News Article: Remember when Eugene Melnyk called the Leaf's defense bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Big deal embrace the tank
I think we all know the importance of finishing at the bottom next year. Its literally the most imperative event to happen to this franchise to turn it around. Seems confusing they're "attempting" to jmprove this year after trying nothing last year. They have the seasons mixed up.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'm all for mocking the Leafs but what the f*** was Melnyk thinking with that interview.

Sens were in dead last and he was making fun of a team that ended up finishing with 100 points.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm all for mocking the Leafs but what the **** was Melnyk thinking with that interview.

Sens were in dead last and he was making fun of a team that ended up finishing with 100 points.
Does he ever not say something embarassing in interviews? Even when we were successful he sounded like my 5 year old nephew trying to discuss hockey.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Does he ever not say something embarassing in interviews? Even when we were successful he sounded like my 5 year old nephew trying to discuss hockey.
Honestly I liked his enthusiasm back then. It was neat seeing an owner who actually seemed like a hockey fan. Now he always sounds petty and/or stupid whenever interviewed.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Now he really is no D Dubas!

Melnyk is playing chess while everyone else is trying to build successful teams.

Live shot of Melnyk's end of the board...

imgrc0072643152.jpg

Yikes

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
They are bad and we are tanking. Seems the game theory optimal(GTO) choice to me is so to play bad players. I think PD screwed up his best chance at 1st overall by not keeping Ceci as well.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Honestly I liked his enthusiasm back then. It was neat seeing an owner who actually seemed like a hockey fan. Now he always sounds petty and/or stupid whenever interviewed.
I suppose. I just thought he always sounds like he has no clue about the on ice part of hockey. Like one of those people that doesn't watch a single game but has a strong opinion to throw around.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Well isn't next year , year 1 of 5 that we're suppose to start spending money to put us over the top? So we got 2 former leafs on 1 years that could turn to picks at the deadline all while helping the tank hopefully. Not sure how Zaitsev fits in the picture though with his contract.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think we all know the importance of finishing at the bottom next year. Its literally the most imperative event to happen to this franchise to turn it around. Seems confusing they're "attempting" to jmprove this year after trying nothing last year. They have the seasons mixed up.
We tanked when it mattered, the year we didn’t have our 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad