Reminder!!!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
So thanks to the 10+" of rain us Suffolk people had about 2 weeks ago, I have been rummaging through some older books. I had some water in my basement. So I had to pull out all the drywall, insulation, rug, etc... and see where things were coming from. Once corrected, I'm now in the process of putting back all the shelving, books, etc, where they were.

This book didn't stop me dead in my tracks, but it did throw a memory which I just wanted to share.

I haven't read this since I got it, probably back in 2002/03. It's signed by Bates and Aucoin, two large players that year and certainly in the playoffs. Not sure if I got that as a STH gift or I had it signed manually during a STH event.

I was at that game. What a memory --- we were all hugging each other after that PS goal.

But I'm pretty sure that Isles fans that night (at least me) had a feeling like -- WOW.. We have finally re-entered the NHL.. we are finally a voice...

But guess what --- that book was signed -- I'm only assuming here, that it was the end of a LONG era of failure, and Shawn and Adrian were signing it as a signal that it was over. We were nobody's, we made some acquisitions, and now we drove TML's to the brink and we have a bit of credit. Going forward, we are back as a solid team.

Well.. guess what. That changeover, didn't happen

I made a post last week about how excited I am about this team for the first time in a long time, and that still holds true. Just a reminder to all, that this is not a light -switch of of transformation, rather a conglomerate of changes which slowly gel into success. Try and enjoy the ride, hopefully the bumps will smooth out.

Will this Spring result in a successful playoff run or will it be just another missed playoffs? Nobody knows.

Ok.. All for now.. One love, people.

Last edited:

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
So thanks to the 10+" of rain us Suffolk people had about 2 weeks ago, I have been rummaging through some older books. I had some water in my basement. So I had to pull out all the drywall, insulation, rug, etc... and see where things were coming from. Once corrected, I'm now in the process of putting back all the shelving, books, etc, where they were.

This book didn't stop me dead in my tracks, but it did throw a memory which I just wanted to share.

I haven't read this since I got it, probably back in 2002/03. It's signed by Bates and Aucoin, two large players that year and certainly in the playoffs. Not sure if I got that as a STH gift or I had it signed manually during a STH event.

I was at that game. What a memory --- we were all hugging each other after that PS goal.

But I'm pretty sure that Isles fans that night (at least me) had a feeling like -- WOW.. We have finally re-entered the NHL.. we are finally a voice...

But guess what --- that book was signed -- I'm only assuming here, that it was the end of a LONG era of failure, and Shawn and Adrian were signing it as a signal that it was over. We were nobody's, we made some acquisitions, and now we drove TML's to the brink and we have a bit of credit. Going forward, we are back as a solid team.

Well.. guess what. That changeover, didn't happen

I made a post last week about how excited I am about this team for the first time in a long time, and that still holds true. Just a reminder to all, that this is not a light -switch of of transformation, rather a conglomerate of changes which slowly gel into success. Try and enjoy the ride, hopefully the bumps will smooth out.

Will this Spring result in a successful playoff run or will it be just another missed playoffs? Nobody knows.

Ok.. All for now.. One love, people.

Sorry about the rain Bones, hope it dries up quick with minimal damage.

Nice post. That was a great team and season but the current team has a brighter future. I was the sales mgr for a newspaper/shopper on the north shore at the time, was excited about the aquisitions and offered to do a weekly column on the team. That 11-1-1 start was remarkable to write about. I broke down the 2 or 3 games played each week and and chose the player of the week. Too bad the they played slightly over .500 the rest of the way and just missed 4th in the conference. We know the rest.

That team had some talented vets and an enigmatic center in Yashin. Wasn't built to last. Then some horrible moves along the next 2 years with some key injuries broke them. This current team has too much young talent to not have a lasting impact over the next 5+ years. Once the D emerges and a few more good contracts, the new ownership will really have to fall on their face to not go on a run. I have high hopes this year but even higher for the next 2-3.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00