Replacement players prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
Just watch and see ...you are in for one hell of a surprise.

Will career AHL players like John Slaney, Peter White cross ??? ... I'd be surprised if most of them didn't.

But players like Umberger, Spezza, Camalerri, Parise, Seidenberg, Pitkanen, Voce, Suglbov (sp?) etc. etc. the highly regarded young prospects ... I think you'll see very very few of them cross the line.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
Just watch and see ...you are in for one hell of a surprise.
Players on 2-way NHL contracts like Pitkanen, Umberger, Sharp etc .. Will receive their NHL $$$ contracts if they cross and those are a lot more then 250 k .. and since they are NHLPA members they can't be forced to play against their will if they do not wish to.

So it will be interesting to see what happens ..Also if a big AHL portion crosses has the NHL team not just abortioned its AHL development team ??

What about Phantom season ticket holders, what kinds of players are they expected to see ??

EJsens1

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
The only thing that has been determined as that I won't pay for replacement players, and if they take my season tickets away and don't give me a comparable seat or better, when "real" hockey returns they will have lost a 30+ year season ticket holder.

Well, you know that eventually they will reach a deal. Are you prepared to give up your seats and position for season ticket holders??? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I really want to know. Like is there a huge demand for season ticket holders in Philly like in Toronto, because if that's the case, that would be a huge gamble to take (or not, depending on your answer) or is there a huge walk-up crowd??? If you are a Leaf fan and decide to give up your season tickets to say you won't show for replacement players, well, you'll lose all your privileges as there will be others who will take the risk with replacements in order to be there down the line for when the real players come back I would think.
Perhaps some teams will make exceptions for people who have been loyal all the years and allow them to keep their ticket priority???...or not, but it should be interesting.

myrocketsgotcracked

The Messenger said:
Well my club seats for the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL cost me $15/game as a season ticket price and my team went on to win the Memorial Cup, and the tourney was right in town to boot.

So yes people can find much better hockey to watch for the $$$ ..

Next years the WJC are being split between Kelowna and Vancouver and will be the best under 20 year olds in the world to watch ..

The NHL can put as many FAKE PLAYERS as it wants into NHL Jerseys, people can always find better hockey to watch ..
i agree to some extend, without nhl hockey this year, i've been "forced" to watch the giants, and its been some of the best (entertainment-wise) hockey i've ever seen.
i guess you dont need the best players on the planet to provide the most entertaining hockey, all the more reason for me to give replacement players a chance.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
John Flyers Fan said:
Will career AHL players like John Slaney, Peter White cross ??? ... I'd be surprised if most of them didn't.

But players like Umberger, Spezza, Camalerri, Parise, Seidenberg, Pitkanen, Voce, Suglbov (sp?) etc. etc. the highly regarded young prospects ... I think you'll see very very few of them cross the line.

Umberger ?? The slug from Pittsburgh who hasn't played one game in the NHL ??He'll dance across because he stinks and is a SOFT player
Spezza is an NHL'er with 111 games under his belt with a 1000 more to come, he won't cross. Seidenberg, european, he'll bring Krispy Kremes to the first replacement practice, same with Pitkanen, Voce and Slugbov.

As far as Camalleri and Parise probably will not cross.

However 90% of the players in the A will.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Craven Morehead said:
Well, you know that eventually they will reach a deal. Are you prepared to give up your seats and position for season ticket holders???

Yes, I know they'll reach a deal, but I'm not going to pay for replacements in the meantime.

Craven Morehead said:
Perhaps some teams will make exceptions for people who have been loyal all the years and allow them to keep their ticket priority???...or not, but it should be interesting

I have no idea what the Flyers policy will be, I believe they are one of the teams against replacement hockey (which IMO would be the smarter move for the NHL).

If they take our seats away and we don't get seats comparable to what we haev now, we're done.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
Umberger ?? The slug from Pittsburgh who hasn't played one game in the NHL ??He'll dance across because he stinks and is a SOFT player
Spezza is an NHL'er with 111 games under his belt with a 1000 more to come, he won't cross. Seidenberg, european, he'll bring Krispy Kremes to the first replacement practice, same with Pitkanen, Voce and Slugbov.

As far as Camalleri and Parise probably will not cross.

However 90% of the players in the A will.

Oh so everyone will cross but the talented young Canadian and American players that you like ??? :shakehead

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I'd pay about 10-15 dollars. I'm not sold on the idea of replacement players. If it's guys like Jim Johnson whos played in the ECHL for 10-15 years and is the 1st line center for the Lightning, I'm not going to drive down to the St Pete Times Forum. If 50% of the team is NHL-caliber, I'd go but nothing higer than 15 dollars. If it's not the best players in the world, I'm not going to pay full price.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
John Flyers Fan said:
Oh so everyone will cross but the talented young Canadian and American players that you like ??? :shakehead

It is what it is. The borderliners and Foreign players do not care about the NHLPA and the so called retribution from the Chris Pronger's and Bill Guerin's. Cammalleri is an NHL'er and so is Spezza therefore they will not cross. By the way I think Mats Sundin is probably one of the top 3 players in the world.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
BLONG7 said:
Some of the third and fourth line players would become first and second line players, and with more ice time... we may be surprised with their production...and guys like Sakic,Sundin,Naslund and co. could get a rude awakening...

we could. We could surprised at bad they truley are and that they should should be happy to just be part of the NHL. And who says guys like sakic, Sundin, Naslund won't cross the line. I think crossing will have little to do with money.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Icey said:
we could. We could surprised at bad they truley are and that they should should be happy to just be part of the NHL. And who says guys like sakic, Sundin, Naslund won't cross the line. I think crossing will have little to do with money.
If any ONE of those 3 cross the line...then so will the other 700...and sure, none of this has to do with money :shakehead :sarcasm:

IdiotsPickedMyName*

Both sides can kiss my butt, no chance I would ever go see replacements even if it were free.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
Tickets may only cost $10-$40 per game, but parking and concession prices will triple.

