remember this name!!!

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
johan gustafsson!!! born 02.28.92

a week ago he made hes debut in the swedish allsvenskan. the tierII mens league in sweden at age 14:eek: and stopped 41 out of 44 shots against the second best team in the league (he plays for one of the worst teams).

this guy has some serious talent. i have never seen a 14 year old move around in the net this good.

he is eligible for the 2010 draft and if he continues to develop he can go very high.

here is short video with an intervju (in swedish), some footage from the game and some from a practise.

http://svt.se/svt/play/video.jsp?a=761565

what do you think??

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
Well, I'm imagining a 14 year old playing in the AHL and getting slaughtered, so this kid must be really good, is he actually on the team's roster? What team is it?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I didn't understand a word spoken, but he seems to be decent size and pretty comfortable in net. Hard to really say anything with just a small blurb though.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
From what I have heard, he was before this game not even ranked top 4-5 among Swedish goalies born 1992. Only reason he got to play is that Arboga (a team with a piss poor junior academy) did not have a better option...

That being said, his performances were quite good.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Well, I'm imagining a 14 year old playing in the AHL and getting slaughtered, so this kid must be really good, is he actually on the team's roster? What team is it?

yes. he is on the teams roster. he is playing for arboga in the swedish allsvenskan. the reason he is on the team this early is because arboga has had som serious financial problems and i think 14 players has left the team.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
From what I have heard, he was before this game not even ranked top 4-5 among Swedish goalies born 1992. Only reason he got to play is that Arboga (a team with a piss poor junior academy) did not have a better option...

That being said, his performances were quite good.

well, wikegård said he thought he was going to be a star goalie in the SEL in about 5-10 years. and i think he knows what he's talking about;)

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
well, wikegård said he thought he was going to be a star goalie in the SEL in about 5-10 years. and i think he knows what he's talking about;)

The same Wikegård who thougt Odoya (with all his offensive upside) was nothing more then an enforcer... well that goes for most of the players he have coached.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
The same Wikegård who thougt Odoya (with all his offensive upside) was nothing more then an enforcer... well that goes for most of the players he have coached.

imo he doesnt have a lot of offensive upside. i dont think he will ever be more than a #5-6 defensive minded d-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad