Removing tint from an Oakley Visor?

Hogie

May 1, 2010
I picked up an Oakley visor pretty cheap on ebay, last minute thing. Only realised afterwards that it was a tinted one

The thing is brand new & it fits Easton helmets, so I planned to keep it if possible

I'd read on another forum that you can remove the mirrored style tint with fine sandpaper & a rubbing compound, but does anyone know if it's the same with the grey tinted visors? I'm not sure if it's just a grey coating/layer added to the standard clear plastic, or if it's actually made from tinted material throughout

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
I picked up an Oakley visor pretty cheap on ebay, last minute thing. Only realised afterwards that it was a tinted one

The thing is brand new & it fits Easton helmets, so I planned to keep it if possible

I'd read on another forum that you can remove the mirrored style tint with fine sandpaper & a rubbing compound, but does anyone know if it's the same with the grey tinted visors? I'm not sure if it's just a grey coating/layer added to the standard clear plastic, or if it's actually made from tinted material throughout

I wouldnt bother you cant even use any compound other the Oakley AFR on oakleys, sandpaper will ruin the coating permanently

Hogie

May 1, 2010
Not too bothered about the anti fog coating, it's the straight cut type so rarely gets fogged up anyway

Just more concerned about if it's possible to remove the tint

Nichenew

Feb 4, 2010
Return the oakley visor and buy the Bauer x:100 visor. It is a clear visor with anti-fog and scratch which the oakley visor provides. As well, you can get 2 replacement visors for roughly $70 at sportchek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad