OT: Remembering Rick Rypien

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Seemed like a great guy to be around. Very sad to think of all the sleepless nights he must have had abs struggles ...

Illness is not weakness. Talk to someone , anyone. Even on here , people disagree and whatever but out there is real life. Message anyone on here if you need to talk (including me) or need resources. Life it too short.

RIP RYP

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
My tribute image to him when I was doing my JABs:

CAR_Sports_LRG_2278.jpg
Nice tribute but he's right handed?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
One of my favs obviously. Pound for Pound as tough as they come

Remember watching him coming off injury at a practice one time. He looked so damn happy to be back with the boys and on the ice working on his skills. Must of been hard sitting at the end of the bench for long stretches just wanting to play hockey but instead sent out to set a tone or make someone pay a price.

I miss the Rypper.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
My favorite scrap of his was versus Cam Janssen.

November 10, 2009, Janssen gets in a scrap with Tanner Glass. Glass puts forth a good effort, and Janssen showboats the heck out of the end of the fight.

Rypien, IMO, was never a fan of that kind of crap. When Chris Neil did it to him, he returned the favour in Vancouver.

So anyway, December 31, 2009 - Rypien goes right for Janssen and caves his damn nose in. Loved it.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Any “enforcer” that has survived has never said he liked fighting. This glorification of gratuitous violence demeans hockey.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The late Rick Rypien and Olympian Clara Hughes have highlighted the athletes and everyday people struggling daily with debilitating depression. I pray for them and their families.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad