Rene Robert passes away

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
doing research both Robert and Martin had pretty short careers , as soon as the 70s ended so did their careers while Perreault kept plugging along. RIP to Rene.

Reactions: Devonator

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Some of you above have already touched on this, but the French Connection were a great line to watch. I was lucky enough to have seen them live - for the duration of their existence as a line. The collective line was greater than the sum of its parts - and the individual parts were outstanding. Some of my fondest hockey memories are watching the French Connection in action - especially against the Lafleur led Montreal Canadiens.

Robert was fast, had a great shot. He was an excellent playmaker. Those collective skills made him the perfect complement to Perreault and Martin. He was superb at the point on the power play where his vision, puck handling, shot and playmaking ability made him particularly dangerous. . He also was able to rise to the occasion and carry the Sabres in Perreault's absence - something I always admired in him. The day Bowman traded him was a sad one indeed.

He was very active in the community and with the Sabres alumni. His presence will be missed

Reactions: frisco

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I read today that he constructed his driveway out of pieces from the Aud after they demolished it.

That is the coolest thing I’ve ever heard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad