REPORT: Gretzky OUT for 2010, Lowe IN; Quinn OUT, D.Sutter IN; BERT CRIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

True North

Jan 10, 2006
Vancouver
Singling Bertuzzi out is absurd. How many penalties did Canada take versus the Russians? Like 9? If Bertuzzi's penalty was succesfully killed and then the Russians scored on a penalty by someone else, NO ONE would be talking about Bertuzzi. Did he have a good tournament? No. Did ANYBODY on Canada? Outside from a few players, no. The entire team played like ****. The talent was there, but they didn't gel.

Bertuzzi is just getting the shaft because of the hard-feelings everyone still holds from the Moore incident.

And as for the guy who pointed out the "10 game suspension" in 02-03, that was for stepping off the bench during a fight. He didn't even skate away from the bench, he just stepped onto the ice, stood there, and watched. What a goon, eh? But hey, bravo to you for making Bertuzzi look even worse. Who cares about facts, anyway? :clap:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Canuck5056 said:
Singling Bertuzzi out is absurd. How many penalties did Canada take versus the Russians? Like 9? If Bertuzzi's penalty was succesfully killed and then the Russians scored on a penalty by someone else, NO ONE would be talking about Bertuzzi. Did he have a good tournament? No. Did ANYBODY on Canada? Outside from a few players, no. The entire team played like ****. The talent was there, but they didn't gel.

Bertuzzi is just getting the shaft because of the hard-feelings everyone still holds from the Moore incident.

And as for the guy who pointed out the "10 game suspension" in 02-03, that was for stepping off the bench during a fight. He didn't even skate away from the bench, he just stepped onto the ice, stood there, and watched. What a goon, eh? But hey, bravo to you for making Bertuzzi look even worse. Who cares about facts, anyway? :clap:
Just face it. Big dumb Bert simply can't play internationally. How many times have I warned that the guy is a liability at the international stage? I've seen him many times on Team Canada and every time I wanted to pull my hair out. The guy is a MORON.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
BlueAndWhite said:
1.) I wouldn't say McCabe necessarily got better every game, but he did have a solid game in the quarterfinals.
2.) Pronger was injured, I think most people realize that Chris Pronger is simply not THAT bad when healthy.

His injury must have been a concussion because the kinds of decisions he made and passes he attempted were laughable.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Lowe and D. Sutter? :shakehead

It should be independant guys outside of the NHL that knows more about International hockey that would have all the time in the World to go all over the place and watch the various systems and so forth. Gretz and Quinn had little time to prepare. They thought they would just go in there and squach the other nations like bugs; that`s not how that works. In 2002 they were lucky because 1. they had this super-team while the other nations`young guys were not ready, 2. Sweden got eleminated on a fluke call, 3. They had the leadership of Mario and Stevie Y.

I`m afraid with the NHL guys in charge again it will turn again into another country club. And you have to go with guys that don`t just know the NHL.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kimota said:
Lowe and D. Sutter? :shakehead

It should be independant guys outside of the NHL that knows more about International hockey that would have all the time in the World to go all over the place and watch the various systems and so forth. Gretz and Quinn had little time to prepare. They thought they would just go in there and squach the other nations like bugs; that`s not how that works. In 2002 they were lucky because 1. they had this super-team while the other nations`young guys were not ready, 2. Sweden got eleminated on a fluke call, 3. They had the leadership of Mario and Stevie Y.

I`m afraid with the NHL guys in charge again it will turn again into another country club. And you have to go with guys that don`t just know the NHL.

The reality is in both 2002 and 2006 the best TEAM won. In 2002, Canada was able to rise above some early challenges, get better as the tournament went on, and beat arguably the best performing squad (the U.S.) in the Gold medal game. Sweden did the same in 2006 (except Finland was the final opponent). Case closed.

AgentNaslund*

Lowe is not a bad choice. He does like building fast skating teams.

Phanuthier*

AgentNaslund said:
sure why not, just remember, its harder to forecheck and make hits in the big surface. Suters style is very successful in the NHL size, but if your thinking its gonna be as easy as it is, to go in, and forecheck like make your gonnna be surprised. Suter plays a defensive style, but on top of that, alot of forechecking is invovled, as you can see, the teams Russians and Swedes have incredible tactical breakouts that can kill Suters style of hockey so yea.
Sutter's style is to force the play to low percentage areas, and to have his players win puck battles there. I fail to see how this supposed incredible tactical breakout would destroy Darryl Sutter's game.

Granted, I don't think he'll coach Team Canada.

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Canuck21t said:
Just face it. Big dumb Bert simply can't play internationally. How many times have I warned that the guy is a liability at the international stage? I've seen him many times on Team Canada and every time I wanted to pull my hair out. The guy is a MORON.

Bertuzzi played in the 1998 World Hockey Championships in Switzerland and the 2000 World Hockey Championships in Russia.

I don't have his statistics for 1998, but in 2000 Bertuzzi had 5 Goals & 4 assists in 9 Games. Hardly chopped liver.

You have seen him many times? I somehow doubt it Would be nice to supply some facts as to the "many games" you have seen Bertuzzi play.

You don't like the guy. Thats OK. But why let a few facts get in the way of your rant. :shakehead

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
AgentNaslund said:
Lowe is not a bad choice. He does like building fast skating teams.

As oppsosed to building a winning hockey team. :dunno:

Why get someone who can build a winner when we have someone that likes building fast skating teams that lose? :sarcasm:

AgentNaslund*

Phanuthier said:
Sutter's style is to force the play to low percentage areas, and to have his players win puck battles there. I fail to see how this supposed incredible tactical breakout would destroy Darryl Sutter's game.

Granted, I don't think he'll coach Team Canada.

winning battles along the boards is something every coach will coach the team too do. Its not like its something only Suter coaches. There is too much surface to send ur guys into forecheck, risking breakouts the other way, and plus, Sutters style is not something a team of Superstars is willing to do. If its the World cup in NHL arena, it will be fine. Granted its good you think he wont coach Team Canada. Cause they wont be asking him. Too much skill to bring in a defensive coach. Wont be surprised if they asked him to be an assistant.

Phanuthier*

AgentNaslund said:
winning battles along the boards is something every coach will coach the team too do.
Well the Oilers have pretty weak puck support on clearing the zone, as well as many other teams. It's not just the one-on-one battles, ya know.

AgentNaslund said:
Its not like its something only Suter coaches. There is too much surface to send ur guys into forecheck, risking breakouts the other way, and plus,
Then Sutter will adapt. He ain't a dumb guy.

AgentNaslund said:
Sutters style is not something a team of Superstars is willing to do.
Well its not a style all stars will adapt, but I don't think he'll have trouble with Sakic's, Gagne's, Richard's, St Louis's, ect. I mean, he is coaching Kristan Huselius, isn't he?

AgentNaslund said:
Wont be surprised if they asked him to be an assistant.
Sutter won't work for a boss. If Team Canada wants him to coach, he wants both GM, head coach, and pick his own assistants.

Like you said... I don't think he'll be Canada's coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad