GDT: Relegation Round • Jan. 4 • Czech Republic 5, Slovakia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedwingsnCudi13

Aug 25, 2010
Since there is no stickied GDT for this game i thought i would make this thread for people who want to talk about this game ( not many ) to talk about it.

Sorry i dont have any of that stuff that Systemfel has but anyway

The game is at 7:30 Est Its a relegation game so it dosent really matter but it will for next year

If anyone wants to watch the game the stream is right here : http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=100888&part=sports

Last edited:

dvas68

Dec 28, 2010
Slovensko do to ho!

Any links for US based viewers? The above doesn't seem to work.

jakzed

Feb 15, 2010
B.C., Canada
None of the links are working for me. According to the IIHF website there aren`t any shots yet at about the 7 minute mark.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Yeah, somehow I managed not to notice this game in the schedule. Sorry 'bout that.

None of the links are working for me. According to the IIHF website there aren`t any shots yet at about the 7 minute mark.
Shots are only updated in the intermission.

jakzed

Feb 15, 2010
B.C., Canada
Ah yes, 17-4, but that`s with 3 powerplays.

Hopefully our men can give us a better outing in the the upcoming world championships.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Is there anyone on SVK other than Panik? His 6th goal of the tournament makes it CR4SR1.

RedwingsnCudi13

Aug 25, 2010
Sorry about the streams guys when i tries them earlier one of them opened up to a page with a video player that was offline i don`t know what happened now :dunno:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
That was Riso Panik's 7th of the tournament, 15th in his WJCU20 career.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
5-2 final, same score as last year. :) I probably prefer this as I think it means Slovakia is placed in with Latvia. I'd rather be with Latvia than Denmark.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
So Norway and Germany get relegated?

Yes, that was decided right after Germany lost to the Czech Republic.

Next year SVK will no longer have Panik. The burden will fall to the shoulders of players like Janosik, Marincin, Cajkovsky, Ceresnak, Cingal, Simcak, Jurco and Tvrdon.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Then once again, SVK Jr's just get by.

:help:

Koys will save us soon enough.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Yes, that was decided right after Germany lost to the Czech Republic.

Next year SVK will no longer have Panik. The burden will fall to the shoulders of players like Janosik, Marincin, Cajkovsky, Ceresnak, Cingal, Simcak, Jurco and Tvrdon.

scary thought. One lucky victory and denmark/latvia could actually beat the slovaks next year.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
scary thought. One lucky victory and denmark/latvia could actually beat the slovaks next year.

That is true, but the Slovak's should be ahead of them still. Jurco, Tvrdon and Marincin are all either first round talents or pretty close and they have a support crew of Janosik, Ceresnak, Simcak and Riecicky who are all returning and could be drafted this year. The Dane's are closer in calibur, but Latvia is quite far off.

I expect the Czech team to be fairly strong next year. With Musil, Jaskin, Frk, Straka, Culek, Hlinka, Jank, Holik, Hrbas and possibly (hopefully) Mrazek leading the way, they should be much stronger than they were this year. That's possibly 3 first rounders in the group and hopefully more players who could be drafted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->