Relax, McDavid is better than Kucherov

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Crosby had his peak ruined by injuries but nevertheless Crosby at 22 finished second in points. Mcdavid will likely do the same. Mcdavid will win more art ross trophies in the future barring injury.
But he will have less Hart’s in comparison to his art ross trophies

Crosby never came close to Gretz or Mario, regardless of injuries. I was hoping McDavid would be different but this season is shaping up to be a big disappointment for his personal legacy. McDavid should be having the type of season Kucherov is having, and should at minimum be locking either one of the playoffs or the scoring title.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Crosby never came close to Gretz or Mario, regardless of injuries. I was hoping McDavid would be different but this season is shaping up to be a big disappointment for his personal legacy. McDavid should be having the type of season Kucherov is having, and should at minimum be locking either one of the playoffs or the scoring title.
10-11 season would have been something special. But as great as both sid and Mcdavid are. Neither compare. Mcdavids having a great year regardless and will forge a great legacy.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018

For the first two years of his career, Crosby was kinda close having a modern Gretzky/Lemieux level career :

Was the youngest player ever to reach 100 points
Youngest player to win the Art Ross, Trophy and Lester B. Pearson Award (19 years old)

From there, you would expect him to become a +130 points player for the next 5-10 years, but for some reasons, he never quit maintained that level (aside of 2010-11).

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It's not just better season. There's a good argument for Kucherov being the better player. McDavid had 108 and Kucherov had 100 and Kucherov was leading Art Ross for most of season. If Kucherov won AR last season there would be no debate and Kucherov would be the better player hands down. It's only because McDavid went on a crazy run in the last 10 games last season.

Relax man. Most know you got a dagger walking behind 97 at all times. 97 has been better then Kucherov for the past 2 seasons. Well see how far ahead he finishes from 97 by seasons end. Congrats on Kucherov having a once in a 20 year type season...unless he does what Kucherov does and gets 10 to 15 in his last 21 games and chokes again.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Relax man. Most know you got a dagger walking behind 97 at all times. 97 has been better then Kucherov for the past 2 seasons. Well see how far ahead he finishes from 97 by seasons end. Congrats on Kucherov having a once in a 20 year type season...unless he does what Kucherov does and gets 10 to 15 in his last 21 games and chokes again.
Would be funny if Kucherov goes down as the best player of his generation.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'd rather have the guy who starts saving himself for the playoffs than the guy who gets hot when there's nothing to play for.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I'd rather have the guy who starts saving himself for the playoffs than the guy who gets hot when there's nothing to play for.
You would drive Kucherov on a tractor across the continent if you had to if 97 was offered for him right now. It's ok no need to get all riled up...:laugh:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You would drive Kucherov on a tractor across the continent if you had to if 97 was offered for him right now. It's ok no need to get all riled up...:laugh:
I'm sorry but that would not be possible since I don't have a visa to go to Russia. I'd have to get a boat to get my tractor across the Gulf of Finland to do that. Please do your research sir.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
What else is there to be obsessed about if you support the Edmonton Oilers?
Well. They are now 2nd or 3rd last in the LEAGUE right now. So they could start getting ANOTHER draft lottery party together because it looks like it might be yet another 1st overall for them:skeptic:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

All I see is McDavid fans scared that a player might actually take the reigns of best player in the league. Its ok no need to get all riled up...

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Kucherov is an amazing talent in the tier of Nathan MacKinnon, there's no question of that. He might even be the 2nd best player in the world right now, but it's really impossible to tell considering the team he plays on. You can just take a look at his points from last night, and analyze whether or not they could have happened in Edmonton.

1st Goal: Yanni Gourde takes a pass with speed crossing over the blue-line and makes a nice saucer pass to Kucherov who finishes deftly. This could not have happened in Edmonton. No player is both quick enough and skilled enough to set that up. Draisaitl could have made the pass, but he wouldn't have been quick enough moving forward, so the defenseman would have been in position to block the pass.

2nd Goal: Coburn makes a nice move standing up a forward on his own blue line and sets up Kucherov, who beats one defender and scores a nice goal. This could have happened in Edmonton, but I can't remember the last time a defenseman made a play like that.

1st Assist: Kucherov on the power play passes it to Stamkos on the left circle who wires a one-timer past the goalie. Not a single Oilers player has scored on a one-timer like that all season... this could not have happened in Edmonton.

2nd Assist: Point builds up speed and cuts through the neutral zone, and passes it to Kucherov, who gives it right back. Point backs up the defenders on the rush and scores on a nice shot. No player on Edmonton could make the move that Point made with speed, so this could not have happened in Edmonton.

3rd Assist: Kucherov makes a beautiful misdirection-pass to Point who makes no mistake. Very similar to a number of McDavid to Draisaitl goals this year. This could have happened in Edmonton.

So out of the five points he scored last night, it's reasonable to say only two of them would be possible with McDavid's supporting cast. What some people don't realize is that McDavid has to create plays from whole cloth almost every time he gets a point. Draisaitl cannot create plays on his own, but he is a good finisher... that said, he needs an open net to score on a one-timer. And what a small, vocal minority don't understand is that it's easier to get points when people make plays after you give them the puck, when the defensemen you pass the puck to know what to do with it, when you're not usually down 2-0 after five minutes, and you often have a 3 goal lead meaning that the opposition is either taking chances or giving up. But none of these things will be surprising to people who understand the game.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
With team Canada he also faced considerably better opponents.

The overwhelming majority of Canada's opponents are bad teams. And even some good teams has a low level of defense. Team Russia as example.

I've just quickly googled the schedule of team Canada from a random tournament.
List of Canada's opponents: Germany, Norway, Latvia, Denmark, Russia, Finland.

So if Crosby would take part in this tournament he would face 4 bad teams, 1 good team with bad defense and only 1 team with good defense.

It looks like your assumption is incorrect.

And he also probably got less icetime and pp time than he has in Pittsburgh.

This argument is also applicable to the McDavid vs Kucherov case (Which is the main discussion in this thread). As an argument for Kucherov and against McDavid. So the assumption that McDavid would have more points than Kucherov if we switch them still can not be proven.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
All I see is McDavid fans scared that a player might actually take the reigns of best player in the league. Its ok no need to get all riled up...
It's fine since they only get like one more season out of him before he requests a trade. Then they'll call him a scrub too.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I'm sorry but that would not be possible since I don't have a visa to go to Russia. I'd have to get a boat to get my tractor across the Gulf of Finland to do that. Please do your research sir.

Here is a little geography for you. I know they dont teach much geography in the United states judging by this video....

Edmonton is located in Canada.....Near the rocky mountains in Alberta.

:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190219-125343_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20190219-125343_Maps.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
EP40 aka "the Alien" is also better than Kucherov, and soon better than McDavid as well.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Here is a little geography for you. I know they dont teach much geography in the United states judging by this video....

Edmonton is located in Canada.....Near the rocky mountains in Alberta.

:biglaugh:

You didn't say which continent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad