GDT: Relegation Round • Jan. 2 • Czech Republic 3, Germany 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
It must be very late in the 3rd. The Czechs scored at least 10 minutes of real-time ago, and that was with 10 minutes left (playing time) in the 3rd.

Germany would be fine with a OT/SO win, but can't lose in OT/SO. If they won in OT/SO they would still stay up with a regulation win against Norway UNLESS the Czechs beat the Slovaks OT/SO.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
palat scored again, 3-2 czechs :(

that sucks, czechs take the lead with a minute left.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
Yeah, a real tough break. Good for the Czechs for battling through a terrible year/terrible team and surviving for next year. 17 and 18 year old Czech kids are breathing a huge sigh of relief at not having to play the Div 1 tournament next year.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Yep, Czech's worst team in a while is still better than Germany's most talented in a long time.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
in order:

CAN/USA/SWE/RUS/FIN
CAN/USA/SWE/RUS/FIN
CAN/USA/SWE/RUS/FIN
CAN/USA/SWE/RUS/FIN
RUS/FIN/SUI
RUS/FIN/SUI
CZE/SVK
CZE/SVK
DEN
LAT

How do they determine 9 vs 10 for the teams coming up? Is it higher rating in IIHF ratings or is it just as simple as who won the group named group 1 vs who won group 2 at the lower level.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
How do they determine 9 vs 10 for the teams coming up? Is it higher rating in IIHF ratings or is it just as simple as who won the group named group 1 vs who won group 2 at the lower level.

I'm wondering this too.

Also, which # goes to A and which to B? (In regards to 9 and 10)

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
I'm wondering this too.

Also, which # goes to A and which to B? (In regards to 9 and 10)

Numbers 1, 4, 5, 8, 9 go to group A (The defending champ is in Group A)

Numbers 2, 3, 6, 7, 10 go to group B

Looking at the past few years, it does look as simple as, whoever is in Tourney IA comes up to Group A and whoever is in Tourney IB comes up to Group B. If this is the case, Latvia would be considered Team 9 and go to Group A and Denmark would be considered Team 10 and go to Group B.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Here is how i figure it is and sorry if i have this wrong

Last year Denmark finished 2nd and Lativia went from WJC 2010 down to Division 1 this year

So next year its

Pool A
1 - Gold Medal
4 - Bronze Medal Losing Team
5 - Finland
8 - Slovakia
9 - Denmark/Latvia

Pool B
2 -Silver Medal
3 - Bronze Medal
6 - Swiss
7 - Czech Rep
10 - Latvia/Denmark

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
^ There is still a FIN vs SUI game to be played which will determine 5 and 6. As well as CZE vs SVK to determine 7 and 8.

Unless those are your prediction in 5,6,7 and 8.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
^ There is still a FIN vs SUI game to be played which will determine 5 and 6. As well as CZE vs SVK to determine 7 and 8.

Unless those are your prediction in 5,6,7 and 8.

My bad... I thought the rest of the Tournament outside of 4th place was already decided... well thats my prediction of how the tournament is going to finish and how its going to look next year outside of the top 4

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
I think the Slovaks will beat the Czechs and finish 7th. I also am unsure if Finland will be able to rebound from that devastating defeat to beat a Swiss team (albeit significantly weaker than Finland is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->