OT: Remembering Luc Bourdon (February 16th, 1987 - May 29th, 2008)

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
A coworker telling me about this is one of those moments I still remember fairly vividly. He was my favourite prospect at the time; I remember watching him live at the WJC against Switzerland. I was convinced he was going to be a good one for us.

article_151280b7-314d-4711-8864-b0a1c9e5b57a.gif

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Still remember exactly where I was when I heard.

Some of the most stunning and tragic news I've ever received tbh.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Still remember finding out the news within minutes of going to go help set up my prom. I remember one of my buddies' dads being distraught at the idea of such a young man losing his life. As I've grown older the impact of that moment has become more meaningful.

RIPLB

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
One of the most explosive skating D prospects I've ever seen in Canuck colors.

10 yrs just flew right by didn't it.

Not for his Family.

But yeah, I know what you're saying. Hope we someday honour him by letting a young star prospect on D wear his number 28 instead of letting it sit in the closet collecting dust.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Luc Bourdon, ten years later: Province Sports remembers

found out while looking around hfboards.com. Thought it was joke, with all the b.s that was being posted, you don't know who is serious and who is just clowning, honestly, but it wasn't. I remember him being ahead of Edler on our charts, and we liked Edler too. that's how highly I thought of Bourdon.

Canucks have unfinished business, which is winning one for Bourdon, Rypien and Patt Quinn.

r.i.p

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Luc Bourdon, ten years later: Province Sports remembers

found out while looking around hfboards.com. Thought it was joke, with all the b.s that was being posted, you don't know who is serious and who is just clowning, honestly, but it wasn't. I remember him being ahead of Edler on our charts, and we liked Edler too. that's how highly I thought of Bourdon.

Canucks have unfinished business, which is winning one for Bourdon, Rypien and Patt Quinn.

r.i.p

And pavol demitra!

Yeah, I found out about it on here. What a sad and crazy terrible day that was.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I remember I was in grade 11 computer class... was a very shocking news when I opened up a news site that day. Man time flies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->