Remember when everyone was so upset with not drafting Tyler Myers?

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Man, that guy is amonst the worst dmen in hockey. I'm not being sensational. I watch him a ton and he is terrible. He has amongst the worst defensive games I've ever seen in my 13 years of following hockey closely. His positional awreness f piss poor. He jumps at the worst time. He doesn't use his body. That's just defense.

His shot is silly inaccurate. He shoots at the worng times. He is inept at keeping the puck in the zone. What's worse is he has been caught several times so far this year blaminmg his teammate for defensive issues on the ice. Today he yelled at Hodgson when Hodgson got on his defense today.

That is why we can't judge defenseman so early in there careers. Once the book comes out on them it's tough to recover when you have rocks for brains.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Erik Karlsson says hi.

Nobody was saying anything about passing Karlsson until recently. It stings more for the teams that picked right before him, particularly Carolina and the player they just waived, ouch! Least the player the Kings picked ended up being the centerpiece in a trade that brought in a player who helped get the Kings to the Finals.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It helps that they made up for that whiff when they drafted Voynov in the 2nd round. Bless the Coyotes for taking Tikhonov, the player the Kings were rumored to be interested in. Also, look at some of the players taken ahead of Voynov, some of those teams probably would like to do those picks over and take Voynov over who they ended up drafting.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Man, that guy is amonst the worst dmen in hockey. I'm not being sensational. I watch him a ton and he is terrible. He has amongst the worst defensive games I've ever seen in my 13 years of following hockey closely. His positional awreness f piss poor. He jumps at the worst time. He doesn't use his body. That's just defense.

His shot is silly inaccurate. He shoots at the worng times. He is inept at keeping the puck in the zone. What's worse is he has been caught several times so far this year blaminmg his teammate for defensive issues on the ice. Today he yelled at Hodgson when Hodgson got on his defense today.

That is why we can't judge defenseman so early in there careers. Once the book comes out on them it's tough to recover when you have rocks for brains.

Do you just mean this season or the last couple? I've hardly seen him play but sabres fans always seem pretty high on him. Maybe he didn't get much conditioning during the lockout?

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
I dont give a ****. Teubert got us Penner, Penner won a series with an OT goal, and the Kings won a Cup.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Do you just mean this season or the last couple? I've hardly seen him play but sabres fans always seem pretty high on him. Maybe he didn't get much conditioning during the lockout?

It is worse this year but last year he was bad too. In fact if you read the other boards even Buffalo fans have been riding him for some time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Even so, Deano made out. He traded him for Penner. It worked out.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Kings did not trade only Teubert for Penner. The much bigger piece in that deal was the first, it was always about the first, not about a bust struggling to earn playing time over David Kolomatis and Patrick Mullen at Manchester.

Teubert's value at the time was probably a mid round pick. And I think the Kings knew right away, probably the first camp, that Teubert was a bust, you never send 18 year old much less 19 year old former first round picks to the ECHL if you have any hopes for them. Voynov was an AHL regular as an 18 year old.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The Kings did not trade only Teubert for Penner. The much bigger piece in that deal was the first, it was always about the first, not about a bust struggling to earn playing time over David Kolomatis and Patrick Mullen at Manchester.

Teubert's value at the time was probably a mid round pick. And I think the Kings knew right away, probably the first camp, that Teubert was a bust, you never send 18 year old much less 19 year old former first round picks to the ECHL if you have any hopes for them. Voynov was an AHL regular as an 18 year old.

Kinda have to wonder if the Kings did draft him, would he have been part of either the Penner deal, the Carter deal or even something else bigger like say Nash..

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Huh? Toffoli, Pearson, Vey, Kozun...Mersch, Dowd, Shore...?

The system has not given us anything but grinders in some time. Of those you listed only Toffoli has a good shot at making an offensive dent. The others may never make it on this team. Pearson is a grinder with little offensive impact at an NHL level.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
The system has not given us anything but grinders in some time. Of those you listed only Toffoli has a good shot at making an offensive dent. The others may never make it on this team. Pearson is a grinder with little offensive impact at an NHL level.
You clearly have never, ever watched Pearson play. You are so far off with your analysis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->