Remember when...

tzinc

Oct 20, 2009
Leafs Nation
Remember when it was said the Leafs problem was being owned by the Teachers Pension Fund and they needed a private company to own them ... looks like the Teachers did a better job than 2 of the biggest private companies in Canada.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
How did they do a better job?

Rogers and Bell (apparently) approved a proper rebuild. Right now they're ****ing heroes to a lot of people.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Remember when it was said the Leafs problem was being owned by the Teachers Pension Fund and they needed a private company to own them ... looks like the Teachers did a better job than 2 of the biggest private companies in Canada.

i can't even with this.
Rogers/Bell have owned the team for 2 years. if even. but the teachers who have been around for a decade and wouldn't really do a lot of things.... is better.

okay.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Better job???????:laugh::laugh:

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
1) The pension plan was and is worth FAR more than the current owners
2) The current owners have barely had enough time to fully make a mark - changes don't have their impacts felt instantaneously.
3) Exactly how much success was achieved since the lockout? Would you rather not make the playoffs, or not make the playoffs and get a good pick and start a rebuild?
4) The NHL is not the MLB, and you can only spend your way around problems a little bit.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
If you look at MLSE as a whole, Rogers/Bell is light years ahead in terms of their knowledge of the sports world and their willingness to spend where they can and to not stop trying due to some mistakes by their individual teams management.

The Leafs are going to be how they are ultimately measured and since they took over they fired Brian Burke, took a season to analyse the teams issues and have started to change course. We'll see just how far that goes but I believe in their understanding on how to build a proper NHL team for the long term. Due to their industry, Rogers and Bell have every reason to think about the long term product.

I'm not fully endorsing their work yet but they have done wonders with Raptors management and have been willing to do whatever it takes to get TFC turned around. I am optimistic with the Leafs although I am seasoned enough to wait on results on that front

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

rogers is a private company, hrmmm?

fascinating, indeed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad