Remember those bizarre hockey socks from the World Juniors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
What's up with those? The socks the Americans, Swiss, and other countries wore, with the vertical stripe down the shin. It looked like something was attached on the outside of the sock. Maybe there was something attached. I couldn't really tell.

Anyway, what was the purpose of these things? Just a new style? A new fad, a-la Breathe Rights and Gatorade gum? Will we see these socks in the Olympics?

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
it doesn't even look like they're wearing socks, it just looks like they painted their shinpads

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
I don't know what Reebok's thinking. From what I've seen of the new uniforms there's no difference in any of the teams' new jersey designs, and the socks are just, bad. If they looked a little different from team to team maybe I wouldn't have as big an issue with it.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Unfortunatly yes. Doctor says I'll probably forget them after my next head injury though.... ;)

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Sock style

Is this news to people? Several countries were wearing this style of hockey sock at the World Junior tournament. It's old news! :sarcasm:

I guess the tournament doesn't get much coverage outside of Canada, so behold! ;)

Personally, I think the socks look terrible. Call me a traditionalist, but I can't stand the look of these things. There may be some potential for vertical stripes, but they missed the mark here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad