Replacement blade for octogun

AndreD

Oct 24, 2010
London, UK
I broke my first (and only) composite in training today, a player fell and landed on the end and it has snapped completely about 4-5 inches above the blade. Is it possible to put a replacement blade in considering the shape of the stick? I have a game in 5 days and it would be hard to get a new stick in this time in this country.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to get a standard taper blade and put it in the top of the shaft, flipping it over, and then a wood plug extension for the other side (you may have to sand the tenon down). This will throw off the stick balance and kick a bit so I'd recommend getting a new stick when you can and keep that as backup.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Agreed with Jarick. Although even the wood plug may require too much effort to fit properly unless you cut off a considerable length to move above the octagon taper.

chickennecker

Jul 31, 2011
My first stick was a octogun and broke probably the same spot. A tapered blade with fit fine in the bottom probably will have to use an ext in the top for lenght. Its super easy, cut the break clean, heat stick andand tenon of bladethe with blowdryer(stick should be hot and tenon glue soft) and put in the tapered blade. If it doesn't fit, just make a new cut about 1/8- 1/4inch above andheat and try again. Also, I mask both the stick and blade so when the glue dries it easily comes off.

Fyi- I used a warrior dd tapered blade, which imo, has a thinner tenon. That stick now has a easton wood blade in it, for use on concrete, and I cut a little bit extra off the stick to make that tenon fit.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Order a new stick regardless of whether you can get a blade in there or not.

Also, this is why you should always have a backup stick. Anytime I go to the rink, I take two with me. That would seem especially important in an area where you don't have easy access to sticks.

And just out of curiosity, where do you order your stuff from over there? Do you get stuff in from the US/Canada, or do you get the Euro stuff like graf from the continent?

AndreD

Oct 24, 2010
London, UK
I do have a backup stick, its just my old wooden one and the difference I felt when I switched from wood to a composite was huge. Ive only had the new stick for a few weeks.

Most of the stuff I've bought has been from shops here actually, my parents house is 20mins walk from the best hockey shop in London. Although even that doesn't have a great selection, it has maybe 20 or 30 sticks there total. Not models of sticks but 20 or 30 sticks (and thats including left / right jr / snr). I bought my pads online from a shop in Wales as a package deal with a discount but I think I'm going to have to buy the new stick international just for the selection - shipping from europe is only about 15 euros so its not awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->