Tribute remembering Guy LaFleur

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
One good memory.....flying down the wing and scoring.... ok if it was against the Rangers, not good.

The other not so much was him smoking on the bench. Crazy to think that was a thing but it was.

Another guy that looked like he genuinely loved hockey and what he did, he always had a smile it seemed.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Guy showed me that you can not underestimate guys from other eras. He came back to the Rangers in his late 30's after around 4 years away from the game and still lit up Patrick Roy who was as good as anyone at that time. He could still skate and shoot. He scored 2 goals vs the Habs (and an assist). He also had a hat trick vs the Kings that year. He was fun to watch flying down his wing with that slapshot.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Real tough couple of weeks for hockey. Lafleur really was a great player, still deeply underrated, and kept an entire culture hanging on his every move at his peak.

RIP to an icon.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I thought the first year of covid was bad, but this year is terrible...and all non-covid related..just people dropping like flies.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Guy showed me that you can not underestimate guys from other eras. He came back to the Rangers in his late 30's after around 4 years away from the game and still lit up Patrick Roy who was as good as anyone at that time. He could still skate and shoot. He scored 2 goals vs the Habs (and an assist). He also had a hat trick vs the Kings that year. He was fun to watch flying down his wing with that slapshot.

Interesting, I just saw footage of the Rangers Habs game in the Forum and did a double take on the first goal assist. It was Lafreniere...Jason.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
One good memory.....flying down the wing and scoring.... ok if it was against the Rangers, not good.

The other not so much was him smoking on the bench. Crazy to think that was a thing but it was.

Another guy that looked like he genuinely loved hockey and what he did, he always had a smile it seemed.
Amazing to me that I didn't know about him smoking on bench. I do remember him being a smoker (as was I) but not what I said. How in the hell could he be THAT FAST and smoke? Must have gotten winded quicker than non smokers. Think Espo was as well, but all he did was hang out near the net.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Amazing to me that I didn't know about him smoking on bench. I do remember him being a smoker (as was I) but not what I said. How in the hell could he be THAT FAST and smoke? Must have gotten winded quicker than non smokers. Think Espo was as well, but all he did was hang out near the net.
The French Canadian players loved their cigs back in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad