OT: Relationship Advice Thread

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
BFCDE348-B18B-49C2-97A2-CC582C5D2EFD.png

Sporting a bowl cut was my look when pursuing students before i became a celebrity.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
bumping this thread because i just ordered a 30-count box of popcorn and need some reading material for next week

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Guys I need help. When I was a kid I loved action figures. I had them until well into my teens. It was an awesome hobby. I didn't touch an action figure again until last November when I ordered a Mandalorian Black Series. Well then I got this other and another and another. And after the pandemic I broke up with my girlfriend and now Ive spent like nearly 2000 dollars building an action figure collection. And its like crack. And I cant stop. And now I don't know where to hide them. I dont know how to bring women back into my apartment and explain this. What do I do? I'm damn serious this shit is like my addiction. I just bought a tyranosaurus rex from Jurrasic World because it was 20 dollars. Yesterday it was a transformer. I feel like I am in some kind of crisis. I am 38 f***ing years old and I have no kids, pets or responsibilities and I happened to have rediscovered a love for action figures. Worst thing is I just love opening them and then putting them on a shelf, but I only have 4 shelves so I put the rest away in boxes and rotate them. But still IDK... I have enough figures to fill an entire room and I got them all in less than a year. Ahhh.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Guys I need help. When I was a kid I loved action figures. I had them until well into my teens. It was an awesome hobby. I didn't touch an action figure again until last November when I ordered a Mandalorian Black Series. Well then I got this other and another and another. And after the pandemic I broke up with my girlfriend and now Ive spent like nearly 2000 dollars building an action figure collection. And its like crack. And I cant stop. And now I don't know where to hide them. I dont know how to bring women back into my apartment and explain this. What do I do? I'm damn serious this shit is like my addiction. I just bought a tyranosaurus rex from Jurrasic World because it was 20 dollars. Yesterday it was a transformer. I feel like I am in some kind of crisis. I am 38 f***ing years old and I have no kids, pets or responsibilities and I happened to have rediscovered a love for action figures. Worst thing is I just love opening them and then putting them on a shelf, but I only have 4 shelves so I put the rest away in boxes and rotate them. But still IDK... I have enough figures to fill an entire room and I got them all in less than a year. Ahhh.
Honestly, I wouldn't hide all of them. I'd definitely keep a few out on the shelves for display, as it's who you are. Don't be ashamed of it.

It's your money, and you're comfortable spending some of your expendable cash on figurines. So what?

But, if you're concerned about potential partners viewing your entire collection at first sight, then I'd just keep a select few out for display. They can be a conversational piece for your interests, which obviously a partner will want to know more about. And if, should you and this potential partner get more serious/involved, you could open up about having a "deeper collection" and slowly reveal more. Heck, you could even rotate them every now and then, like you said. Maybe keep it to one or two shelves with some really nice/prized figurines.

Don't be ashamed of your interests, but if you think they are over-bearing, then the best thing to do would be reigning it in a bit and only showing a little, and then loosening it up as you become more involved with a partner.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005

Set up all your action figures in a Star Wars vs Dinosaur fictional movie scene but give some dinosaurs lightsabers.

Then bring a lady friend home after a date and dont even acknowledge it. Power move.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Set up all your action figures in a Star Wars vs Dinosaur fictional movie scene but give some dinosaurs lightsabers.

Then bring a lady friend home after a date and dont even acknowledge it. Power move.

my Dinosaurs are always out on display. I grow mold around the house to make it look and smell more realistic. Caught a seagull and chased it around my house for a few days until the walls resembled a prehistoric kill. My wife left me but i have a sweet ad on facebook so i’m ending 2020 on a high note.

Good stuff - Numbah one!

Last edited:

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
oh god it’s so bad and so are all of it’s offshoots

me and my wife hate watched all three major complete series over the pandemic and i can quote more than i’d like to admit
You and I both, brother.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Lol, no kidding. I actually broke up with my now ex over this. At some point, I got tired of her wanting to always start an argument and self-sabotaging.
Over the years I’ve learnt that when women engage in this type of behavior, there’s usually something deeper going on, and that it’s a cry for attention. My girlfriend and I used to argue frequently, like this, but ever since I made it a point to improve my work-life balance, things have normalized and were as happy as when we first met (four years ago). But every now and then, yes, there are those crazy bitches — and life is too short for that.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Over the years I’ve learnt that when women engage in this type of behavior, there’s usually something deeper going on, and that it’s a cry for attention. My girlfriend and I used to argue frequently, like this, but ever since I made it a point to improve my work-life balance, things have normalized and were as happy as when we first met (four years ago). But every now and then, yes, there are those crazy bitches — and life is too short for that.

Preach it

Reactions: CasusBelli

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

The thing is, it never mattered HOW happy I made her (she practically admitted this towards the end). She would always engage in this behavior.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
oh god it’s so bad and so are all of it’s offshoots

me and my wife hate watched all three major complete series over the pandemic and i can quote more than i’d like to admit

I hate watch this show with my GF. I love me some good, trashy fun.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

It's a sh*t test and trying to take control of the 50/50 power dynamic.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm supposed to go on my first in person date since the pandemic hit and I'm kind of nervous. Seems like a cool girl though, although she lives a bit far and I don't have a car. Also, I'm not sure how to navigate Covid. Just act like it doesn't exist?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I'm supposed to go on my first in person date since the pandemic hit and I'm kind of nervous. Seems like a cool girl though, although she lives a bit far and I don't have a car. Also, I'm not sure how to navigate Covid. Just act like it doesn't exist?

Yes. If she’s meeting you in person, just act like it doesn’t exist. You can talk about how it’s effected life a bit, without complaining, and if conversation goes there, but otherwise she’s agreeing to meet so treat it as if things were normal.

Reactions: Barnaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->