Celebrity Death: Rene Auberjonois (Benson, Star Trek Deep Space 9)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I remember him as one of Robert Altman's regulars, most notably in McCabe and Mrs. Miller and M.A.S.H. He always seemed to play a very particular type, fussy and a little uptight, but he was very good at it.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I feel this line from his role in "The Patriot" fitting.

thepatriot-reverendoliver.jpg

A shepherd must tend his flock.

RIP Rene

Reactions: montreal

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Too bad. Deep Space 9 was my favorite Star Trek series. I liked his character even though he was sometimes hard to like. RIP

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Man this sucks. I got to meet Rene a couple years back at a con. Well spoken and mannered individual, definitely seemed like he gave a damn about the fan base.

RIP. You have re-joined the great link.

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Loved him on Benson..

Circa 2006, I was in line at the Hollywood post office (on Wilcox).. guy ahead of me in line was dressed down in sweatpants & looked like a regular working/middle class guy.. As I'm waiting for the line to advance I realized it was Clayton from Benson..
I was a fan of his character when I was a kid, but he looked focused, and was taking care of some mail business, so I didn't bother him..

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Oh man. This makes me sick to my stomach. Very sad. Loved him on DS9. I was unaware he had lung cancer.

So many of the people that were associated with the Trek I grew up watching are gone now.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Circa 2006, I was in line at the Hollywood post office (on Wilcox).. guy ahead of me in line was dressed down in sweatpants & looked like a regular working/middle class guy.. As I'm waiting for the line to advance I realized it was Clayton from Benson..
I was a fan of his character when I was a kid, but he looked focused, and was taking care of some mail business, so I didn't bother him..

I never met him but my friends met him at a jazz club years ago in Vancouver and said he was a very friendly guy

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Found out about his death late last night. Great actor and enjoyed his voice over work as well in various shows.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Knew him as Mr. House from the video game Fallout: New Vegas. Had no idea he was in other prominent roles.

RIP.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
RIP

Sad year for DS9 fans with recent deaths

Remember him from Outer Limits + Stargate SG1 episodes among other things thru years as well

I can't help but feel like the Documentary just became a way to say goodbye to these actors. To lose Rene and Aron in such a short time is really sad.

I loved Odo and I was able to talk to Rene a few years ago in Vegas. I was stunned when I heard the news yesterday.

RIP. :(

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I too loved him in both DS9 and Benson, both are great shows that he clearly made better by being on them. Always did a great job in anything I saw him in, even My Best Friend is a Vampire (1988).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->