Relax, McDavid is better than Kucherov

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Kucherov is racking up points of a team that would still be one of the top 3 without him.

McDavid is playing for a terribly built team that would have a hard time beating a low end AHL team without him.

I see people claiming Kucherov is the best player in the world. Lol, really? He's scoring at an incredible pace but McDavid's toolbox is simply far superior. Kucherov wouldn't scoring 70 pts this year on that terrible Oilers team.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This seems defensive and unnecessary.

I haven’t seen anyone claim Kucherov is a better player. Having a better season? Absolutely, there’s an argument, but not a better player.

Why can’t everyone just appreciate what both players are doing?

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
ColorlessAcademicIchthyostega-size_restricted.gif

Why start this thread

illpucks

May 26, 2011

I haven’t seen anyone claim Kucherov is a better player. Having a better season? Absolutely, there’s an argument, but not a better player.

It's not just better season. There's a good argument for Kucherov being the better player. McDavid had 108 and Kucherov had 100 and Kucherov was leading Art Ross for most of season. If Kucherov won AR last season there would be no debate and Kucherov would be the better player hands down. It's only because McDavid went on a crazy run in the last 10 games last season.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal

In the Kucherov thread, many people claim is the best in the world. That's simply not true in my opinion

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Sometimes it's better to just go to sleep instead of creating new threads.

Kucherov and McDavid are in the years of their offensive prime. Who tells you Kucherov won't be able to stay more productive than McDavid during their primes? He's proving this season that he can outplay McDavid.

How do you measure how good a player is if not with the official standards that the league has defined, the trophies and votes? The Ted Lindsay vote at the end of this season will give you a better answer.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I really don't think McDavid is hindered offensively by playing on Edmonton, plays with LD, gets the most ice time in the league for forwards and is out there for about every second of powerplay time. There are pros and cons for good and bad teams from a personal statistic standpoint that are always overlooked, not to me mention that the Oilers are almost always losing so McDavid is going to be put out and asked to generate offense every waking moment of any given game which is quite different than kuchs situation.

McDavid is the best player in the league and I get that Edmonton fans are depressed(and the art ross is their cup) but don't try to knock Kuch down to look tall, he's been better this season.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
high end players typically will score similar points no matter what the team around them is doing

Gretzky/Lemieux level maybe, but even Lemieux scoring dropped like a rock when they traded every asset during one of is last season.

It must have a significant effect specially power play wise.

The 3 players with the most power play points in the league play for Tampa, just one of them, Kucherov, is in the top 10 in even strength point at #2, I doubt that is a coincidence.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
McDavid is still the best player in the league. He was better than Kucherov the last 2 seasons. But Kucherov has been the best this season. If he beats McDavid again next season then he takes over #1.

Reactions: Gabranth

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Kucherov is racking up points of a team that would still be one of the top 3 without him.

McDavid is playing for a terribly built team that would have a hard time beating a low end AHL team without him.

I see people claiming Kucherov is the best player in the world. Lol, really? He's scoring at an incredible pace but McDavid's toolbox is simply far superior. Kucherov wouldn't scoring 70 pts this year on that terrible Oilers team.

Actually i see very little that supports that claim. When you are the big star it is very often easier to put up points, since more of the play will go through you. Overall I do not think it matters for the star players that much. Some medicore players can benifit from playing with star players that is it, but Kucherov is hardly a medicore player.

Plus McDavid often plays with Drasital, so that argument just feels weird either way.

Plus what happen to the argument of team success, McDavid has not made edmonton to a better team. Now instead team success is used against Kucherov, just because it do not fit the agenda, and edmontons team is not that bad on paper. It lack some good more natural wingers.

I like Kucherov more, if for no other reason, that he has had to earn his respect in NHL, while McDavid was giving it before he even played a single game in NHL, he was even then seen as one of the best in the game. Remember that he was on tsn top 50 list before he had played a single game. But overall is even between them 2 right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad