GDT: Relegation Round • Jan. 4 • Germany 1, Norway 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyke*

Awesome for Norway. Also amusing that it's another win for Pool B over Pool A :P

Pool B Wins:
Russia (3B) v. Finland (2A) - 4-3 Russia
Canada (2B) v. Switzerland (3A) - 4-1 Canada
Czech Republic (4B) v. Germany (5A) - 3-2 Czech Republic
Canada (2B) v. U.S.A. (1A) - 4-1 Canada
Norway (5B) v. Germany (5A) - 3-1 Norway

Pool A Wins:
Slovakia (4A) v. Norway (5B) - 5-0 Slovakia.

Pretty bad...

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Another embarrassing tournament performance brought to you by the DEB braintrust. Give these guys a Bundesverdienstkreuz already!

EVL

Jan 18, 2010
Wien
Not easy to believe that the Germans couldn't win a single game. Well...Hoefner, Krupp... I am curious about how Cologne Sharks will perform next season with the new GM, Head-Coach or whatever. But I have to say, as I know, they didn't have much time as an entire team to prepare for the WJC. And even the less days they had for some preparation couldn't be used in total because of flight problems for some players due to bad weather conditions in Germany. And Grubauer did not have his best moments when he started in this tournament. But finally not to win a single game...?

Last edited:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
this was the one game that germany was supposed to have a chance. disappointing that they lost this badly.

Dfire

Oct 17, 2008
had Germany played like that at the Div. I last year they would not have gotten the promotion.

The problem is really not the lack of talent though in my opinion. This very same team beat switzerland in the last couple of months twice in 4 encounters, Slovakia twice in 2 encounters and the Czech Republic once in 2 matches. I don't really know what seems to be the problem. Switzerland had more preperation time but I don't think that explains everything. Germany Junior teams have a history of collapsing when it matters ever since Höfner became their coach. He's just not able to build up / restore the players confidence.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
had Germany played like that at the Div. I last year they would not have gotten the promotion.

The problem is really not the lack of talent though in my opinion. This very same team beat switzerland in the last couple of months twice in 4 encounters, Slovakia twice in 2 encounters and the Czech Republic once in 2 matches. I don't really know what seems to be the problem. Switzerland had more preperation time but I don't think that explains everything. Germany Junior teams have a history of collapsing when it matters ever since Höfner became their coach. He's just not able to build up / restore the players confidence.

This result is very disappointing. Very.

This is actually one of the better squads Germany has put on the ice in recent years.

Very surprised that Norway mustered together a club that ended up beating them so cleanly.

U-18:
Hardly any of the Norwegians should be available for the U-18 tourney in Dresden/Crimmitschau in April.

I believe the Germans should be fielding a decent squad. Chances are once again good that they'll be playing in the relegation round there.

Their groups are as follows:
Dresden
Canada
Sweden
Finland
Czech Republic
Norway

Crimmitschau
USA
Russia
Slovakia
Switzerland