Replacement players prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Steve L said:
I read the Ilitch said the ticket prices for replacement players would be $10 to $40. Would that sway you into watching them?
Most surveys done seem to have around 80% of people polled said they would go to replacements...which in turn means that most of the PA members would cross because the bottom line is that the NHL even with a cap, is still the league that pays more $$$ to it's players than any other...

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
John Flyers Fan said:
No, this season ticket holder won't go no matter the price.

Same for me. Unless the tickets were free, I doubt I would go.

The only thing that might convince me to go would be is a good deal of NHL players crossed the line (and not the 3rd and 4th line players).

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah, I figured there would be a price reduction anyway. I'll probably take my sister's kids, they're too young to know the difference.

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
Steve L said:
I read the Ilitch said the ticket prices for replacement players would be $10 to $40. Would that sway you into watching them?
$40 for that level of hockey? That's brutal.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Icey said:
Same for me. Unless the tickets were free, I doubt I would go.

The only thing that might convince me to go would be is a good deal of NHL players crossed the line (and not the 3rd and 4th line players).
Some of the third and fourth line players would become first and second line players, and with more ice time... we may be surprised with their production...and guys like Sakic,Sundin,Naslund and co. could get a rude awakening...

Lanny MacDonald*

Weary said:
$40 for that level of hockey? That's brutal.

And you have seen it have you? Can't be any worse than watching a Minnesota versus Carolina game. :eek:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I.M. Fletcher said:
do u mind i ask why not?

If i'm going to watch non-NHL level hockey I'll watch the AHL, where the Phantoms play in a building about 500 yards from where the Flyers play.

I refeuse to support replacement hockey, and would not attend if the tickets were free.

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
Steve L said:
So do you expect them to have free tickets then?
No. But I would accept them if they were accompanied by suitable renumeration.

Lanny MacDonald*

John Flyers Fan said:
If i'm going to watch non-NHL level hockey I'll watch the AHL, where the Phantoms play in a building about 500 yards from where the Flyers play.

I refeuse to support replacement hockey, and would not attend if the tickets were free.

I respect that stance. And will you maintain that position as long as there are replacement players in the game? Or will that only be associated with the Flyers? Or will you hold off untill all the Flyers have returned? What are the parameters for your return?

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
These polls suck. Look at who voted. Pro-owners vote yes I was going to watch anyway to make it look like owners have a lot of support for replacements and pro-pa do the opposite.

NO ONE is going to pay more than 20-30 to watch replacement players, pro-owner or pro-player. if you would you are Pejorative Slured

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The Iconoclast said:
And you have seen it have you? Can't be any worse than watching a Minnesota versus Carolina game. :eek:
Well my club seats for the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL cost me $15/game as a season ticket price and my team went on to win the Memorial Cup, and the tourney was right in town to boot.

So yes people can find much better hockey to watch for the $$$ ..

Next years the WJC are being split between Kelowna and Vancouver and will be the best under 20 year olds in the world to watch ..

The NHL can put as many FAKE PLAYERS as it wants into NHL Jerseys, people can always find better hockey to watch ..

Lanny MacDonald*

nyr7andcounting said:
These polls suck. Look at who voted. Pro-owners vote yes I was going to watch anyway to make it look like owners have a lot of support for replacements and pro-pa do the opposite.

NO ONE is going to pay more than 20-30 to watch replacement players, pro-owner or pro-player. if you would you are Pejorative Slured

What did you expect? The pro-owner side to all of a sudden change their mind and say they would not pay to see games at a reasonable price? All along people have been supportive of the concept of replacement players and went as far as to say they would pay to see replacements at full season ticket prices. I don't see anyone being hypocritical in their stance. Care to explain?

Lanny MacDonald*

The Messenger said:
Well my club seats for the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL cost me $15/game as a season ticket price and my team went on to win the Memorial Cup, and the tourney was right in town to boot.

So yes people can find much better hockey to watch for the $$$ ..

Next years the WJC are being split between Kelowna and Vancouver and will be the best under 20 year olds in the world to watch ..

The NHL can put as many FAKE PLAYERS as it wants into NHL Jerseys, people can always find better hockey to watch ..

Give me a break. So you're saying that the best junior players can beat any team of professionals and play better hockey? Well considering that the NHL Stars went to Europe and struggled to split their tour I think that states very strongly that there are plenty of capable players out there and that they can play at alevel comparable to that of the NHL stars. We are certain of one thing. It will be superior to anything you have seen in Kelowna, including the Memorial Cup and the Memorial Cup champions (and I love the Mem Cup tournament). The best players on those teams struggle to play at the professional levels (AHL, ECHL, etc.) with the same success.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
John Flyers Fan said:

All the Phantoms will be Flyers next year if they use replacements ! Do you know why ? because the AHL guys make anywhere between 50-90K a year and if you think they won't cross to make a guarantee of 250k then you are living on Fantasy Island. So will you go watch ? ....Hypocrite

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Iconoclast said:
I respect that stance. And will you maintain that position as long as there are replacement players in the game? Or will that only be associated with the Flyers? Or will you hold off untill all the Flyers have returned? What are the parameters for your return?

Would it have to be 100% of the "real" players back ??? ... probably not, but a minimum of 75% ... and if that ever happened I think you'd see all of them.

The only thing that has been determined as that I won't pay for replacement players, and if they take my season tickets away and don't give me a comparable seat or better, when "real" hockey returns they will have lost a 30+ year season ticket holder.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
nyr7andcounting said:

In fact I don't think the NHL has put a lot of thought into it .. If they are hoping that players cross a picket line and return to work then how are they going to know what price to set tickets at ???

If the NHL goes the IMPASSE route and sets prices at 10 - 40 bucks .. Then what happens when Alexi Yashin crosses and starts collecting his $ 9 mil guaranteed contract a season again .. Suddenly tickets are going to double or become variable depending on who crosses ??

I can tell you at $ 10 bucks a piece the NYI are going to lose more money with replacements then they ever did with Real players and the old CBA, and if the owners end up losing more then its clear to see why the Players do not want to be partners in the business of Hockey..

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
All the Phantoms will be Flyers next year if they use replacements ! Do you know why ? because the AHL guys make anywhere between 50-90K a year and if you think they won't cross to make a guarantee of 250k then you are living on Fantasy Island. So will you go watch ? ....Hypocrite

You're the one who's dreaming if you think every AHL player will cross the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->