Relocation Rumblings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Would be pretty surprising, if not bizarre, that this HUGE news was picked up by a HF poster, and nobody else, and not talked about, or even discussed, by the dozens upon dozens of insiders and people connected to the team, when they would all kill to have that type of breaking news.

Not to mention all those working for the Sens. If these "3 gameday employees" know this, what about all the others, with many of them connected to those that post here?

"Oh wait, they all "believe". Yeah, lock it up

No kidding.

This is laughable. Everyone knows Ottawa is a good market, hell I was actually listening to TSN 690 this morning and they were talking about how this is a strong market but it's all because of Melnyk. The guys on TSN 690 said they spent some time in Ottawa because of the Habs game and said they talked to many many Sens fans and most of them just weren't interested in spending on the team because of Melnyk. This is not just an HFBoards thing, it's painfully obvious to anyone that follows NHL hockey on a regular basis and the league knows that as well.

And on top of it the notion that the NHL would allow the Senators franchise to move to Quebec city is so stupid I cannot believe someone actually believed that. Who would believe that the league would allow an owner that alienated his fan base to move to an even smaller government market. The problem is Melnyk, not the location of the team. If the league intervenes it will be to get rid of the problem - not creating another one. And the money it would cost to move the team... lmao like Melnyk/the league has money to spend on that....

And also... the league decides if a team moves... not the owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danythegod

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I think if the team moving was even a remote possibility we fans in Ottawa would have already been guilted by Bettman to come out. I think I remember him levelling threats in the Bryden years.

It’s not happening. Double not happening with Quebec.

Reactions: Danythegod

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Wait until the hfers get online who want us to think a relocation is happening. Surprised coladin is so quiet here. Maybe we are onto something?? Hahaha

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
The "gameday employee" that Fenway spoke to:

312111.jpg

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
This would've been a much easier sell if they picked anywhere else other than Quebec City... Houston would've made me think twice, but Quebec City? Really? They're just Ottawa Jr. in the sense that its a government town with an even smaller population than us. How would it possibly not work here, but somehow work out there? C'mon meow.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
3)Relocation According to Section 35.3 of the League By-Laws: “Any proposed sale, assignment or transfer of a membership or of an ownership interest in a Member Club which would also involve the transfer of the Club or franchise to a different city or borough shall also be subject to the provisions of Section 4.2 of the Constitution [requiring *¾ vote from the Board of Governors] and to the provisions of By-Law Section 36.” To relocate a team, an owner must submit an application no later than January 1st of the year prior to the year in which the Club will start its first season, unless a majority of Board of Governors (BOGs) consent to a later date. Questions members (BOG) must consider when voting on approving a relocation (From section 36 on League By-Laws):

*Note: I think &frac34 is supposed to say 3/4ths)

x)Considerations under which it would be in the best interests of the league to transfer the club 4) Indemnification The league may require a transfer fee that reflects the goodwill of the league in the new location, or indemnification to reflect the goodwill developed by neighboring member clubs in the new location
There's a lot more info here.... How to move an NHL franchise

What's the story about Minnesota relocating to Dallas? I've never heard that they battled the NHL and forced the relocation, only that they originally wanted to move to Anaheim but were unable to because Disney had dibs on that location.

It seems to be an extremely odd idea that the board of governors would not only give a majority vote to expansion, but also that Eugene Melnyk would be able to pony up any sort of relocation fee. I'd be curious to hear anybody who knows more about the topic to outline why Melnyk would be able to relocate despite not having the territorial rights to an NHL club in Quebec City.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Would be pretty surprising, if not bizarre, that this HUGE news was picked up by a HF poster, and nobody else, and not talked about, or even discussed, by the dozens upon dozens of insiders and people connected to the team, when they would all kill to have that type of breaking news.

Not to mention all those working for the Sens. If these "3 gameday employees" know this, what about all the others, with many of them connected to those that post here?

*Oh wait, they all "believe". Yeah, lock it up. It's the same as me saying these 3 guys I talked to believe it. Nothing to see here.

Close this thread up.

If our team board has taught you anything, it’s that people like to pretend to have information and insiders to feel special on here.

We’re these employees the same ones who told 5 different posters on here a Sens sale was coming in a month?

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
was it the lady who sells 50/50 tickets or one of the ice cream vendors? I trust the 50/50 lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad