Relax, McDavid is better than Kucherov

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Unfortunately, McDavid is quickly developing a reputation as a loser in the NHL.

If he keeps losing like he has, I think it will negatively effect his legacy. Especially this year, Kucherov's team dominating makes his season look a lot better.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Unfortunately, McDavid is quickly developing a reputation as a loser in the NHL.

If he keeps losing like he has, I think it will negatively effect his legacy. Especially this year, Kucherov's team dominating makes his season look a lot better.

Which doesnt makes sense considering winning is a team accomplishment while he still wins individual awards

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Why did you only read one part of my reply to you? And a bad goalie have a minuscule effect on how many points you score. Just look at Patrick Kane. A goalie has almost zero relevance to how many points you score.

You mean this part "Since when is McDavid worrying about defense?"

What's there to say? The irony in all this is that I had a large post that you stole one line from to try and make a point and now you're angry I didn't address sentence 1 in your 2 sentence reply.

As for your point about bad goal tending, you really don't think that playing from behind or playing in front of a bad goalie effects the schemes that team put in place?

And what about Kane? He's been on a team that's been a powerhouse for years and then last year, when the wheels fell off the entire team, his ppg numbers went down. He's not a great example because the sample size for Chicago's down years is so low.

Are you seriously saying that playing on a crap team as compared to a great one wouldn't impact a persons number?

Reactions: Frosty415

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

A loser like Mario Lemieux was?

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018

I think we need to calm down with Mcdavid's team failure

Lemieux was 23 when he first made the playoffs and won his first Cup at 25
Sakic won his first Cup at 26
Yzerman won his first Cup at 31

I think they ended up just fine by the end of their careers. It's still too earlier to be on panic mode with McDavid

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kucherov is racking up points of a team that would still be one of the top 3 without him.

McDavid is playing for a terribly built team that would have a hard time beating a low end AHL team without him.

I see people claiming Kucherov is the best player in the world. Lol, really? He's scoring at an incredible pace but McDavid's toolbox is simply far superior. Kucherov wouldn't scoring 70 pts this year on that terrible Oilers team.

Recency bias, it's an HF trademark.

Don't get me wrong, Kucherov is a phenomenal talent but you've got to look at the body of work, skillset and situation plays a part in this too.
Kucherov is surrounded by ridiculous talent from linemates to defense to goalies to his coach even. McDavid has had one really good linemate his entire career and the worst collection of players in the league surrounding him. It's a miracle that he won back to back Art Rosses all things considered.

Kucherov is the best player in the league this season and I suppose one can argue that it's a fluid situation in regards to best player in the league but I find it hard to argue that anybody has been more consistent than McDavid the last 3 years. He rarely ever gets 4-5 point games yet consistently is amongst the league leader in points and he does it virtually by himself. Yes, he has Draisaitl or RNH but it is the worst collection of puck moving Dmen in the league that he plays with (find me a top player or any player with a worse group of puck movers) so yes, he's pretty much on his own, him and Draisaitl.
At worst, it can be argued that Kucherov is as good as McDavid, not clearly the best player in the league IMO.

Reactions: notsocommonsense
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
McDavid will go on a run here and pick up more McPoints when Edmonton is completely out of it and have nothing else to strive for.

That said.. McDavid is the best in the world, but Kuch isn't too far behind.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
05/06: Jagr
06/07: Crosby
07/08: Ovechkin
08/09: Ovechkin
09/10: Ovechkin
10/11: Sedin/Perry (not giving Crosby credit for 40 GP)
11/12: Malkin
12/13: Crosby
13/14: Crosby
14/15: Price (Ovechkin for skaters)
15/16: Kane
16/17: McDavid
17/18: McDavid
18/19: Kucherov

3 times.

Lol, Benn was better than Ovechkin in 2014-15 and yes Crosby was easily the best player in the world in 2010-11 half season or not.

Reactions: binop7

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I remember Kucherov putting up 85 points in 74 games on a badly injuried Lightning team and almost dragged them to the playoffs.

To suggest Kucherov wouldn't score 70 on the Oilers is just so insecure McDavid fan of you.

Kucherov puts up 85-95 on the Oilers.

This season? In 60 games you mean.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
As a mcdavid and oilers fan... I am cheering hard for kuch and tampa... I want everyone to see, more importantly katz and oilers fans, what a competent team and management can accomplish. Kuch is not as good as connor, but he is trolling the oilers management right now by dominating the points.

fingerpainter

Dec 20, 2018
After reading through this thread, I wouldn't even trade Eichel for McDavid as a Buffalo fan at this point, since McDavid is such a loser.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
McDavid needs to win these types of scoring races in order to remain as high as possible on the all time historical player rankings. Losing to someone like Kucherov will not help. Gretz and Mario in any healthy season never lost scoring races to anyone but each other in their primes.

No playoffs and now possibly no scoring title? As a McDavid fan, both McDavid and Edmonton are disappointing me.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
McDavid needs to win these types of scoring races in order to remain as high as possible on the all time historical player rankings. Losing to someone like Kucherov will not help. Gretz and Mario in any healthy season never lost scoring races to anyone but each other in their primes.

No playoffs and now possibly no scoring title? As a McDavid fan, both McDavid and Edmonton are disappointing me.
Mcdavid is not on the level of either Lemieux or Gretzky. So you can’t compare him to them. In reality a 22 year old player in his 4th season will finish 2nd or 3rd in the scoring race. Which is all time great worthy on its own.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Mcdavid is not on the level of either Lemieux or Gretzky. So you can’t compare him to them. In reality a 22 year old player in his 4th season will finish 2nd or 3rd in the scoring race. Which is all time great worthy on its own.

It would’ve been nice to see how close he could get to Gretz and Mario’s level. Crosby never came close but there’s always still that hope for McDavid. Losing to Kucherov would go toward removing some of that shine.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
It would’ve been nice to see how close he could get to Gretz and Mario’s level. Crosby never came close but there’s always still that hope for McDavid. Losing to Kucherov would go toward removing some of that shine.
Crosby had his peak ruined by injuries but nevertheless Crosby at 22 finished second in points. Mcdavid will likely do the same. Mcdavid will win more art ross trophies in the future barring injury.
But he will have less Hart’s in comparison to his art ross trophies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad