Boston Bruins Rene Rancourt Retiring at End of 2017-2018 Season

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm going to miss Rene Rancourt and his double, triple, sometimes quadruple fist-pumps.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Garden legend for sure but his time has come, truthfully, his time was likely done a few years ago but nonetheless, love the guy and wish him well

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
yup, could always tell how big of a game it was by how many fist pumps he did.

and by which vest he was wearing

I remember him breaking out the rarely (if ever seen) quintuple fist-pump for a big playoff game (possibly a Game 7). Awesome stuff I loved it. It was even better when watching the game with Hab or Leafs fans who would roll there eyes at the fist-pump(s), and I'm sitting there all smiles.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm going to miss him - of all the cheesy in-game entertainment stuff that the Bruins do, Rene is the one thing they have that's 100% spot-on correct. That said, I'm glad he's going out on his own terms, and hope he has a great retirement. It's really not much of a surprise - I remember reading within the last year or two that he was considering retiring, and that he often heads home after the first period. (Heck, I get that - my dad's a hockey fan who's only a year older than Rene, and has had a 9 PM bedtime for ages.)

Maybe he'll come back to do one or two games a season? It's just not the holidays without hearing Rene sing "Home for the Holidays", "Jingle Bell Rock", or "Blue Christmas". The headline from the B's does say "Longtime anthem singer will stop performing after the 2017-18 season", so maybe that's not in his future....but it'd be nice if he came back for a game or two.

Be great if we played Winnipeg in game 6 or 7 of the SCF at home. He could sing "O Canada" in French all he wants...what are the Bruins going to do, fire him?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Rene Rancourt been a staple in performing the National Anthem at Boston Bruins home games since 1975-76 season. With decades of countless memories that span across generations of Bruins fans, we want to hear from you regarding your personal favorite memories of Rene. Maybe he performed at your wedding, or perhaps fist pumped his way into your child's birthday party, here is your chance to tell us all about it and have your story be featured during his final farewell game on Sunday, April 8 against the Florida Panthers.

Please fill out the form below:

Rene Rancourt Night

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
3684BF9A-4399-481A-8523-2DC3603FA552.jpeg

This is Rene signing our “guest book” at our wedding. Was a huge hit, everyone had a lot of fun with him.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Sunday the 8th is his last game?

Stub hub has cheapest 2 tickets together at $120 a piece....on a sunday night makeup game. YIKES

Are we pretty confident he will sing in the playoffs as well?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
We weren’t planning on going to this game. I’m really disappointed they aren’t honoring him on what should have been the last home game.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sunday the 8th is his last game?

Stub hub has cheapest 2 tickets together at $120 a piece....on a sunday night makeup game. YIKES

Are we pretty confident he will sing in the playoffs as well?

last regular season game, since it's more than likely there will be playoff games

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Obviously. The poster you replied to is asking if we're confident he's going to sing for the playoffs
I don't see why he'd stop there it would be a different story if that game ended and there were no playoffs, the contract only expires when the season ends.... just like any other contract

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Obviously. The poster you replied to is asking if we're confident he's going to sing for the playoffs

Yes, I was asking WHEN the bruins make the playoffs do we think he will sing at those games.

Big Rene fan, but rather save the money for PO games and not a game that might have any affect on the B's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad