YEM

Mar 7, 2010
it's the latest playoff series we've won, I believe
ugh

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Couple notes on that series that I always think of. How sweet was it eating their lunch game after game, in their barn especially, being down multiple goals.

1) Somehow Fleury was worse than Bryz
2) I've never hated a team so passionately than during that series. The Pens were gooning it up. J-aims Knee-l, Matt Martin, Matt Cooke...such f***in scumbags. That Schenn hit (I believe in this game?) on Matt Martin had the place erupting like a goal was scored. Then Martin breaks his jaw with a crosscheck to the face.
3) The refs were horrible
4) The Pens' special teams were laughable
5) Briere and Jags rocked
6) The constant dejection in Doc's and Regis' voices each time a Flyers goal was scored

WellwornGrimFattaileddunnart-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Neal's hit on Coots among the dirtiest I've ever seen in a Flyers game btw. A full 4 seconds late and blindside and left his feet. Then a few seconds later Adams pulls Hartnell's hair in a fight (after Neal ran at G from center ice btw).

This series really exposed the Pens for the little bitches they were. What at a joy.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This will be the last time I talk to no one in this thread but let's go through Neal's last few shifts:

1) Blindside jumping late hit to Coots, hops on to the bench avoiding the scrum
2) Gets sent right back out by Bylsma, Lavy puts G, Briere, and Jake out there in response (oh god I so wish he didn't)
3) That shift, runs at G- at the Pens' right dot- from center ice with a chicken wing elbow which misses
4) While guys were scrumming around him, literally steps backward onto the bench through the opened door to avoid it
5) Gets a minor penalty and complains about it with a "what did I do" gesture

He never really got his. He got a playoff loss that year, no rings, and back to back Stanley Cup Final losses to show for it later though

Reactions: phlflyer1

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Game 2, Game 3 and Game 4 that serie were ridicoulous. Goal fests. Nice memories, except for game 4. :laugh: Even Game 1 was crazy. Danny B with the blatant offside goal starting a comeback. Pens fans were so mad.

Reactions: kudymen

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Couple notes on that series that I always think of. How sweet was it eating their lunch game after game, in their barn especially, being down multiple goals.

1) Somehow Fleury was worse than Bryz
2) I've never hated a team so passionately than during that series. The Pens were gooning it up. J-aims Knee-l, Matt Martin, Matt Cooke...such f***in scumbags. That Schenn hit (I believe in this game?) on Matt Martin had the place erupting like a goal was scored. Then Martin breaks his jaw with a crosscheck to the face.
3) The refs were horrible
4) The Pens' special teams were laughable
5) Briere and Jags rocked
6) The constant dejection in Doc's and Regis' voices each time a Flyers goal was scored

WellwornGrimFattaileddunnart-max-1mb.gif

2) Wasn't that Asham?

Reactions: flyersjim73

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
All Penguins in that game (actually, series) acted like big bunch of douche dicks.

My favorite goal from game 3 is probably this one. Giroux snipe

edit - ohh I see @DancingPanther got a gif of that goal

Reactions: phlflyer1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad