Report claims Nashville troubles Daly

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
1st off I don't live in Denver, and have been a fan since the days in Quebec.
Easy to criticize others from afar when you don't have to put your own money where your mouth is, I guess.

2nd I haven't attacked anybody. I'm stating facts, and purely facts.
You said Nashville is a terrible market and anyone who disagrees is an idiot, if those are facts, prove it.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Easy to criticize others from afar when you don't have to put your own money where your mouth is, I guess.

You said Nashville is a terrible market and anyone who disagrees is an idiot, if those are facts, prove it.
I called people who say Nashville is a great market and at the same time say Winnipeg can't support a team and shouldn't get a team back. That's such a big contradiction.

There's a difference.

Maybe I shouldn't have called them idiots, it's not their fault they don't have a clue what they're saying.

I appologize to you, Sontos, and anyone who may have been offended.

GSC2k2*

I called people who say Nashville is a great market and at the same time say Winnipeg can't support a team and shouldn't get a team back. That's such a big contradiction.

There's a difference.

Maybe I shouldn't have called them idiots, it's not their fault they don't have a clue what they're saying.

I appologize to you, Sontos, and anyone who may have been offended.
I fail to see how it is a contradiction. Nashville is a more sizeable market with a better corporate base. Nashville and Winnipeg are not equivalent markets.

Does that make me an "idiot" by your criteria?

MoMiester

Oct 26, 2006
the mts centre has 50 luxury suites and the Preds' were averaging just under 12,800 in paid attendance as of Dec.31st.

I bet the Preds will not offer that deal next year that gave 2K Free seats away and they will not have too with a play-off run. That was Leopolds call out to the Nashville business community,, not a call to other markets to get ready.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Why does Jordan Leopold's name keep popping up in connection to Nashville?

Umm...I think it might be confusion with our owner's name of Craig Leopold. Jordan Leopold would be a nice addition to our blueline (replacing Zidlicky), but he is out for four weeks with a broken wrist.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
I'm betting the over/under for another Toronto team will be 10 years.
You're betting that the stakes will be set at 10 years? Or, are you actually going to pick one of over or under?

I'm willing to bet the over/under on on more posts in this thread from sticknrink is 1.5, and I'm taking the under.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
There is a caveat to that statement: Avs fans ARE fans, just bandwagoners. :sarcasm:
Pretty much. This is what you have to look forward to Nashers. No matter how well or poorly you draw it will be spun against you. And not just the attendence every little thing about your franchise and plenty of which as fans you have little or no control over.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Great. Non-traditional hockey schools are earning trips to the dance and taking spots away from schools with fans who actually care and can pack an 8,000 seat venue anywhere their team plays.

...and to revive an oldie:
Why does Jordan Leopold's name keep popping up in connection to Nashville?
Umm...I think it might be confusion with our owner's name of Craig Leopold. Jordan Leopold would be a nice addition to our blueline (replacing Zidlicky), but he is out for four weeks with a broken wrist.
Or, could that be Craig Leipold?

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Great. Non-traditional hockey schools are earning trips to the dance and taking spots away from schools with fans who actually care and can pack an 8,000 seat venue anywhere their team plays.
Excellent :)

I just wanted to point out that Alabama-Huntsville will be the "host team" when Tampa hosts the 2012 Frozen Four, so I wish them the best of luck! :handclap:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
And nontraditional like the Blues are. Sure there are a lot of rocket scientists running around that university.:sarcasm:

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
There is a caveat to that statement: Avs fans ARE fans, just bandwagoners. :sarcasm:
True. I mean, it's not like the Avs--who are nowhere near a playoff spot--continue to draw 98% of capacity, while outdrawing (by thousands per game) their Pepsi Center co-tenants, the NBA's Nuggets--who are a playoff team. :sarcasm:

AEKaki

Bring back the Nordiques!
I hated them when they existed but face it, they had rivalries with alot of teams!

Same for the Jets.

Nashville -> Winnipeg
Florida -> Quebec

2 Expansion teams:
- Hartford (or Halifax or Hamilton)
- Houston

Eastern Conference:
North: Montreal, Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa
Atlantic: Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Hartford
Central: Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia
South: Washington, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina

Western Conference:
North: Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver
Pacific: San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Phoenix
Central: Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, Minnesota
Mid-land: Houston, Dallas, Colorado, St-Louis

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Bring back the Nordiques!
I hated them when they existed but face it, they had rivalries with alot of teams!

Same for the Jets.

Nashville -> Winnipeg
Florida -> Quebec

2 Expansion teams:
- Hartford (or Halifax or Hamilton)
- Houston

Eastern Conference:
North: Montreal, Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa
Atlantic: Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Hartford
Central: Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia
South: Washington, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina

Western Conference: