does well. I never understand fans who want players to be boring never leave home people. You can play hockey all over the world. I'd love the opportunity to work in most of the places he has. Good stuff!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->