A small Pepsi is gonna cost you $13.00.

JK.

As far as replacement players winding up costing the teams more money once all the NHLPAers come crawling back, the NHL is not going to offer guaranteed contracts so the replacements can simply be let go. Then the NHLPAers are going to have to face the same fate if they don't carry their weight.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
BLONG7 said:
If any ONE of those 3 cross the line...then so will the other 700...and sure, none of this has to do with money :shakehead :sarcasm:

There are big name players who just want to be playing hockey. Players who have been playing for years and miss the game. I know you pro-owner people can't accept the fact that their are players that money is not the issue. There are players who were so pissed off when the season was cancelled that there was steam coming out of their ears. Why is it that you think only the 3rd and 4th liners will cross? Because they need the money? Give me a break. Nobody in the NHL needs the money.

you will see who plays for the game and who plays for the money. I know of one first line center for a top contending team that has said he will cross the line and I believe there are many more to follow. Of course that is what the owners are counting on.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
It is what it is. The borderliners and Foreign players do not care about the NHLPA and the so called retribution from the Chris Pronger's and Bill Guerin's. Cammalleri is an NHL'er and so is Spezza therefore they will not cross. By the way I think Mats Sundin is probably one of the top 3 players in the world.

Only time will tell, but I think you're dreaming.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I dunno, maybe some night we figure hey lets check out a game, do a night out, (not a season ticket holder). So hey, i might pay $40 just to sit in the best seats and watch a game. The question is: would I care about our team? I dont think so. I might scout them to see if any have a chance of being a callup from the minors once our real players return. But why would I care about this team? Even if they won, whoopdee. We have been growing our team for 10 years now, and our window was just opening up. And now we get to watch a bunch o slugs we dont know, on rotating 25 day tryout contracts playing? I cant imagine i'd be really cheering?

Why do the owners want to do this anyway. I'd think the players would find the thought of no hockey at all even harder to stomach, rather than replacement hockey that the owners still lose money on anyway.

What if our scrub team sucks and is in last place, and then things are settled at Christmas. We have to take those points for our team in the standings? They'd count? Thanks a lot.

shadoz19

May 21, 2004
BLONG7 said:
Some of the third and fourth line players would become first and second line players, and with more ice time... we may be surprised with their production...and guys like Sakic,Sundin,Naslund and co. could get a rude awakening...

That's very wishful thinking.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
BLONG7 said:
Gary Bettman is that You ??

This has to be one on the more enlighting posts on these boards in a long while ..

The only difference between Wade Belak and Mats Sundin is the line they play on, and ice time given. Yikes ..

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Icey said:
There are big name players who just want to be playing hockey. Players who have been playing for years and miss the game. I know you pro-owner people can't accept the fact that their are players that money is not the issue. There are players who were so pissed off when the season was cancelled that there was steam coming out of their ears. Why is it that you think only the 3rd and 4th liners will cross? Because they need the money? Give me a break. Nobody in the NHL needs the money.

you will see who plays for the game and who plays for the money. I know of one first line center for a top contending team that has said he will cross the line and I believe there are many more to follow. Of course that is what the owners are counting on.
If it's not about the money, then what is it ALL about...are you living in a cave? Does the name Bob Goodenow ring a bell??

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Gary Bettman is that You ??

This has to be one on the more enlighting posts on these boards in a long while ..

The only difference between Wade Belak and Mats Sundin is the line they play on, and ice time given. Yikes ..
Wade Belak is not a third or fourth line guy...he is one of the guys that should be playing in the ECHL...he plays when there is an injury or Domi need some help...There are alot of guys who get third or fourth line ice time, that have been the best player on every team they have ever played on until they hit this league...so if the big boys like Sundin,Sakic,Naslund etc. don't play when the league resumes then alot of these guys will produce and the results will be surprising...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
BLONG7 said:
Wade Belak is not a third or fourth line guy...he is one of the guys that should be playing in the ECHL...he plays when there is an injury or Domi need some help...There are alot of guys who get third or fourth line ice time, that have been the best player on every team they have ever played on until they hit this league...so if the big boys like Sundin,Sakic,Naslund etc. don't play when the league resumes then alot of these guys will produce and the results will be surprising...
If you theory had any merit, then why did Washington continue to fall in the Standings by trading away their top players or why are the Pens not more competitive when Lemieux is out and those 3rd and 4th liners are getting more ice time. Teams that lose their top players to injuries thoughout the year usually fall in the standings as a result ... Seldom if ever are they a better team by the loss ..

Good Luck with you theory ..

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
There is no way I will watch talentless replacement players play hockey when I can watch the best in the world compete in basketball, football, baseball, soccer, golf, and whatever else is going on. I'll watch the World Series of Poker or the World Poker Tour on reruns 100 times before I even think about watching UHLers pretend to be NHLers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad