Confirmed with Link: Remainder of AHL Season Canceled

scott99

May 13, 2005
Same should be done for NHL. Concentrate on how you are going to manage the 2021 season.
Agree 100%, no way in hell that there should be any more hockey in 2020. Start fresh in September or October. Just too risky. And the logistics can't be worked out, what if a player gets the virus ? Then his whole team has to be quarantined for 2 weeks, does that team have to forfeit all of it's games ? Just doesn't make sense to start up again. I know a lot of money lost is a concern, but so are the lives of the players.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
YES please, I don't want to risk the players or staff members health, this is a stupid gamble.
The NHL needs to make them dolla dolla bills though!

I think the players will want to play too. They don't want to lose out on money and a chance to win the cup.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
The NHL needs to make them dolla dolla bills though!

I think the players will want to play too. They don't want to lose out on money and a chance to win the cup.

Don't kid yourself -- 80% of the league is more concerned about long term income and a successful career over the SC winner for one year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Don't kid yourself -- 80% of the league is more concerned about long term income and a successful career over the SC winner for one year.

I'd agree, but players have finite careers and I'm sure there are some that care about the fact that they're losing a chance to win as their careers come to a finish. The money is the big thing though. With the cap staying the same or going down players will lose out on paydays they otherwise would've gotten. They'll want every chance to make as much money as possible.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Agree 100%, no way in hell that there should be any more hockey in 2020. Start fresh in September or October. Just too risky. And the logistics can't be worked out, what if a player gets the virus ? Then his whole team has to be quarantined for 2 weeks, does that team have to forfeit all of it's games ? Just doesn't make sense to start up again. I know a lot of money lost is a concern, but so are the lives of the players.

After Americans leave the house to enjoy nice weather and the virus spikes back to where it was, the season will be canceled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad