GDT: Relegation • May 8 • Latvia 4, Austria 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
I'm glad we control rebounds, pretty much and do not allow second shots.

hockeydog

Oct 19, 2007
Well, our PP is pathetic, our D is pathetic and we can't score goals for life's sake - deserve to go down to Division I. :help:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
****. I knew they would let one in. What a crappy defense by Latvia. It doesn't matter if it were PP for AUT.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
I feel sorry, that Austria has to go, but I'm sure you'll be back in 2013. Miraculously we remain in elite division. I was sure 2 days ago, that we'd get relegated.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
No real surprise that Latvia and Belarus won the relegation round, but it looked bad for Latvia after losing to Slovenia in the opening game of the relegation. Congrats to both teams.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Austrians were terrible and need to regroup in Div 1.

Latvia need to develop a goalie or two or they will be playing Div 1 as well.

Wolfy*

Too bad for Austria and Slovenia, both made it up here this year only to be kicked back to division 1. But as you say, they don't belong here with that kind of play.

So next year we welcome Italy, along with Kazaksthan of all countries.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
The Austrians were terrible and need to regroup in Div 1.

Latvia need to develop a goalie or two or they will be playing Div 1 as well.

I do not agree. Austria missed their best players from NA and they did their best! They should be proud of the way they played. Austria will be back ;) Meanwhile the rest of us can drink Red Bull and watch Arnold schwarzenegger movies :D

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Glad Latvia pulled it off. They were seriously undermanned this year, but none the less, being relegated after 16 years would have been embarrassing and pretty much a national disgrace back home. I was looking at today's score sheet and was surprised to see no less than four player's names on there that normally wouldn't have made the team. At least those guys that came in to replace the missing starters made their presence felt in a positive way. With the win, Latvia will have all three of their mens teams at the elite level next year, which is a first for them (at the same time that is, all have been there at some point in the past)

I'm kinda disappointed that Slovenia didn't stay up. They played very well for most of the tournament, even if it didn't always reflect in the outcome. That said, the two strongest teams are staying in the elite division, which is how it should be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad